Eli fires back at Tiki

Matt39

Tike aka the biggest clown in pro sports getting exposed

The Blue Screen

August 21, 2007

Eli Fires Back at Tiki

Eli Manning may not have the fire in his eyes that Tiki Barber wants to see in the huddle, but he sure had it yesterday when talking about Tiki Barber.

Asked for his reaction to Barber's comments on the Sunday Night Football halftime show, Manning shot back, and shot back hard. Here is Eli Manning, fired up and unplugged:

Bet he wishes he was in SD right now... lol

its pretty crazy how that worked out. 4 years ago i would not have believed SD would be regarded as one of the most talented teams in the NFL, or that the Giants would be one of the least talented.

Sounds like the soap opera of the NY Giants is still gonna go on. You know whats funny, looking past the bitching and moaning that happened on draft day in 2003 that Eli pulled and how the fine ESPN analysts said how SD was an awful team then, the Giants gave them Phillip Rivers (2004 pick) and Shawn Merriman (2005 pick from Giants). I'm glad Eli hasn't panned out to being like his brother and hope that his dynamic mechanics, vocal leadership and "fire" in his belly leads the Giants to another failure of a season. :box:

Tiki lost a ton of respect in my eyes last year when he blasted Tom Coughlin. IMO Coughlin made Tiki into the great RB he was. Just check out Tiki's stats before and after Coughlin became coach. What a way for that douche bag to say thanks.

Tiki lost a ton of respect in my eyes last year when he blasted Tom Coughlin. IMO Coughlin made Tiki into the great RB he was. Just check out Tiki's stats before and after Coughlin became coach. What a way for that douche bag to say thanks.

Eh. I think we've gone through this before, but Coughlin didn't exacty invent Tiki Barber. Tiki was doing just fine before Coughlin got there. If it weren't for Tiki's production that prick would have lost his job a long time ago. Tiki solved his fumbling problems and got more carries under Coughlin, but less receptions. I don't necessarily think riding a 5'10" 200 lb back like rented mule is something to be applauded-we're all burying Herm for doing it to a horse like Larry Johnson. Tiki may be a douchebag, but Coughlin is worse and the last ****sucker I'd ever be thanking if I were a player in the NFL.

PS: Eli doesn't exactly sound like a leader who has found his voice in the article. "Wah, wah, I'm not a leader? You're not a leader!"

F Tiki Barber and his self serving piece of dog crap opinions.

Barber along with Burress, Strahan, Shockey have been the biggest cancers that franchise has ever seen.

If their talent was even half what mouths were to that team the Giants probably would have been to more than one Super Bowl.

Those guys did nothing except live off the reputations of guys like Taylor, Harry. Simms and Bavaro.

Bunch of jackoffs

F them all.

Dooshies

Bet he wishes he was in SD right now... lol

That was a lot to give up not to go to one of the best teams in the NFL. :)

Really though, Eli shouldn't respond. If every player responded to what every tv/radio analyst had to say there wouldn't be any time to play football.

BZ

This is just another showing of the crybaby that once was a really good 5 year Football player and now is a loudmouth analyst. Why people ever consider this P.O.S. for the Hall of Fame is beyond me. What exactly did he do up until 2001/2002?

That was a lot to give up not to go to one of the best teams in the NFL. :)

Really though, Eli shouldn't respond. If every player responded to what every tv/radio analyst had to say there wouldn't be any time to play football.

BZ

I disagree because this wasn't just any reporter. It was the "leader" of that team last year. Eli needed to respond to make a statement to his teammates. He needed to let them know that the drama queen is gone and it is a new year.

This is just another showing of the crybaby that once was a really good 5 year Football player and now is a loudmouth analyst. Why people ever consider this P.O.S. for the Hall of Fame is beyond me. What exactly did he do up until 2001/2002?

Tiki at his prime was the most versitile yard-gaining player not named Marshall Faulk in history

to me he's borderline but theres a decent list of guys ahead of Tiki.

Tiki needed one more 1500 year to be a lock in my eyes.

I disagree because this wasn't just any reporter. It was the "leader" of that team last year. Eli needed to respond to make a statement to his teammates. He needed to let them know that the drama queen is gone and it is a new year.

The point is, he is no longer a player and his job is to make headlines.

Eli should know better.

BZ

Tiki at his prime was the most versitile yard-gaining player not named Marshall Faulk in history

to me he's borderline but theres a decent list of guys ahead of Tiki.

Tiki needed one more 1500 year to be a lock in my eyes.

He needed more than one more 1,500 year and I'm sorry but LaDainian Tomlinson was and will continue to be better than Tiki Barber.

If you had to be better than Tomlinson to make the HOF then Curtis Martin wouldn't stand a chance.

I'm not saying that all. You need more than 4 or 5 years of actually having your name known to make the Hall. As I said in a post before, what exactly did he do until 2001/2002? Absolutely nothing at all. The guy had a few great seasons with the rest he did absolutely nothing. He isn't even close to being the best back in Giants history, yet people want to consider 4 solid years Hall of Fame material? Give me a break.

I'm not saying that all. You need more than 4 or 5 years of actually having your name known to make the Hall. As I said in a post before, what exactly did he do until 2001/2002? Absolutely nothing at all. The guy had a few great seasons with the rest he did absolutely nothing. He isn't even close to being the best back in Giants history, yet people want to consider 4 solid years Hall of Fame material? Give me a break.

I'm not a big fan of Tiki to the Hall, but it's not his fault that Fassell made him split carries with "Thunder". I'm sure his numbers would be much better if he weren't treated like Dave Megget for the first half of his career. I'd say after his first three years or so he was putting up serious numbers-though IIRC he was dinged a little a few times and had the fumblign issue. He put up some big receiving numbers almost every season and is top 20 in rushing yards and probably top 10 in yards from scrimmage. Maybe he doesn't deserve to go in, but he deserves to be in the discussion.

So one great year gets you in the Hall? I have no respect for Tiki. Also Dominator, I forgot all about his fumbling problems. He was nothing before Dayne as well.

no but when he was the man for 3 straight years and had a few other 1000 yard years before that, that may make him a borderline hof'er

Archived