Pete Kendall Traded: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the reason I don't trust him 27 dom is the playbook-he is vindictive enough to say "hey I HAVE the Jets playbook,trade for me and it may be worth a win if you do" "oh yea and I want and extra couple million"

Of course he'll do that. If the playbook is worth so damn much they should just play him. FWIW, they will cut tons of guys and they have all seen the playbook. IMO, that problem is overblown the only time it's important is to know what specific plays are being installed for a specific game and if there are any tendencies such as only running one play out a particular formation or always running left when the TE goes in motion. Stuff like that. I don't like how the Jets have handled this, but Mangini and Schottenheimer are smart and thorough enough not to have any of that in the playbook.

I disagree, too. Its ridiculous to renegotiate a four year deal after just one year.

Why? because the Jets said so?

teams renegotiate contracts whenever they want to; it's a one-way street with contracts in the NFL. They ask players to take pay cuts, and redistribute income whenever they want to help them out with the cap.

They are well under the cap and could have handled this differently.

Putting him in the rookie dorm ON THE FIRST DAY of camp set the tone for a dissonant camp, and showed what *******s they can be, and you better believe the other Jets players were taking notes throughout this p1ssing match.

Of course he'll do that. If the playbook is worth so damn much they should just play him. FWIW, they will cut tons of guys and they have all seen the playbook. IMO, that problem is overblown the only time it's important is to know what specific plays are being installed for a specific game and if there are any tendencies such as only running one play out a particular formation or always running left when the TE goes in motion. Stuff like that. I don't like how the Jets have handled this, but Mangini and Schottenheimer are smart and thorough enough not to have any of that in the playbook.

I think so too-and the reason he gets moved now is camp is done and maybe what we're going to implement goes in starting today-withOUT a spy around...hey I could be wrong and all but for some reason I don't trust this guy...we've all had to suffer through working with a-holes, and even though they can be productive it makes them no less than what they really are deep down-dicks-and they're better gone

teams renegotiate contracts whenever they want to; it's a one-way street with contracts in the NFL. They ask players to take pay cuts, and redistribute income whenever they want to help them out with the cap.

Putting him in the rookie dorm ON THE FIRST DAY of camp set the tone for a dissonant camp, and showed what *******s they can be, and you better believe the other Jets players were taking notes throughout this p1ssing match.

and also taking notes as to how guys like Moore and Cotchery got THEIR raises...keep your mouth shut and bust your ass and you'll do well-and it's not just an NFL thing

and also taking notes as to how guys like Moore and Cotchery got THEIR raises...keep your mouth shut and bust your ass and you'll do well-and it's not just an NFL thing

Moore got his raise? SFJ, I don't think I'd be counting him in the "happy" camp. Moore had to have a one practice "hold-out" to show he meant business. To me that was worse than the Kendall thing which could have been seen as an isolated incident.

If the Jets do not have their eye on someone elses roster this move is pure stupid

I'm with you, 4H. Clarke, Jones, and Smith is a JAG list if I ever saw one. Kendall may not be great, but he's a starter in this league. D'Brick leaned heavily on him last year, now this year he's going to be the mentor to another rookie?

The Jets had the money, they should've quietly given some to Kendall months ago. This "precident" thing is a bunch of BS, too. Watch them give Moore more money as soon as Kendall's out the door.

I hope he's out of the conference, and the Jets get a decent pick for him.

Moore got his raise? SFJ, I don't think I'd be counting him in the "happy" camp. Moore had to have a one practice "hold-out" to show he meant business. To me that was worse than the Kendall thing which could have been seen as an isolated incident.

or is it Clement they're re-negotiating with-one of those guys

I'm with you, 4H. Clarke, Jones, and Smith is a JAG list if I ever saw one. Kendall may not be great, but he's a starter in this league. D'Brick leaned heavily on him last year, now this year he's going to be the mentor to another rookie?

The Jets had the money, they should've quietly given some to Kendall months ago. This "precident" thing is a bunch of BS, too. Watch them give Moore more money as soon as Kendall's out the door.

I hope he's out of the conference, and the Jets get a decent pick for him.

I'd hope they can get an extra 4th or 5th-we just swindled a 6th out of Tampa Bay

I dont think the Jets have said anything about it. Had the Jets been interested in renegotiating then we wouldnt be having this discussion. But if an older player agrees to a four year deal then he's gotten some bonus money and some security. To so quickly demand a renegotiation is tacky.

Not all players on every team are "happy"...the Pats have had their share of unhappy players and it didn't affect them during their SB runs.

Unhappy and a malcontent are two different types of players...Kendall is a malcontent. He had to go.

Absolutely. Had the Jets felt that Kendall was worth more then they'd have happily paid him.

Not all players on every team are "happy"...the Pats have had their share of unhappy players and it didn't affect them during their SB runs.

Unhappy and a malcontent are two different types of players...Kendall is a malcontent. He had to go.

In all honesty I don't care if they cut Kendall. The Jets had every opportunity to fix this, pay him a little and keep him. They elected not to AND to keep him on the team. They created the malcontent. That's on them.

I was responding to SFJ saying that Moore and Cotchery got their raises and other players would look to them as a shining example of what the team would do for guys that play hard and fly right. Moore had to stage his little stunt to get them to agree "they would take care of him." Exactly what they told Kendall. Kendall is a big mouth and clubhouse lawyer and has surely lost a step, but he also hung in there in '05 played hurt IIRC, and played C when Mawae went down. If that doesn't warrant more money it at least warrants cutting him loose or trading him for a 7th so he can get on with his life instead of being vindictive *******s about it.

Bottom line is, unless they got their 4th or better, the Jets handled this wrong whether they wanted to pay Pete or not.

I'm glad we're getting rid of him so I don't have to read about poor Petey anymore...

Max said it perfectly here;

Pete -- I tip my cap to you. Wow. What you do in order to make millions of dollars is truly amazing. A broken toe? That is brave. You ran the risk of spraining the toe next to it. Could you imagine having to walk around for weeks with a broken toe and a sprained toe? You would have needed a motor scooter to survive.

Three injections to help with a cranky back? That pretty much defines courage to me. I played in a baseball league a few years ago. The pitcher on our team was in his late 30's. He would get an injection each week just to pitch the following week. His arm was completely useless on Monday after pitching Sunday.

But Pete -- this doesn't compare to what you do. Because we were just playing a game for fun. You were being brave for money. I salute you for that. I had a really bad sore throat last week. I went into the office. My coworkers were all high-fiving me and saying that I was the man. We got our monthly #s in one time because I didn't miss any time. A sick day was in order but I played with the pain. This is nothing in comparison to what you have done, I realize this now.

I really thank you for being fearless.

Pete, seriously man whoever is doing your P.R. these days needs to go. I think the entire premise of your beef has some merit. But how you have gone about handling it has been terrible. Just terrible. You need to get advice from somebody else. The current plan of attack is not working.

I'm glad we're getting rid of him so I don't have to read about poor Petey anymore...

Max said it perfectly here;

Pete -- I tip my cap to you. Wow. What you do in order to make millions of dollars is truly amazing. A broken toe? That is brave. You ran the risk of spraining the toe next to it. Could you imagine having to walk around for weeks with a broken toe and a sprained toe? You would have needed a motor scooter to survive.

Three injections to help with a cranky back? That pretty much defines courage to me. I played in a baseball league a few years ago. The pitcher on our team was in his late 30's. He would get an injection each week just to pitch the following week. His arm was completely useless on Monday after pitching Sunday.

But Pete -- this doesn't compare to what you do. Because we were just playing a game for fun. You were being brave for money. I salute you for that. I had a really bad sore throat last week. I went into the office. My coworkers were all high-fiving me and saying that I was the man. We got our monthly #s in one time because I didn't miss any time. A sick day was in order but I played with the pain. This is nothing in comparison to what you have done, I realize this now.

I really thank you for being fearless.

Pete, seriously man whoever is doing your P.R. these days needs to go. I think the entire premise of your beef has some merit. But how you have gone about handling it has been terrible. Just terrible. You need to get advice from somebody else. The current plan of attack is not working.

That should be a POTYN fuuck a POTWN thats a Post of the year if you ask me.

That should be a POTYN fuuck a POTWN thats a Post of the year if you ask me.

Max WAS nominated for that-it's in Greenbean's thread below DWC

ppsssssstttttt

Nominate it again. Maybe the Academy won't overlook it this time, lol.

I think it really comes down to this (as has been stated in this thread).

The staff does not feel that Kendall is their best option at guard. They are obviously not worried about replacing him. They must feel that his talent level has gone down.

Guys this line last year was terrible. We finished in last with you, we can do it without you. You have two guys who will get better in Mangold and Brick. I am a fan of Moore. So that leaves the other two spots to improve. RT and LG.

Now we all thought Bender would be the next RT but the coaching staff feels differently right now. We will find out when the games count. If this line gets no surge (like last year) then it might have been a mistake. Time will tell either way.

I am happy that they are getting something for him. I am happy that he didn't get to pick his team (and stay in the AFC East). Seeing Kendall dog it during warm ups before the game last week was just sickening.

Get him out of here.

The staff does not feel that Kendall is their best option at guard. They are obviously not worried about replacing him. They must feel that his talent level has gone down.

Guys this line last year was terrible. We finished in last with you, we can do it without you. You have two guys who will get better in Mangold and Brick. I am a fan of Moore. So that leaves the other two spots to improve. RT and LG.

Now we all thought Bender would be the next RT but the coaching staff feels differently right now. We will find out when the games count. If this line gets no surge (like last year) then it might have been a mistake. Time will tell either way.

I am happy that they are getting something for him. I am happy that he didn't get to pick his team (and stay in the AFC East). Seeing Kendall dog it during warm ups before the game last week was just sickening.

Get him out of here.

POTW nom

Get him out of here.

POTW my ass. If knew they could do it without him then why didn't they deal him sooner? Spite is not a rational basis for FO moves. Either pay him, deal him or cut him, but don't hang him out there like a bunch of self-righteous douchebags and act all bothered when he complains.

Get him out of here.

well said! Kendall did ZILCH for us last year! Time for him to go!

POTW my ass. If knew they could do it without him then why didn't they deal him sooner? Spite is not a rational basis for FO moves. Either pay him, deal him or cut him, but don't hang him out there like a bunch of self-righteous douchebags and act all bothered when he complains.

Totally agree. It's interesting that the guys who think the FO effed up here are more than willing to say that kendall has also acted like a d1ck. But the guys who support the FO put it all on kendall and refuse to believe that the mighty tangini might just be as spiteful and vindictive as #66.

It takes two parties to create a feud.

You mean like they did in ARIZONA! The man has a record and his demeanor sucks in the clubhouse. We have a young team. IMO The FO did the right thing! We do have a gag order in effect and Kendall violated it! see ya!

Totally agree. It's interesting that the guys who think the FO effed up here are more than willing to say that kendall has also acted like a d1ck. But the guys who support the FO put it all on kendall and refuse to believe that the mighty tangini might just be as spiteful and vindictive as #66.

It takes two parties to create a feud.

JC, you haven't forgotten Kendall's track record, have you? lol

I love the idea of not letting a player like Kendall get his way... Throwing him in the rookie dorm was the right thing to do... How are you gonna ask for a pay raise when you were part of one of the worst offensive lines in the league? And you were the one player who was getting thrown to the ground more than anyone else on the O-Line last season (Your an OG... You should be thrwoing defenders to the ground to open up running lanes... Not the other way around which seemed to be the case last season with Pete if you ask me.)We even had 2 rookies in Brick and Mangold that out played your greddy ass. Be happy your in the NFL, be happy your family dont have to struggle, be happy you were a Jet and made the playoffs instead of being on a team like the Bucs who are in a hot mess... Throw him in the rookie dorm, make him practice with the 2nd and 3rd strings, make him play center in garbage time preseason games, make him feel stupid for asking for 2 much and not honoring his contract... Some may say he only wanted an extra million or 2... I say if I ever had a Million dollars in the bank... I would be one HAPPY MAN.

Rich Cimini wrote:

Wow. I wonder what the pick is?

Jacob Bender, there is a whole ton of pressure on him. I really hope Mangini isn't letting his pride get the best of him. If they think Kendall's skills have slipped that is fine. Hopefully this move isn't being made for any other reason.

not sure why you're suggesting this is personal. it was widely reported that the Jets were looking to unload kendall months ago prior to the draft for a draft pick. no teams bit then so the Jets have been biding their time until they can get the right value for him rather than just release him. i think it's that simple. i don't think the Jets were trying to teach kendall any lessons or send any messages to other players although i'm sure they did somewhat anyway.

the fact that kedall was relogated to the 2nd team was obviously because they've been planning on trading him all along.

Overall, (outside of the rookie dorm stuff) I think the organization handled the kendall situation with a lot of class and integrity which is more than I can say for kendall.

I think so too-and the reason he gets moved now is camp is done and maybe what we're going to implement goes in starting today-withOUT a spy around...hey I could be wrong and all but for some reason I don't trust this guy...we've all had to suffer through working with a-holes, and even though they can be productive it makes them no less than what they really are deep down-dicks-and they're better gone

Excellent points! I agree with you SFJ!

I love the idea of not letting a player like Kendall get his way... Throwing him in the rookie dorm was the right thing to do... How are you gonna ask for a pay raise when you were part of one of the worst offensive lines in the league? And you were the one player who was getting thrown to the ground more than anyone else on the O-Line last season (Your an OG... You should be thrwoing defenders to the ground to open up running lanes... Not the other way around which seemed to be the case last season with Pete if you ask me.)We even had 2 rookies in Brick and Mangold that out played your greddy ass. Be happy your in the NFL, be happy your family dont have to struggle, be happy you were a Jet and made the playoffs instead of being on a team like the Bucs who are in a hot mess... Throw him in the rookie dorm, make him practice with the 2nd and 3rd strings, make him play center in garbage time preseason games, make him feel stupid for asking for 2 much and not honoring his contract... Some may say he only wanted an extra million or 2... I say if I ever had a Million dollars in the bank... I would be one HAPPY MAN.

WOW! You nailed it! Great job! GO JETS!

Archived