Don't drink the Kool Aid

BigOrangeJetFan

Why the optimism?

Pats are getting better-Samuel is signing.

Pennington is awful.

We trade for a franchise back who misses all of TC with an injury-maybe an achilles injury.

Our line is much weaker with the trade of Kendall. Let's see Penny going a full 16 games healthy with Bender protecting him.

D Line has no suitable nose tackle.

Vilma is lost.

Schedule is tougher.

6-10 this year.

Don't get me wrong! I've been a Jet fan since the Titan days. This has all the earmarks of being a lousy year.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Why the optimism?

Pennington is awful.

We trade for a franchise back who misses all of TC with an injury-maybe an achilles injury.

Our line is much weaker with the trade of Kendall. Let's see Penny going a full 16 games healthy with Bender protecting him.

Vilma is lost.

Schedule is tougher.

6-10 this year.

Don't get me wrong! I've been a Jet fan since the Titan days. This has all the earmarks of being a lousy year.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Big deal. No one has been a Jet fan longer than me.

You could have listed 3 times as many problems last year at this time and they

still won 10 games and got into the playoffs.

If you think they will have a bad year, good for you.

Why the optimism?

Pats are getting better-Samuel is signing.We play 10 other teams..And how does re-signing an existing player make you better?

Pennington is awful.see 2006

We trade for a franchise back who misses all of TC with an injury-maybe an achilles injury.Speculation..BTW, our franchise back last year never played

Our line is much weaker with the trade of Kendall. Let's see Penny going a full 16 games healthy with Bender protecting him.We had 2 rookies on the line last year..How'd that work out?

D Line has no suitable nose tackle.Well, you can only play 1 NT at a time..

Vilma is lost.Based on???

Schedule is tougher.Everyone is 0-0. Last year the schedule looked tough, too. Remeber we played in the same division as the Pats and eventual SB champs Miami

6-10 this year.see 2006

I'll drink as much kool-aid as I damn well please. There were a lot of negatives going into last year, such as 2 rookies starting on the OL, a huge question mark at QB (and not because of how Chad played in PRESEASON games), and having no true no.1 RB?

And we turned out alright. It's amazing how much a difference good coaching makes.

Having lived through undefeated preseason with Coslet/Nagle, or Edwards having everyone blab that the Super Bowl was just around the corner in 2005, talk to me after 2 or 3 games, NOT NOW. I'm not getting excised over a bad exhibtion game. if you do you're being a silly goose.

I trust this CS. And if Mangini decides Clemens is the better choice, he will make that move.

Why the optimism?

Pennington is awful.

Vilma is lost.

Schedule is tougher.

6-10 this year.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Why the optimism? Are you kidding?

We are Jets fans. FANS.

Not everyone here is named Troll :lol:

I'll drink as much kool-aid as I damn well please. There were a lot of negatives going into last year, such as 2 rookies starting on the OL, a huge question mark at QB (and not because of how Chad played in PRESEASON games), and having no true no.1 RB?

And we turned out alright. It's amazing how much a difference good coaching makes.

:rl:

damn right. gets annoying enough for the pat trolls, let alone the jet trolls.

(i'd have given you rep, but i gotta spread the love)

I'm so tired of hearing that CHAD is awful. One preseason game I guess determines how bad Chad's season is going to turn out... please, I never say much to defend him and I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut. Chad got this team to the playoffs last season, they went 10-6. No one thought they would EVER do that. This season, this team has more going for them then ever under Mangini. Chad IS the QB who BEAT the Patriots last season. Chad is a SMART quarterback, it's hard to find, Peyton Manning might be the only other QB that is as smart is he is. The knowlegde he has of football is unheard of. 2 interceptions in a preseason game isn't going to spell out how Chad is going to play the season out. Chad is a fighter. He always has been, he fought an injury that most people didn't think he would come back from, and had a winning record for the season. I think he will match the 10-6 from last year, if not better it. That isn't just being optimisting, it's trusting Mangini and yes TRUSTING Chad, instead of tearing him apart. He doesn't need a lazer rocket arm to win games, he has a brain that did a good job as far as I'm concerned last season, as well as past seasons. He's gotten us to post season. There is a reason why coach Mangini named him the starter.

Why the optimism?

Pats are getting better-Samuel is signing.We play 10 other teams..And how does re-signing an existing player make you better?

Pennington is awful.see 2006

We trade for a franchise back who misses all of TC with an injury-maybe an achilles injury.Speculation..BTW, our franchise back last year never played

Our line is much weaker with the trade of Kendall. Let's see Penny going a full 16 games healthy with Bender protecting him.We had 2 rookies on the line last year..How'd that work out?

D Line has no suitable nose tackle.Well, you can only play 1 NT at a time..

Vilma is lost.Based on???

Schedule is tougher.Everyone is 0-0. Last year the schedule looked tough, too. Remeber we played in the same division as the Pats and eventual SB champs Miami

6-10 this year.see 2006

you should be a lawyer lol

Every single unit of the Jets should be improved this year over last. We have the best young head coach in the NFL. Not quite sure how that equates to 6 - 10.

Not many teams can claim they are returning all defensive starters (or if not returning, we upgraded that area, kimo, barrett, possibly ILB). Our offense has the same claim, except we dropped an aging, undersized guard.

The first two games will be rough, if we come out of it 0-2, i still have confidence we will make the playoffs.

The 1st NFL game I ever watched was the Ice Bowl Game-Green Bay vs Dallas almost 41 years ago now, That game sold me on pro football forever. The longer I watch this game the more convinced I become as to how small the difference is between a team that goes 6-10 and 11-5 is. It comes down to a few factors every year;

Who doesn't get killed by injuries in the most key areas

who makes those 2 FGs to win those 2 games

who gets a lucky bounce or tipped ball that wins a game

and who gets those 5 calls in their favor from the refs

The Jets are already in that group between 6-10 wins which means if we get some of these breaks a SB is within reach THIS YEAR

The 1st NFL game I ever watched was the Ice Bowl Game-Green Bay vs Dallas almost 41 years ago now, That game sold me on pro football forever. The longer I watch this game the more convinced I become as to how small the difference is between a team that goes 6-10 and 11-5 is. It comes down to a few factors every year;

Who doesn't get killed by injuries in the most key areas

who makes those 2 FGs to win those 2 games

who gets a lucky bounce or tipped ball that wins a game

and who gets those 5 calls in their favor from the refs

The Jets are already in that group between 6-10 wins which means if we get some of these breaks a SB is within reach THIS YEAR

I like your style SoFla!

Arizona here we come!

Archived