Wadsworth

Maxman

I know he was playing against the Jints' 2nd teamers. But he was making things happen. There's still talent there. WHy not take a chance? If it's a choice between him and Schlegel, I hope he gets the slot over the slow Boar hunter.

Not shocking, but here are five guys who are in a similar position as he is in.

-Kassell

-Costanzo

-Schlegal

-Haynes

-Ventrone

Is Ventrone eligible for the practice squad -that is where I see him at this point.

Is Ventorne eligible for the practice squad -that is where I see him at this point.

I'm not sure faba, because his history with NE and NFLE is fuzzy. He is listed as having two years in the league, which puts him close to not being eligible.

what we need is a depth chart Max-maybe the guys at Jetscentral have one we can peruse...because having guys on the list at positions that Andre ain't plaing makes it a moot point doesn't it?

I mean we're only keeping so many LB/DE hybrids anyway... doesn't matter if a Ray Ventrone is on a list-he's a safety

I know I've the resident Schlegel supporter here (throw rotten tomatoes now), but I really dont see that much separation between he and Kassell for the last ILB spot (yes I think the Jets will keep 4).

The Jets have made it clear this preseason that the three who will be seeing the field at ILB are Harris, Barton and Vilma (I think Kassell is technically the one who lost his job to Harris). So, whoever the fourth guy is probably wont see much time on D. That means (to me) that the Jets will be free to keep whichever they want regardless of where they are on the depth chart. Factors like ST play (Kassell has more experience), potential upside (they saw something they liked in Schlegel when they drafted him) and "Mangini - guyness" (tie) will determine who stays. Kassell is in the last year of his contract and really hasnt seen any more playing time than Schlegel, so how they each play on Thursday night may tip the scale in their favor.

what we need is a depth chart Max-maybe the guys at Jetscentral have one we can peruse...because having guys on the list at positions that Andre ain't plaing makes it a moot point doesn't it?

I mean we're only keeping so many LB/DE hybrids anyway... doesn't matter if a Ray Ventrone is on a list-he's a safety

He asked for five guys, and there arent five LBs who are in the same position as Wadsy. Three of them are LBs.

Ventrone and haynes are in similar positions because they are second/third teamers on the defense, and the difference in making the team may come down to their ST play.

LBs

Vilma

Thomas

Barton

Hobson

Harris

Spencer

Kassell

Costanzo

Shmegal

Wadsworth

Trusnik

He asked for five guys, and there arent five LBs who are in the same position as Wadsy. Three of them are LBs.

Ventrone and haynes are in similar positions because they are second/third teamers on the defense, and the difference in making the team may come down to their ST play.

LBs

Vilma

Thomas

Barton

Hobson

Harris

Spencer

Kassell

Costanzo

Shmegal

Wadsworth

Trusnik

now wasn't Kassell in the same spot that Dwight was in JC...that going into camp PUP thing? How many LBers do we think they'll keep? I never even heard of Trusnik...

now wasn't Kassell in the same spot that Dwight was in JC...that going into camp PUP thing? How many LBers do we think they'll keep? I never even heard of Trusnik...

That was Chatham.

Kassell has been on the field with STs and 2d and 3rd team.

How many LBs we keep depends on how many DEs and DBs they keep. That is why haynes and Ventrone are relevant to this discussion.

That was Chatham.

Kassell has been on the field with STs and 2d and 3rd team.

How many LBs we keep depends on how many DEs and DBs they keep. That is why haynes and Ventrone are relevant to this discussion.

I tend to agree with 5180 above when he says cut Kimo and give Andre a shot-Kimo hasn't done ANYTHING worth remembering since we got him...

I tend to agree with 5180 above when he says cut Kimo and give Andre a shot-Kimo hasn't done ANYTHING worth remembering since we got him...

I think Kimo is a gonner anyway. Thats why he doesnt even enter into this list.

LBs

Vilma

Thomas

Barton

Hobson

Harris

Spencer

Kassell

Costanzo

Shmegal

Wadsworth

Trusnik

I didn't realize Shmegal was on the Jets

lord_of_the_rings2.jpg

Thats what I thought too... they already paid him a lot of money to play this season...

Yeah, i still cant believe he's going to be there until I see it. What a wasted spot, especially if they get rid of a younger DE with a better motor to keep that piece of roadkill.

Yeah, i still cant believe he's going to be there until I see it. What a wasted spot, especially if they get rid of a younger DE with a better motor to keep that piece of roadkill.

the thing is we already know what Kimo can and can't do....PRODUCE...at least with AW there's a cance for a big play now and then-like Bobby Hamilton-I swear I haven't even seen KVO make one big play in 2 years

Archived