Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

How many championships have the Pats won since adding the mythical legend that is Wes Welker? :

About as many as the great Randy Moss has in his entire career. :Nuts:

Great argument. :rolleyes:

What we know is that the Patriots won three championships with a base offense based around a short passing game and good running game. Their collection of receivers would not overwhelm anyone.

Since Moss' arrival, his talents allow the Patriots to stretch the field, but again, the Patriots base offense is based on what? Short passes.

Again which receivers' talents better fit the core Patriots' offense of the last decade? Which receiver did they go and get first after $hitting the bed in the 2006 playoffs when their receivers were a collection of JAGs?

Moss is the more dynamic player, but as the Patriots offense of the last decade has shown, it does not need guys to stretch the field to win championships.

We are talking about Welker and specifically about his and Moss' value to the Patriots. I would assume that Pats fans watch more Pats games than, lets say you and your goofy friend Klecko. Therefore, I would assume Pats fans understand how the Pats offense works more than - um....you, for example.

However, I think you may be on to something. I am a Pats fan. I know more than You and Klecko and a whole lot of other posters. Yup, I am smahtah. I am coolah, I am wicked awesome. Pats fans rule. :D

That goes without saying.

What we know is that the Patriots won three championships with a base offense based around a short passing game and good running game. Their collection of receivers would not overwhelm anyone.

Since Moss' arrival, his talents allow the Patriots to stretch the field, but again, the Patriots base offense is based on what? Short passes.

Again which receivers' talents better fit the core Patriots' offense of the last decade? Which receiver did they go and get first after $hitting the bed in the 2006 playoffs when their receivers were a collection of JAGs?

Moss is the more dynamic player, but as the Patriots offense of the last decade has shown, it does not need guys to stretch the field to win championships.

You've never heard the term "cognitive dissonance" have you?

That's the point! Welker is a good player in a better system. Its a plug in position.

Moss would be good anywhere.(when he wants to be)

LOL

First you're in denial that Randy Moss is better than Welker and is the key to your offense.

Now you're in denial that Revis didnt shut down Moss.

Pathetic and delusional.

Look Surfer Boy, Moss is going in the HOF and Welker is not. Nobody is arguing otherwise.

WELKER is more valuable in the NE offense than Moss. Moss is a luxury WR to have but not a necessity. A Troy Brown/Welker slot WR is must have player in the NE offense.

Lastly, Revis did not shut down Moss without deep help down field. Moss stated that fact in print and neither Rosie Ryan or any "Never at a loss for words" Jet players called Moss out as a liar.

Look Surfer Boy, Moss is going in the HOF and Welker is not. Nobody is arguing otherwise.

WELKER is more valuable in the NE offense than Moss. Moss is a luxury WR to have but not a necessity. A Troy Brown/Welker slot WR is must have player in the NE offense.

Lastly, Revis did not shut down Moss without deep help down field. Moss stated that fact in print and neither Rosie Ryan or any "Never at a loss for words" Jet players called Moss out as a liar.

Welker isnt more valuable. The position is. Welker can be replaced much easier than Moss can.

Welker isnt more valuable. The position is. Welker can be replaced much easier than Moss can.

Incorrect.

Tom Brady threw 37 times today. 20 of them to Welker. He caught 19 of them. Should have been 20 for 20. No way any slot jag goes 19 for 20. No way.

Incorrect.

Tom Brady threw 37 times today. 20 of them to Welker. He caught 19 of them. Should have been 20 for 20. No way any slot jag goes 19 for 20. No way.

I am nominating this for post of the week since it is SO factually inaccurate and embarrassing for Garb.

LOL 19 catches, that's awesome.

Surfer boy hurts. Please play nice.

Welker is not a jag, he's a good receiver that plays a position 50 other players in the league can play proven by all the jags that have played his position before him in that system.

Moss is god and he won that game for you yesterday.

You fail again.

Incorrect.

I've seen all the delusional love for Welker one man can see. First PR37 claims Welker opened up a TD for Moss during the preseaon when Welker was inactive. And now the Princess of Football decided to give Welker 10 more catches than he actually had in trying to defend the case against Welker being more than a good receiver that benefits from playing with Moss in that system.

Welker is not a jag, he's a good receiver that plays a position 50 other players in the league can play proven by all the jags that have played his position before him in that system.

You fail again.

I've seen all the delusional love for Welker one man can see. First PR37 claims Welker opened up a TD for Moss during the preseaon when Welker was inactive. And now the Princess of Football decided to give Welker 10 more catches than he actually had in trying to defend the case against Welker being more than a good receiver that benefits from playing with Moss in that system.

edelman would have gotten 80-100 wrs if welker was not there

yet welker is HOF too funny

pat fans believe what they read and are such experts...they should take

over job from Billy when he retires

edelman would have gotten 80-100 wrs if welker was not there

yet welker is HOF too funny

pat fans believe what they read and are such experts...they should take

over job from Billy when he retires

I think Garb should be the Pats next HC and PR37 should be their OC and PFSIKH the DC.

They would never lose a another game.... in their minds.

I think Garb should be the Pats next HC and PR37 should be their OC and PFSIKH the DC.

They would never lose a another game.... in their minds.

Here's the best part. Last week, Garb told me this...

I would assume that Pats fans watch more Pats games than, lets say you and your goofy friend Klecko. Therefore, I would assume Pats fans understand how the Pats offense works more than - um....you, for example.

So if I took Garb's word for what she watches every week...Wes Welker would currently have 200 receptions.

The all knowing Pats fan had to look at the box score to figure out that Welker didnt catch 19 balls yesterday. :jawdrop: Isnt that a pretty gaudy stat that you wouldnt have to clarify in the box scores?

Here's the best part. Last week, Garb told me this...

So if I took Garb's word for what she watches every week...Wes Welker would currently have 200 receptions.

The all knowing Pats fan had to look at the box score to figure out that Welker didnt catch 19 balls yesterday. :jawdrop: Isnt that a pretty gaudy stat that you wouldnt have to clarify in the box scores?

Well, seeing as the most receptions in a game ever is 20 by a future Hall of Famer named Terrell Owens, you would think that a little white guy catching 18 passes in a win over a divisional rival would be pretty big news and ESPN, the All-Boston All-the-Time Sports Network, would be running those highlights on a loop.

Edited by Klecko73isGod

You fail again.

Welker moves the chains. Welker gets those first downs. Does he benefit from Moss? Sure - and vice versa. Although, and yesterday was an exception, Moss would benefit more from a legit downfield threat on the other side. Not sure Aiken or Tate (yet) are it. Anyway, the hallmark of the Pats offense is the short pass. I call it an extension of the run game.

Btw - yes, I screwed up that the stat line on Welker. Typing and listening to Trent Dilfer on ESPN at the same time resulted in an epic fail. Good thing I wasn't chewing gum too ;) Anyway, mea culpa. I'll admit a big mistake.

How many other teams run the NE offense? Who are the other players that have put up Welkers type numbers around the league?

There are not even 10 other guys that can do what Welker does.

You fail again.

You Fail. Without Welker moving the chains there arent any long shots down field. Welker gets open quick when teams try to blitz.

And, you thought the "Spread Offense" meant spreading the field lengthwise.

How many other teams run the NE offense? Who are the other players that have put up Welkers type numbers around the league?

You Fail. Without Welker moving the chains there arent any long shots down field. Welker gets open quick when teams try to blitz.

No way Randy makes the one handed catch with Welker moving the chains. Good point.

:facepalm:

without much thought

Desean Jackson

Macklin

Hester

D Best

Sproles

Harvin

S Holmes

E Royal

S Smith Both of them

Welker gets open and stays open because most teams double and triple Randy Moss because he is by far the most dangerous player on the Pats offense.

The goal in playing the Pats is to make Welker beat you. That right there should tell you who is more important to the Pats offense.

So in other words: teams would rather Welker catch 10 passes for 85 yards and possibly a TD than have Moss catch 7 passes for 168 yards and 3 TDs.

This doesn't require huge brain power to understand. Why this is so difficult for Pats fans like you, Garb, PFSIKH and 124 to grasp is beyond me.

Welker is a nice player. He is not anything special and he is nowhere near as important to the Pats as Moss.

If Welker got hurt, Moss' production wouldn't slip all that much. If Moss got hurt, Welker is ****ed.