Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

The Patriots can win with a bunch of Wes Welker's, they've proven that before. Has everyone forgotten the Wide Receiving Core of THE CHAMPION 2001, 2003 and 2004 New England teams?

They don't need Randy Moss to succeed. They need Randy Moss to have one of the top 3 offenses in the NFL, yes, but they don't need him to have a very good, 6-10 ranking offense, and they don't need him to win Championships.

They have the same number of championships with Welker as they do with Moss.

The Pats are a different team. They are no longer the defensive beasts they once were. They are a finese team now and win by outscoring the other team and being able to scheme just enough to stop the oppossing offense.

If the Pats didnt choke in the SB and they went 19-0, we wouldnt even be having his agrument. Keep in mind, the Pats have lost 3 games in the Moss/Brady era. So in essence you are judging this off one season, their first, which they lost 1 game.

Also, saying the Pats can win with a bunch of Welker's once again, proves my point. You can take a ton of players and get Welker like production. The only difference between him and their past WR's is they didnt play with Randy Moss, so they werent as available as Welker is these days.

And the discussion of their winning is not even the conversation. The conversation is about who is more valuable to their team, and its clearly Randy Moss. To say its Welker is just ridiculous.

:rl: :rl: :rl:

i would take Cotchery over Welker any day of the week, JC led NFL last year

with just 1 drop

Welker will not last much longer, one more Killer hit and he will be done. I realize

he is a flopper, Moss taught him well, eventually he will get nailed

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!! You are so pathetic. Come brother, you're game is weak and you're love for Welker is weird.

First off, the Spread Offense thingy you are pointing out is silly. I know what the spread offense is dooshy, my college team runs it, that conversation was you assuming I didnt because I got my words mixed up. A little bit different then claiming a player did something on the field when he wasnt even playing. :bag:

Youre hilarious.

Do you even realize that NE doesn't run the exact same Spread Offense as Florida? No you dont.

The NE Spread supplements the run game and some years it was the run game. NE ranked 28th in rushing in 2003.

And to your moronic point about Wes moving the chains. Who has more first downs on the year? Moss or the motivation for your masturbation?

Moss has more 1st downs - 35

Welker has 33 but has missed 2 whole games. Nice work Moron. Talk about weak game.

Did Welker make it possible for Randy to make one hand catch down the side line that put you in position for you first points? Did Welker make it possible for Randy to seal the game with a break away catch over the middle of the field? Without Randy, you loss Sunday.

Brady didnt throw those TD's from NE's own 20 yard line. NE advanced the ball down the field with Welker picking up 1st downs. Moss was in Single coverage too. Not circle jerk Revis coverage with a Saftey backing him up.

Here's the end of story my man....if your team doesnt have Moss but has Welker, your offense is average at best and teams would shut you down constantly. Moss changes everything. Its simple. And I dont understand why thats not o.k. Why do you have to make Welker more than what he is? Please answer that.

First off, I aint your Man. Thats Klecko.

If you cannot figure out that Welker is the go to guy then thats your problem. Moss is a luxury WR but not a necessity.

You dont need Randy Moss.

Youre hilarious.

Do you even realize that NE doesn't run the exact same Spread Offense as Florida? No you dont.

The NE Spread supplements the run game and some years it was the run game. NE ranked 28th in rushing in 2003.

Welker has 33 but has missed 2 whole games. Nice work Moron. Talk about weak game.

Brady didnt throw those TD's from NE's own 20 yard line. NE advanced the ball down the field with Welker picking up 1st downs. Moss was in Single coverage too. Not circle jerk Revis coverage with a Saftey backing him up.

If you cannot figure out that Welker is the go to guy then thats your problem. Moss is a luxury WR but not a necessity.

Am I the only one here who reads every PR37 post like this:

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - I WANT TO SUCK WES WELKER'S NUTS - BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - UNRELATED POINT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I AM SAYING SOMETHING OF VALUE - BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - JIF SAID SOMETHING INCORRECT ABOUT THE SPREAD OFFENSE - BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - DID I MENTION THAT I WANT TO SUCK WES WELKER OFF? - BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - KLECKO SAID THE JETS ARE GOING TO GO 8-0 TO FINISH THE SEASON EVEN THOUGH HE REALLY DIDN'T - BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - 124 IS THE ONLY 'JETS' FAN WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT TEH FOOTBALL BLAH, BLAH, BLAH - NO KIDDING, I REALLY WANT TO ORALLY PLEASURE WES WELKER - BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Youre hilarious.

I love the tough guy routine. Its so scary and I get super nervous that you might find me and beat me up.

You Pats fans are so smart. I had no clue you guys didnt run the same exact spread as the Gators considering we are run first team. Thanks for filling me in...never would've guessed.

Moss is a luxury and so are his 28 TD's he's scored while playing with Tom Brady. In comparison to Welker's 12. Last time I checked TD's put point on the board, not first downs.

Oh yeah and about those first downs that help the team get down the field into scoring position; since I'm a moron and cant figure out that Welker has missed 2 games and thats why Moss has more this season...lets take it back to their first season together in 07 when Brady was healthy. Who had more first downs, Welker or Moss? Ironically, it was Randy Moss, crazy, I know. So in short using our only full season as a body of work with Brady, Moss had 15 more TD's, 9 more 1st downs and 14 less catches. Who's production is more valuable to the team?

Your theory is doodoo and I've proved it wrong in every fashion. But you just keep sucking off Welker and making him out to be more than he is and I will keep pwning you in the process. Thanks for playing, my man!

I love the tough guy routine. Its so scary and I get super nervous that you might find me and beat me up.

You Pats fans are so smart. I had no clue you guys didnt run the same exact spread as the Gators considering we are run first team. Thanks for filling me in...never would've guessed.

Moss is a luxury and so are his 28 TD's he's scored while playing with Tom Brady. In comparison to Welker's 12. Last time I checked TD's put point on the board, not first downs.

Oh yeah and about those first downs that help the team get down the field into scoring position; since I'm a moron and cant figure out that Welker has missed 2 games and thats why Moss has more this season...lets take it back to their first season together in 07 when Brady was healthy. Who had more first downs, Welker or Moss? Ironically, it was Randy Moss, crazy, I know. So in short using our only full season as a body of work with Brady, Moss had 15 more TD's, 9 more 1st downs and 14 less catches. Who's production is more valuable to the team?

Your theory is doodoo and I've proved it wrong in every fashion. But you just keep sucking off Welker and making him out to be more than he is and I will keep pwning you in the process. Thanks for playing, my man!

Nommed for total ownage.

Talk about the ultimate in cherry picking. :rolleyes: How many of those first downs were after Wes picked up 8 yards on 1st downwhen the Patriots are impossible to defend?

The numbers do not lie. Since 2007, regardless of QB, Welker gets the team down the field.

Own 1-20: Welker 27-23

Own 21-50: Welker 114-85

Opp 49-21: Welker 104-75

Opp 20-Ez: Push 33-33

Inside 10: Moss 15-8

Just for the record, Wes leads in total first downs 157 to 155. He has two rushing forst downs as well.

Again, Wes get the teams down the field, Randy and his physicality dominates in the redzone.

Talk about the ultimate in cherry picking. :rolleyes: How many of those first downs were after Wes picked up 8 yards on 1st downwhen the Patriots are impossible to defend?

The numbers do not lie. Since 2007, regardless of QB, Welker gets the team down the field.

Just for the record, Wes leads in total first downs 157 to 155. He has two rushing forst downs as well.

Again, Wes get the teams down the field, Randy and his physicality dominates in the redzone.

we get it, pat fans know everything, you and garb could write a book for us

so we can become smarter fans

Youre hilarious.

Without Moss, Welker is JAG. Moss, or a receiver like him, loosens up the safeties and allows Welker to work underneath. Welker without that kind of big threat to go deep has to play in a much more populated area than he does now.

Talk about the ultimate in cherry picking. :rolleyes: How many of those first downs were after Wes picked up 8 yards on 1st down when the Patriots are impossible to defend?

What does this prove? This is going to be the case for any possession receiver. And when its all said and done, Welker has 2 more first downs then Moss, yipee!!!

And bringing in the Cassell years is pointless IMO. Thats not the Patriots that people fear and he's obviously going to favor his check down short yard throws to Welker because he's inexperienced and trying not to force the issue. Put Brady in the mix who's experienced and can make those throws to Moss and its clear who's more valualbe and its not your precious Welker.

If Moss isnt on your team, who scores TD's? Again, TD's put points on the board and you dont win in the NFL kicking FG's.

Edited by JiF

What does this prove? This is going to be the case for any possession receiver. And when its all said and done, Welker has 2 more first downs then Moss, yipee!!!

And bringing in the Cassell years is pointless IMO. Thats not the Patriots that people fear and he's obviously going to favor his check down short yard throws to Welker because he's inexperienced and trying not to force the issue. Put Brady in the mix who's experienced and make those throws to Moss and its clear who's more valualbe and its not your precious Welker.

If Moss isnt on your team, who scores TD's? Again, TD's put points on the board and you dont win in the NFL kicking FG's.

JiF, don't you see? The raw numbers, taken out of context favor Welker.

Without Moss, Welker is JAG. Moss, or a receiver like him, loosens up the safeties and allows Welker to work underneath. Welker without that kind of big threat to go deep has to play in a much more populated area than he does now.

No no no no. Without Welker, Moss is a jag. lol.

JiF, don't you see? The raw numbers, taken out of context favor Welker.

No ****, right. Its amazes me that Patsies cant be satisfied with Randy being more valuable. I really dont get it.

What are they trying to prove. The proof is in the pudding.

TD >>>> first downs and Randy gets plenty of first too.

Dear PFSIKH:

You are obvioulsy a delusional Pats fan who thinks he invented football. This is silly, especially since it's obvious that you have not played football. Otherwise you would understand the nuances of the game and why Welker is just another guy. You would be well-served by listening to the new three wisemen of Jetnation:

Spicoli3.jpgmr-t.jpg IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__BtpJmJT5NE/SmZd9qzJLqI/AAAAAAAAFZY/5suOncTp5mY/s400/Popeye.jpgPopeye.jpg

Sincerely,

Garb's High Horse.

Edited by Garb

Dear PFSIKH:

You are obvioulsy a delusional Pats fan who thinks he invented football. This is silly, especially since it's obvious that you have not played football. Otherwise you would understand the nuances of the game and why Welker is just another guy. You would be well-served by listening to the new three wisemen of Jetnation:

Spicoli3.jpgmr-t.jpg IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__BtpJmJT5NE/SmZd9qzJLqI/AAAAAAAAFZY/5suOncTp5mY/s400/Popeye.jpgPopeye.jpg

Sincerely,

Garb's High Horse.

Who's Popeye?

#1 i can't even swim and #2 my arms are much bigger and #3 prefer a bong over

a pipe

i anxiously await your book, i hope it is better than Herm Edward's bio

This shocks me. Never figured you would be a blazer. Nope.

I already wrote a book. Football for Dummies. Check it out.

Edited by Garb

What is the exact argument here? Wes Welker is a fast sure handed slot guy who benefits greatly from playing opposite moss. Moss makes welker BETTER. Welker is GOOD and playing with Moss makes him BETTER. This is evidenced by Eddieman putting up decent numbers when he stepped in for Welker.

Dear PFSIKH:

Sincerely,

Garb's High Horse.

Awesome. You are just more and more pathetic with every post. I like watching you make a fool of yourself. Makes me chuckle. I have some descriptive words for you, but I'm not going to stoop to your level. I apologized for making the no Football experience comment, but you are clearly to cool to accept.

Garb is the greatest thing that has ever happened to this world. Take it in folks, we are truly blessed by her pressence. She is the most knowledgable Football mind this world has ever known.

What did you tell BB to prepare for this week? I know he calls you for advice.

What is the exact argument here? Wes Welker is a fast sure handed slot guy who benefits greatly from playing opposite moss. Moss makes welker BETTER. Welker is GOOD and playing with Moss makes him BETTER. This is evidenced by Eddieman putting up decent numbers when he stepped in for Welker.

Yep. But our resident Patsies fans that are experts due to association, will tell you different.

Awesome. You are just more and more pathetic with every post. I like watching you make a fool of yourself. Makes me chuckle. I have some descriptive words for you, but I'm not going to stoop to your level. I apologized for making the no Football experience comment, but you are clearly to cool to accept.

Garb is the greatest thing that has ever happened to this world. Take it in folks, we are truly blessed by her pressence. She is the most knowledgable Football mind this world has ever known.

What did you tell BB to prepare for this week? I know he calls you for advice.

Yep. But our resident Patsies fans that are experts due to association, will tell you different.

I find it amusing that I have Jiffy's panties all in a bunch because surely he is the "most smartest" of all. I especially enjoy the way you tell everyone that does not agree with your astute observations that they are wrong.....and if that fails, try to undermine them in other ways. Way cool, surfer dude. :hipp:

I find it amusing that I have Jiffy's panties all in a bunch because surely he is the "most smartest" of all. I especially enjoy the way you tell everyone that does not agree with your astute observations that they are wrong.....and if that fails, try to undermine them in other ways. Way cool, surfer dude. :hipp:

Are you kidding me with this nonsense? Dont try to flip the switch.

To even suggest that I'm anything you've said above is ridiculous. I'm not nearly intelligent enough to try and undermine anyone, but I appreciate the compliment. And I dont have half the Football knowledge as some on this board, thats why I post here...to read up on Jets news, debate opinions and learn about the game.

Sorry sweetheart, I'm not the arrogant horses' ass posting on a rival teams message board. Thats your pathetic existence.

Are you kidding me with this nonsense? Dont try to flip the switch.

To even suggest that I'm anything you've said above is ridiculous. I'm not nearly intelligent enough to try and undermine anyone, but I appreciate the compliment. And I dont have half the Football knowledge as some on this board, thats why I post here...to read up on Jets news, debate opinions and learn about the game.

Sorry sweetheart, I'm not the arrogant horses' ass posting on a rival teams message board. Thats your pathetic existence.

I can vouch for that