Jets\Pats -- Belly Cheated: MERGED

Jet Moses

Get off your high horse. Every team in the NFL does it. The Pats just got caught. It doesn't make a difference as far as that game is concerned anyhow, the Pats were clearly the better team.

Everyone does it, the Pats will take the fall. Not a big deal. Give us our punishment and lets move on. Some of you guys are getting alittle redonkulous.

Its kinda cute actually

You are living in dream land if you think everyone does it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way the Jets are getting a forefit win or any of the Pats picks.

Forget it, Not happening

I do think though the Pats are probably going to lose one of their first round picks. It wouldn't suprise me if they took the second as well (Since the Pats have two picks in the first round anyway), suspended Belicheat for two games and fine the Pats a hefty amount.

What BB did was over the line. There has been sign stealing going on forever. Just BB went over the edge with the filming of it.

It still amazes me that Belicheat was that friggin stupid. Doing against a team that he has basically owned since 2001 just doesn't make any sense accept for the fact that he really hates Mangini for leaving and taking the Jets job.

Who knows. Maybe there was some stuff going on in those Super Bowls. Or maybe those two playoff wins against the Colts when everyone thought the Colts would win.

What I do know is that anything the Patseriks have done the past 6 years is basically been reduced to rubble.

my.02

i dont see a forfeit in the works, though I'd love to be wrong.

i'd like to see them docked of both first round picks, and fined a humonmgous amount of money.

if goodell is satisfied that belidick was in on it, he should be suspended for 8 games.

Any repeat offense should result in him being banned from football.

My guess is a 3rd rounder, two second day picks, and a heavy fine.

In my opinion, it SHOULD be the loss of at least 1 first rounder, a 3rd rounder, and 2 second day picks, a $5 million dollar hit to the Patsies salary cap this offseason, and that Asante Samuel roster exception the league is giving the Patsies be revoked...

THis just got crazier according to Profootballtalk.com

"The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

The signal stealing flap is relevant only to defensive signals, since all offensive calls are made by radio.

But we're now aware of suspicions/rumors regarding efforts by the Pats to get a leg up as to opposing offenses. Specifically, we're told that it's believed that, during the 2006 season, the Patriots were putting microphones on defensive linemen in order to capture the offensive line calls and the quarterback audibles.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime."

I'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it. I don't care if they only recorded for 5 seconds, THEY CHEATED, and that should be the end of it. If they didn't want the punishment, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE CHEATED AT ALL. it doesn't matter how far it went, the fact is, it went.

its one thing to be a fan of cheaters, there is nothing you can do, but it is totally different to defend it.

I didn't defend anything. If you read my posts from yesterday you would see that I reserved my opinion because I didn't know any facts, only speculation and outlandish statements by some poster here.

hmmm, from profootballtalk.com

POSTED 8:34 p.m. EDT, September 11, 2007

WERE PATS WIRING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS, TOO?

The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

The signal stealing flap is relevant only to defensive signals, since all offensive calls are made by radio.

But we're now aware of suspicions/rumors regarding efforts by the Pats to get a leg up as to opposing offenses. Specifically, we're told that it's believed that, during the 2006 season, the Patriots were putting microphones on defensive linemen in order to capture the offensive line calls and the quarterback audibles.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime.

Get off your high horse. Every team in the NFL does it. The Pats just got caught. It doesn't make a difference as far as that game is concerned anyhow, the Pats were clearly the better team.

Everyone does it, the Pats will take the fall. Not a big deal. Give us our punishment and lets move on. Some of you guys are getting alittle redonkulous.

Its kinda cute actually

Whaler, Stop being a troll and stirring the pot when you have no credibility or anything intelligent to say.

This is what you should do :shutit:

THis just got crazier according to Profootballtalk.com

"The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime."

WOW.

But it's just rumors. And it's anyone's guess if the source of the rumors is more than just a disgruntled non-Patriots fan.

Its kinda cute actually

Oh really? As pats fans have been saying ad nauseum the last couple days, where's your proof?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry iceman88 I didn't see your post

WOW.

But it's just rumors. And it's anyone's guess if the source of the rumors is more than just a disgruntled non-Patriots fan.

THe one thing I will say about PFT is they definitely would not just post a rumor from one random person. THis would either have to come from an NFL employee or a LOT of people sending in emails. Most likely they heard this from front office connections in the NFL.

I really dont agree with this every team does it mentality. There are a lot of good people in the league that would not even entertain the thought.

Speaking of people in the league, a guy on the miami board said that that scumbag shula said on the radio that if the jets didnt catch him, they "deserved" what the pats did. what a douchebag- and HE was on the competition committee?

I'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it. I don't care if they only recorded for 5 seconds, THEY CHEATED, and that should be the end of it. If they didn't want the punishment, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE CHEATED AT ALL. it doesn't matter how far it went, the fact is, it went.

its one thing to be a fan of cheaters, there is nothing you can do, but it is totally different to defend it.

You are taking your anger out on the wrong guy. I want to know what happened, not make snap judgments based on media reports.

I apologized to GB for something I said to him last night, not you.

Speaking of people in the league, a guy on the miami board said that that scumbag shula said on the radio that if the jets didnt catch him, they "deserved" what the pats did. what a douchebag- and HE was on the competition committee?

this from the guy who left the Orange Bowl uncovered in a torrential rainstorm and thought THAT was an OK way to gain advantage-consider the source

You are taking your anger out on the wrong guy. I want to know what happened, not make snap judgments based on media reports.

I apologized to GB for something I said to him last night, not you.

i have no anger towards you, and i never implied that you were apologizing to me, you don't really have a reason to. its not like YOU cheated me. i was replying to that particular post of yours, sorry if you don't like that.

i have no anger towards you, and i never implied that you were apologizing to me, you don't really have a reason to. its not like YOU cheated me. i was replying to that particular post of yours, sorry if you don't like that.

Your reply didn't make any sense to me as I replied to a post by GB and then you went all mental on me!

No worries.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

---

wow, no wonder it seemed like they always made good halftime adjustments

so... what happens to the docked picks? Can we get a freebie?

The problem with a freebie is that according to Adam Schefter it sounds like the league has had its own investigation going on for a while now. So this punishment will not just be for what was done to the Jets - but also what has been going on for the last few years.

The problem with a freebie is that according to Adam Schefter it sounds like the league has had its own investigation going on for a while now. So this punishment will not just be for what was done to the Jets - but also what has been going on for the last few years.

Yep, plus, Im not sure I feel the jets really DESERVE picks. They deserve to get the game back, and the pats deserve to be penalized heavily. But I would be hard pressed to say the jets deserve a win and the picks. I just want the pats punished severely enough that it is a real deterrent from this happening again.

Yep, plus, Im not sure I feel the jets really DESERVE picks. They deserve to get the game back, and the pats deserve to be penalized heavily. But I would be hard pressed to say the jets deserve a win and the picks. I just want the pats punished severely enough that it is a real deterrent from this happening again.

Exactly.

Like Schefter said "Fines, picks and suspensions" All three would be good for me. I love football so much I don't want to see the game tainted by this crap.

Could Sunday's game be a floodgate that unleashes all the shady cheating BS Bellicheck has done since he's been with the Pats. Seriously BB is just scum of the earth. Stealing a dead mans money, ruining the integrity of my favorite sport, being a homewrecker, and those god damn hoodies.

Could Sunday's game be a floodgate that unleashes all the shady cheating BS Bellicheck has done since he's been with the Pats. Seriously BB is just scum of the earth. Stealing a dead mans money, ruining the integrity of my favorite sport, being a homewrecker, and those god damn hoodies.

The hoodies, the hoodies are what bothers me.

;-)

Archived