Jets\Pats -- Belly Cheated: MERGED

Jet Moses

They need to make an example out of them. This kind of thing can't be tolerated at all. Fines are bull****, there needs to be a severe punishment. Take away their whole draft next year, do an investigation, and ban or at least suspend everyone involved. At least they got caught in the first game of the year.

If Mangini and our coaching staff got caught doing this kind of bull****, I would want them all fired immediately.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THAT PIC MAKES ME F*****G SICK TO MY STOMACH, I HATE THESE MOTHER F*****S, AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO THE GAME. BELICHICK IS A COWARD. JONATHAN VILMA SAID TODAY ON THE FAN WHEN ASKED "ARE THE PATRIOTS A BETTER TEAM", HE RESPONDED "NO"!

I LIKE THAT, WHETHER ITS TRUE OR NOT, I LIKE THAT. DECEMBER 16TH CANT COME ANY SOONER, I HOPE WE POUND THOSE CLASSLESS PR*CKS, WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I think someone already mentioned this but it stuck in my head as a very good reason why they won't/can't just forfeit the game over the the Jets. Most likely there's gonna be a tight AFC wild card race, and if the Jets get one of the spots there would be a huge uproar from the teams that didn't. They would see us getting a win (or tie) as a penalty for them. If the league did forfeit the game the only way to do it would be to issue both teams losses. I personally believe that they won't do that.

There is no way BB didn't know what was going on. Because of that fact, I believe that he (and anyone else that knew about it) should be fined, suspended for several games (or season), and the team should lose some draft picks. If a player cheats and uses drugs to get an unfair advantage, hes fined and suspended. Same should go for the coach when he cheats.

To the Pats fans and honest Pats players, it sucks that this has been happening. You should be angered at BB for cheating to get you wins. I know there's no proof of how long its been going, or what direct effect it has had on games, but if I was a fan I would be hurt. He tarnished your teams amazing history and brought question to all of your success.

As a Jets fan, I hope that this is a reason for a poor poor defensive (and possibly offensive due to tapping into radio frequencies) performance Sunday. But no one can say it is until all the facts come out and everyone confesses everything about the operation/setup. All we can do is let the NFL sift through the facts, determine a ruling/punishment. As for our team ablility/skill, we just have to wait and see how we perform in the weeks to come.

Profootballtalk brought up a good point saying BB has to be suspended at least five games for this if its true. They said if Wade Wilson bought HGH (because he used it to help his impotency) and was suspended five games, BB has to be suspended more for clearly violating game rules for a competitive advantage.

Profootballtalk brought up a good point saying BB has to be suspended at least five games for this if its true. They said if Wade Wilson bought HGH (because he used it to help his impotency) and was suspended five games, BB has to be suspended more for clearly violating game rules for a competitive advantage.

The advantage that the team gets from this spying is so much bigger than the advantage they get from one player using illegal substances, therefore the punishment should be equally bigger, imo.

That picture was during one of the only two 3rd and longs they had all game.

Notice the score when the picture was taken, then look at the final score. I was not a total believer when it first came up, but now there is clear proof that the New England Puketriots cheated. No if ands or buts about it. I'm pissed the fawk off.

First off I want to say that this situation sucks, I don't want to believe that my team cheated, unfortunately the facts point out that they did. Inexcusable. I'm not happy about it at all, and to tell you the truth it makes me alittle sick.

I posted this on another board, my thoughts on the whole situation.

God knows if I was a fan of another team I'd be piling on myself.

The fact is, I'm a Pats fan and as a Pats fan I have to deal with what they have done. I'm no fan of cheating, I don't condone what they've done (though I think some of you may have gotten that impression in my defense of my team). I think that what they have done is absolutely wrong and in reality cheating is cheating, and there is no excuse for it. However, I also firmly believe that it goes much deeper than just the Patriots, and if you listen to players and coaches talk, like that one article from Tomlin that was posted in another thread, it reflects that.

What the Pats did was wrong, we all agree on that, whatever punishment they get, they get. I'll except that as a fan. I know that we're gonna be labeled as cheaters forever now, and no matter what we do there will be some who throw that label at us (by the way, I laughed my a$$ off at the Cheaties box manip, great work to whoever did that), and I accept that.

The fact of the matter is that it won't change anything for me as a fan of my team. From day one, we were'n good enough, the better team didn't win. We played to physically, we beat up on their recievers, and now they can add "they cheat". Its all in a days work as a Pats fan, we hear it everysingle day from fans of X team, or Y team.

But hey, in this case they did, and I may not like it, I really don't want to accept it, but I have to. It sucks, but life goes on.

The advantage that the team gets from this spying is so much bigger than the advantage they get from one player using illegal substances, therefore the punishment should be equally bigger, imo.

Wade Wilson is actually a coach in the league so its not like the team could even get a competitive advantage from it. BB needs to be suspended more than five, otherwise Jets fans get your pitchforks, were going to the league offices.

Only comaprable case of known cheating in sports was the 1951 Giants stealing signs form the bullpen. If youw ant to see Ralph Branca get hot, mention this. Still, to discover it a day after it happened rather than a half century later means the punishment has to be severe to discourage any future such attempts. As a Jets fan who sat throuhg that pasting, I had an awful day.

But objectively the cheating may have led in part ot the injury of a starting QB. It may have cost a team a game and any chance at a playoff berth. A forfeit has to be considered. I doubt the NFL will do it, but they will look at it. And espeically if the radio nonsense is shown to be true. The NFL set up the helmet radios with the exact proviso nobody would cheat. And instead the Pats simply did what they wanted.

Bellichick may rue this victory yet.

BB is a very good coach. Maybe the best in the game right now. But something like this can take some of the shine off. It will instill doubt in the minds of people.

How great of a coach do you think everyone aside from Hermy would be if they knew exactly what the other team was going to do each play? Do you think maybe Peyton Manning would have won 3 SBs instead of just 1 so far? How was it the Rats were able to completely shut him down all those times but now for the past 3 games they've lost? Is it because for the past year or two Peyton has been calling all the played and BB hasn't been able to steal them as a result?

BB is a very good coach. Maybe the best in the game right now. But something like this can take some of the shine off. It will instill doubt in the minds of people.

You think he is that good? He hasnt won a thing since Weis and Crennel left... and he had to cheat just to keep ahead of the JETS

How great of a coach do you think everyone aside from Hermy would be if they knew exactly what the other team was going to do each play? Do you think maybe Peyton Manning would have won 3 SBs instead of just 1 so far? How was it the Rats were able to completely shut him down all those times but now for the past 3 games they've lost? Is it because for the past year or two Peyton has been calling all the played and BB hasn't been able to steal them as a result?

Actually something thats very interesting about the Pats Colts games that has come up now is last years AFC championship game. Bill Polian was apparently afraid of BB doing what he did to us and banned all on field cameras. Who won that game? What coach didn't seem to be so great dealing with the second half that game?

who says the player knows? they could bug a lineman's helmet without his knowing.

Given how they inflate the helmets, how they form fit, how much these guys sweat, very doubtful any players wouldn't have to know. Because the conditions for a mic to work might mean looking at it at hafltime.Plus it would have to be a guy, a good player, who's on the field for every snap, and knows to dump the secreted mic ASAP after the game, or give it back to who ever put it there.

Belifraud got a formal warning from Tagliabue after doing this against Green Bay. But see, his arrogance has caught up with him. And I can't say I'm crying me a river that my prediction from a long, long time ago that this would happen has come to pass.

Quite true. Arrogance. You've said it before and you were right on.

Lil Bill would have to be a raving idiot to be illegally wiring players in today's NFL.

I'm not saying he wouldn't do it for any moral reason, it would just be suicide.

Players are transient. If they wire a guy this week, and cut him next week, then the Jets call him in for an "interview", he might be angry and spill the beans. To dangerous.

On the other hand it wasn't to bright putting a camera on the side line against a coach who was with him, during a time he was doing the same kind of cheating. I'm sure he did that.

This could get interesting

It's called ARROGANCE. Jetophile's been mentioning it for the last 2 days and I think she's right. Beliprick is just arrogant enough to think he could get away with it. Just a thought.

you know what really pisses me off; the fact that they could have won just as easily without cheating. It just seems like such a scumbag thing to do. To cheat at a game you're probably gonna win anyway.

I agree. The cheating is never okay in my book but the fact that they did it against a team that I had no doubt we could handle is just down right odd not to mention embarrassing.

Given how they inflate the helmets, how they form fit, how much these guys sweat, very doubtful any players wouldn't have to know. Because the conditions for a mic to work might mean looking at it at hafltime.Plus it would have to be a guy, a good player, who's on the field for every snap, and knows to dump the secreted mic ASAP after the game, or give it back to who ever put it there.

unless the mike is streaming live throughout the game...In that case there'd be no need to look at it during halftime.

I am so not surprised by this 'rumor'. I expect there to be others that won't surprise me as well. How about Foxboro? Is the visiting teams facilities bugged?

I said it before. Bill Belichick = Richard Nixon. Paranoid and will do anything not to lose.

haha... someone beat me to it.

crook.jpg

No they didnt.

Face the facts, the Jets stunk it up Sunday on all sides of the ball, not just defense.

I hate what happened too, but we must face reality and realize that the Jets still would have lost.

That's like saying you would have been mugged walking alone in the park at night anyway, but since you only had ten bucks on you, it really wasn't that bad. Cheating is cheating, even if we would have flunked the test all on our own. It sounds like you're half excusing it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now that we know the Pats are cheaters, some things become very clear.

Why was it the Colts, with their record setting offenses would just compeltely get shut down by the Patriots? Well obviously we know, but why is it that the Colts have been winning the last few games? The answer, which fits into what we know: Peyton Manning began calling the plays himself. The Colts are the only team in the league that do that, and surprise surprise, as soon as Peyton started that he could beat the Pats. This obviously also lays the Peyton vs. Brady debate to rest.

But there is one other team that always beats the Pats too right? But obviously they don't do that, so the Pats didn't cheat against them right?

Wrong. Look at Shanahan calling the plays. That's right, he hides his signals. Did Shanahan know all along and take steps to prevent the Rats from stealing the signals? I always found it suspicious and thought he was paranoid, but Shanahan wasn't considered a genius for nothing. Someone really needs to ask Mike if he knew what the Chicken was up to, or if he just did that randomly. My guess? Shanny is no dummy.

Archived