McNair or Boller- who do we want to face at QB?

faba

I think Kyle Boller could breakout if given the oppurtunity this season. I really thought that injury sustained 2 years ago cost him big time. When he was fully recovered from that injury and got back in the offence he had 2 great games towards the end of the season.

He has since impressed me every time I've seen him play in relief of McNair. I hope McNair plays because I am one of the very few people who still thinks Boller has a lot of potential.

They both suck. The big concern should be the Jet killer, McGahee.

Yeah, normally i would say i would rather see boller in there since i think mcnair would have all the time in the world in the pocket against us, but I think if boller plays it will mean a lot more running for McGahee, which is bad news bears for us.

Guys, since when is Boller considered a good QB? Has he been sprinkled with some sorta magic dust that I missed out on. McNair was brought in because Boller couldn't get the job done because their once young and swarming D has gotten older. McNair is the starter for that reason and is way more resilient and threatening than Kyle Boller is and has ever been. If Boller is in, the Jets could do exactly what other teams do to them, stack 8 or 9 in the box and tell Boller to use his inconsistent arm to beat us.

Just because McNair and crew had a bad week 1 performance means no bearings on them being turnover prone by any means.

I don't know. Kyle I should've been a Boller actually didn't look bad last night in the 5 minutes he played while McNair was a freakin' statue back there. I never thought I'd say this when given the chance to face either QB, but right now, I'd rather take on McNair.

Why is this being asked anyway? Is there doubt that he will play Sunday after pulling himself out last night?

I don't know. Kyle I should've been a Boller actually didn't look bad last night in the 5 minutes he played while McNair was a freakin' statue back there. I never thought I'd say this when given the chance to face either QB, but right now, I'd rather take on McNair.

Why is this being asked anyway? Is there doubt that he will play Sunday after pulling himself out last night?

everytime I see Boller stepin for McNair he seem to look good. I fear he could silence a lot of critics if given the chance to start sunday.

everytime I see Boller stepin for McNair he seem to look good. I fear he could silence a lot of critics if given the chance to start sunday.

He really was rushed into the job in Baltimore, plus the fact that the Ravens always wanted Leftwich, not him, did not help his cause. Obviously though they are starting to see that Boller can be a serviceable back-up since they extended his contract through the '08 season.

Can we borrow Mcnair for the game?

Did you even watch the game last night? McNair is terrible. The Ravens made an awful move bringing him in after Boller showed flashes the last month in 2005. I hope McNair starts Sunday. He is as much a pile of garbage as Chad.

Guys, since when is Boller considered a good QB? Has he been sprinkled with some sorta magic dust that I missed out on. McNair was brought in because Boller couldn't get the job done because their once young and swarming D has gotten older. McNair is the starter for that reason and is way more resilient and threatening than Kyle Boller is and has ever been. If Boller is in, the Jets could do exactly what other teams do to them, stack 8 or 9 in the box and tell Boller to use his inconsistent arm to beat us.

Just because McNair and crew had a bad week 1 performance means no bearings on them being turnover prone by any means.

I certainly don't think Boller is a good QB...but I would be worried about a "lightning in a bottle" performance where he has something to prove and the offense rallies around him and plays above itself.

I would rather see McNair just because he has such reduced physical abilities-he's got no mobility left and he holds onto the ball way too long. And as the announce team said last night, he's grown conservative and is at this point almost a check-down QB.

Actually, Boller ended the season 2 years ago very strong. I happened to see 2 of those games on tv and thought to myself that he was really going to have a breakout season last year, only to see them sign McNair. Even in his limited duty last night he looked poised and sharp. He put a laser on Todd Heap's chest. A ball Heap absolutely should have caught.

Archived