If the Delay of Game was obvious to us at the bar then WTF?

SouthernJet

EAGLES GOT A FREEBIE

As it turns out, the only touchdown scored by the Eagles in their Week Six win over the Jets should have been blown dead before the play even began.

Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer noted on Monday that the 75-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Donovan McNabb to receiver Kevin Curtis was the result of a play that began after the clock struck zero.

EaglesJets.jpg

EAGLES GOT A FREEBIE

As it turns out, the only touchdown scored by the Eagles in their Week Six win over the Jets should have been blown dead before the play even began.

Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer noted on Monday that the 75-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Donovan McNabb to receiver Kevin Curtis was the result of a play that began after the clock struck zero.

EaglesJets.jpg

Both teams cut it very, very close a number of times, but that was the most blatant.

Some officiating crews just seem to be quicker to call that

people talk about what's wrong with the Jets and they want to boil it down to one simple thing like the QB or the OL

my guess is what's wrong with the Jets, they aren't getting the breaks.

granted, Eric Smith did a TERRIBLE job tackling on that play

and granted an NFL offense usually has to put up more than 3 field goals to win a game

but at the end of the day it was a bad break, in a season full of them.

people talk about what's wrong with the Jets and they want to boil it down to one simple thing like the QB or the OL

and granted an NFL offense usually has to put up more than 3 field goals to win a game

You better get started on that draft you bastard. come on bitonti

This wasn`t Chad under center do you think another 5 yards would have made a diff. to them scoreing a TD ,I highly doubt it .......

The point being, if that play is whistled, there is noo guarantee (actually it is highly improbable) that the same play gets called with tehe exact same result.

Doesn't matter, the Jets stink, but as SJ said, I think all of us watching on TV noticed the clock had hit :00 and there was no snap. It wasn't even close.

The point being, if that play is whistled, there is noo guarantee (actually it is highly improbable) that the same play gets called with tehe exact same result.

Doesn't matter, the Jets stink, but as SJ said, I think all of us watching on TV noticed the clock had hit :00 and there was no snap. It wasn't even close.

It would have giving Moss another 5 yards to seperate himself from our wonderful defense ,Dyson would probably be laying on the field 5 yards from the scrimage line while Moss was dancing in the endzone..

The offensive team always gets another second after the clock is expired by the referees. Being at the game, it was pretty much bang-bang it seemed.

my view was that it wasnt bang bang but the zero was up on the clock when snapped. i would love to see the replay.

but, it doesnt matter. we still should have made the play.

Bad break or a BAD play sent in by ERIC & SCHOTTY? When a guy like TJ is running well, why not run him until they stop him? Our stiffs serr staff stopped the run game pretty much in the second half. If we can not scoren 3 attempts, from the 8 yard line, where is the bad break? It was poor playcalling and a poor , whiffle ball , that floated and fell closer to the CB then WR.

The Iggles TD happened on their first drive. There was plenty of time to get back in it. Unfortunately, the jets never led again, and i'm not going to blame that on a reffing call that happened in the first five minutes of the game.

Bad break or a BAD play sent in by ERIC & SCHOTTY? When a guy like TJ is running well, why not run him until they stop him? Our stiffs serr staff stopped the run game pretty much in the second half. If we can not scoren 3 attempts, from the 8 yard line, where is the bad break? It was poor playcalling and a poor , whiffle ball , that floated and fell closer to the CB then WR.

You are blinded by your hatred of pennington. The play call sucked- it was a 50/50 proposition, and they should have given it to TJ, but the throw was on the money and the CB made a great play knocking it away.

The Iggles TD happened on their first drive. There was plenty of time to get back in it. Unfortunately, the jets never led again, and i'm not going to blame that on a reffing call that happened in the first five minutes of the game.

You are blinded by your hatred of pennington. The play call sucked- it was a 50/50 proposition, and they should have given it to TJ, but the throw was on the money and the CB made a great play knocking it away.

and you are sucked in by your love of a farce of a QB! Look at the play again and maybe you will open your eyes this time! The throw was not a great throw or on the money! The CB did make a nice play, I will admit. A bit more mustard and he could not have made the play! Try not to let your affection for CHAD cloud your usual fine judgement! And for what it is worth, HATE is a silly word to use in this instance. CHAD is a Jet and as such, I do not hate the man. I dislike him as QB of the Jets because I feel he hurts the team. There is a big difference.

You've been off-base for quite while with your animosity towards anyone who doesnt see things the same way as you.

I just saw the play on jets Extra point, and the pass was fine. The DB made a great play- he had it all the way because the pattern was so predictable.

The play call sucked, and no, i dont want Pennington to start, nor did i want him to start last week either. I have no more affection for pennington than any other jet player, so cool your Jets.

You've been off-base for quite while with your animosity towards anyone who doesnt see things the same way as you.

I just saw the play on jets Extra point, and the pass was fine. The DB made a great play- he had it all the way because the pattern was so predictable.

The play call sucked, and no, i dont want Pennington to start, nor did i want him to start last week either. I have no more affection for pennington than any other jet player, so cool your Jets.

I just saw the same play and beg to differ with you. People can have differing views I believe. Re animosity, I think you are off base and all wet! I do think that you are the guy with animosity or rather condescending problems!

I found this very funny JC thank you.

I noticed it to. I was at the game and when the snap went off and they scored I was screaming "WTF WHERES THE FLAG REF HE DIDNT GET THAT SNAP OFF" I clearly saw on the playclock in the stadium at zero when the snap went off.

Again like 124 said. They almost always give the QB an extra second, it's nothing new.

Archived