NFL draft cut from 15 to 10 minutes in first round

BP

5 x 15 = 75

5 x 10 = 50

75 - 50 = 25

Do we need to continue?

Excuse me?

We're talking about cutting down a 15 minute draft to 10 minutes. That is not cutting down 50%, no matter how you wanna bring up different numbers that have to do with anything.

It is 33 1/3rd percent cut off.

Excuse me?

We're talking about cutting down a 15 minute draft to 10 minutes. That is not cutting down 50%, no matter how you wanna bring up different numbers that have to do with anything.

I think Sperm meant that the additional 5 minutes is 50% more than 10 minutes, which would be an accurate statement ;)

Excuse me?

I think Sperm meant that the additional 5 minutes is 50% more than 10 minutes, which would be an accurate statement ;)

Read his post, his original post. He said the # 6 team would have 50% less time. And that is accurate.

More time to work out trades? You mean to tell me you can't work out a trade or trades from February through April 20-something? It has to be done in 15 minutes on ESPN? I'm not buying that. What is 5 less minutes in a 2 and a half month span?

Hmmm.....you mean the Pats' trade for Randy Moss was in the works prior to being on the clock? ;)

15 minutes was too long. 5 may be too short. 10 sounds just about right to me. If a team can't make an informed decision in 10 minutes - a decision they have mapped out weeks, months before the draft - they deserve to suck.

For those that don't like the 10 minute first round time. I think the lower rounds are more difficult to pick than the first round and they only have 5 minutes.

So, while I really like the 10 minutes time limit in the first round. I hate the Friday night deal. I think Goodell is a moron.

I must say that I am in the ten minute camp. While there may be surprises, teams know who they are fgoing to pick and who they will take if there guy is not on the board or if they are going to trade, so I do not think it is that detrimental. Maybe taking five miutes off will make for more meaningful and concise negotiations for trades. All the teams will only have ten minutes so I do not think they will d*ck around with each other and offer deals that are unrealistic.

It still makes the first round way too long. But I do not see how you can get any much shorter than that..

So wait. The change from 15 minutes to 10 minutes is close to definite but what about the change from the 1st round going from Saturday at Noon to Friday Night? Is that as close to being definite as the time switch?

For those that don't like the 10 minute first round time. I think the lower rounds are more difficult to pick than the first round and they only have 5 minutes.

So, while I really like the 10 minutes time limit in the first round. I hate the Friday night deal. I think Goodell is a moron.

They should reduce the time for each successive round so that by the time you get to the sixth round you have something like 15 seconds to pick

Archived