Barton's Yankees Off-Season Plan w/25 Man Roster

Barton

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giambi isn't a good player. He's a borderline hall of famer.

You do realize that he's in the top 40 all time in both OBP and SLG right?

No..no...NO WAY. I was about to potw nom that for you cracking a joke about a yankee, but you're actually SERIOUS?!

HAHAHAHA...come on mike, tell me what exactly he's done since we KNOW he hasn't been jacked up? NOTHING, thats what.

No..no...NO WAY. I was about to potw nom that for you cracking a joke about a yankee, but you're actually SERIOUS?!

HAHAHAHA...come on mike, tell me what exactly he's done since we KNOW he hasn't been jacked up? NOTHING, thats what.

You have no way of knowing when he was using or when he stopped.

There will be players who will make the hall of fame who did steroids and no one knows about it. All you can do it judge players by their relation to every other player.

The reason that Madmike says that Giambi is a borderline HOFer is because Bill James tells him so.

There is a Jamesian calculation of career achievements, and if you approach 100 on this scale, the scale tells you that player should be a HOFer.

Mo Vaughn, Carlos Delgado, Kent Hrbek are similar type players. And like Giambi, they are close on this stupid scaling system.

Don't be mad at Mike, be mad at the drivel that he is brainwashed into thinking is the bible.

MadMike is our own version of Patty Hearst. He was somewhere kidnapped by the Sabermetric gang and force fed numbers as the telling tale of baseball. He is just a Stolkholm Syndrome regurgitator.

That and his social skills are inept, and thsi is what you get.

There will be players who will make the hall of fame who did steroids and no one knows about it. All you can do it judge players by their relation to every other player.

The reason that Madmike says that Giambi is a borderline HOFer is because Bill James tells him so.

There is a Jamesian calculation of career achievements, and if you approach 100 on this scale, the scale tells you that player should be a HOFer.

Mo Vaughn, Carlos Delgado, Kent Hrbek are similar type players. And like Giambi, they are close on this stupid scaling system.

Don't be mad at Mike, be mad at the drivel that he is brainwashed into thinking is the bible.

MadMike is our own version of Patty Hearst. He was somewhere kidnapped by the Sabermetric gang and force fed numbers as the telling tale of baseball. He is just a Stolkholm Syndrome regurgitator.

That and his social skills are inept, and thsi is what you get.

I've watched Jason Giambi for his entire career. He is not a Hall of Fame player.

One person's subjective opinion means very little to me without solid evidence. I've seen him too but only an ignorant person thinks they have the ability to put a player in context just by watching some games.

I've watched Jason Giambi for his entire career. He is not a Hall of Fame player.

One person's subjective opinion means very little to me without solid evidence. I've seen him too but only an ignorant person thinks they have the ability to put a player in context just by watching some games.

One person?

I think its fair to say youre the only one around here that thinks Giambi is a possible Hall of Famer.

One person?

I think its fair to say youre the only one around here that thinks Giambi is a possible Hall of Famer.

LOL!!!

Giambi is 36 years old and with his decline over the past few years there is no reason to believe that he has much left.

His career #s are .289 with 364 home runs. Over the past 4 seasons he has averaged 24 home runs. He is not gonna get 500.

Do I have to look at any other #s. Sure he has an insane OBP I am sure. But he is a power hitter that clogs up the bases. He has a .289 BA and when compared against the greats not a lot of Home Runs.

And he cheated to get there. He is bordering on being called above average vs average if anything. Not bordering on the HOF.

LOL!!!

Giambi is 36 years old and with his decline over the past few years there is no reason to believe that he has much left.

His career #s are .289 with 364 home runs. Over the past 4 seasons he has averaged 24 home runs. He is not gonna get 500.

Do I have to look at any other #s. Sure he has an insane OBP I am sure. But he is a power hitter that clogs up the bases. He has a .289 BA and when compared against the greats not a lot of Home Runs.

And he cheated to get there. He is bordering on being called above average vs average if anything. Not bordering on the HOF.

LOL!!!

Even if he doesn't make the hall of fame his career avg seasons are hall of fame caliber.

LOL!!!

Even if he doesn't make the hall of fame his career avg seasons are hall of fame caliber.

Archived