Enough with the Chad stuff...

4HCrew

The play calling on offense was horrible. I think Schottenheimer was a better play caller when he didn't think he had a running back. way too predictable, running on 2nd and 9 inside the 10 yard line? they play passed a lot more near the end zone last year.

The defense sucked so bad Mangini had to take over the play calling later in the game when it was too late.

This collapse reminded me of the Kotite era. it was embarrassing.

The play calling on offense was horrible. I think Schottenheimer was a better play caller when he didn't think he had a running back. way too predictable, running on 2nd and 9 inside the 10 yard line? they play passed a lot more near the end zone last year.

The defense sucked so bad Mangini had to take over the play calling later in the game when it was too late.

This collapse reminded me of the Kotite era. it was embarrassing.

BP...

How do you know Mangini took over?

Also, Schotty isnt necesarily calling all of the plays...Pennington is actually the one calling the plays most of the time.

BP...

How do you know Mangini took over?

Also, Schotty isnt necesarily calling all of the plays...Pennington is actually the one calling the plays most of the time.

Mangini had a play sheet when the defense was on the field in the second half, and he was making hand signals. he hasn't done that all year. and he was caught on camera yelling at Sutton in the 2nd quarter.

Yes Schotty is calling the plays, that's why Chad covers his ears on his helmet. so he could hear the play being called. maybe on the final couple of drives they called several plays in the huddle. but I'm talking about late in the 2nd quarter when we could have put them away.

Mangini had a play sheet when the defense was on the field in the second half, and he was making hand signals. he hasn't done that all year. and he was caught on camera yelling at Sutton in the 2nd quarter.

Yes Schotty is calling the plays, that's why Chad covers his ears on his helmet. so he could hear the play being called. maybe on the final couple of drives they called several plays in the huddle. but I'm talking about late in the 2nd quarter when we could have put them away.

Um, the Jets run a muddle huddle, meaning most of the plays are actually called by the QB at the line.

I heard an announcer say last year that Schotty gives Penny the 4 plays he wants him to run and 3 or so audible options every 4 plays or something.

Um, the Jets run a muddle huddle, meaning most of the plays are actually called by the QB at the line.

I heard an announcer say last year that Schotty gives Penny the 4 plays he wants him to run and 3 or so audible options every 4 plays or something.

If that's true than Chad sucks at the play calling and Schotty should take over. what difference does it make? the play calling has sucked this year, and it was a lot better last year. I have no clue why we're so predictable this year.

If that's true than Chad sucks at the play calling and Schotty should take over. what difference does it make? the play calling has sucked this year, and it was a lot better last year. I have no clue why we're so predictable this year.

Yeah, last week the Fox announcers not only pointed that out, they also proved it.

I like the Fox announcers a lot more BTW.

Anyway, they were saying that every time our back lines up 8 yds behind the line, theres no way it's not going to be a pass because the RB would be completely out of the play.

why is it we can only gain 2 or 3 yards when we run the ball while our opponents rip off 8, and 9 yarders on a consistent basis? Chad wasn't all that bad today but it's so strange to watch a team always having to play catch-up...even with 13 point friggin lead-I've never seen anything like it in 41 years watching the NFL

why is it we can only gain 2 or 3 yards when we run the ball while our opponents rip off 8, and 9 yarders on a consistent basis? Chad wasn't all that bad today but it's so strange to watch a team always having to play catch-up...even with 13 point friggin lead-I've never seen anything like it in 41 years watching the NFL

what was totally amazing was that there was absolutely no question that the jets would blow the lead today and lose. it is almost like the team is just waiting to collapse. mangini should be completely embarrassed because the mental part of these collapses is on his shoulders. say what you want about herm as a coach but i doubt he had as many collapses in 5 years as mangini has had in this one.

what was totally amazing was that there was absolutely no question that the jets would blow the lead today and lose. it is almost like the team is just waiting to collapse. mangini should be completely embarrassed because the mental part of these collapses is on his shoulders. say what you want about herm as a coach but i doubt he had as many collapses in 5 years as mangini has had in this one.

Silly. Seriously, which defensive player are you? Just curious?

Comparing Mangini to Herm is like, ....like, ummm, like .....

Granted he does not help but this defense is pathetic...the play calling atrocious... there are many glaring problems on this team other than qb..

True, but Clemens will permit Cotchery and Coles and maybe even Baker to play more to the limits of their ability. He will also force defenses to back off. Yes, he will make more mental errors than Chad. That is unavoidable. But he will make more plays down the field. And we know from watching the Jets D that one good downfield completion can overcome two crappy play calls. Chad really cannot do that consistently. He can only do it rarely.

Granted he does not help but this defense is pathetic...the play calling atrocious... there are many glaring problems on this team other than qb..

True, but Clemens will permit Cotchery and Coles and maybe even Baker to play more to the limits of their ability. He will also force defenses to back off. Yes, he will make more mental errors than Chad. That is unavoidable. But he will make more plays down the field. And we know from watching the Jets D that one good downfield completion can overcome two crappy play calls. Chad really cannot do that consistently. He can only do it rarely.

Archived