Arod agrees to 10 yr deal

Smizzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob is going to be a happy man!

Damn right. The best player in baseball is going to be a Yankee for the next decade.

AP confirms it, sort of.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aqbp0f1VLlmLNkdpZjOuz245nYcB?slug=ap-yankees-rodriguez&prov=ap&type=lgns

A-Rod and Yankees have outline of $275 million, 10-year deal

By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer

November 15, 2007

AP - Nov 14, 5:52 pm EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees have agreed to the outline of a $275 million, 10-year contract, a deal that potentially would allow him to earn millions more if he sets the career home-run record.

The amount of the guaranteed money was revealed by a person familiar with the negotiations who spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't been finalized. A-Rod met Wednesday in Tampa, Fla., with the Steinbrenner brothers but the parameters of the deal were set in place last weekend.

"Yeah, I could say that," Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said. "The meeting was a final get-together. He wanted to make sure myself and my brother knew that he was sincere and serious."

The Yankees still must draft the agreement with Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras.

This officially sucks.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox. World Series Champions 2004, 2007-2017.

It's too bad you feel that way...I'm going to be optimistic about this and say Yanks will win a few during this new contract of his.

I've noticed you like to pick out single players (Pennington and ARod) for not winning the big games...as with the Jets who are more than just Pennington away from contending, the Yanks have had pitching issues the last several years. The teams that won starting with '96 had better pitching and it will always come down to that...if ARod wasn't on this years team, Yanks wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.

Joe, does Wang get any blame for his performance in the playoffs this year or is all ARod? I guess the Red Sox could blame Teddy ball for not winning any WS during his playing days and he was bum during his early years with the fans...shooting fans the middle finger when they would boo him...the Boston papers hated him. But, you know what, the Boston fans love the guy and Yaz, and all the others that are in the HOF and never won a WS championship for them.

It's too bad you feel that way...I'm going to be optimistic about this and say Yanks will win a few during this new contract of his.

I've noticed you like to pick out single players (Pennington and ARod) for not winning the big games...as with the Jets who are more than just Pennington away from contending, the Yanks have had pitching issues the last several years. The teams that won starting with '96 had better pitching and it will always come down to that...if ARod wasn't on this years team, Yanks wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.

Joe, does Wang get any blame for his performance in the playoffs this year or is all ARod? I guess the Red Sox could blame Teddy ball for not winning any WS during his playing days and he was bum during his early years with the fans...shooting fans the middle finger when they would boo him...the Boston papers hated him. But, you know what, the Boston fans love the guy and Yaz, and all the others that are in the HOF and never won a WS championship for them.

This is where you're wrong. Do I dislike PennyBoyWonder and AChoke? Yes I do and for completely different reasons for each player. I have never said that Chad was the only reason. I have said the run defense is horrible. I have said the run blocking has been horrible. What more do you want? Have you ever thought it may be your head way, way too far up Chad's and AChoke's asses? Do you not realize there are more against ARod then there are for him? There are. Maybe not here, but they are other places.

The pitching for the Yankees, especially by Wang, was horrible. It was. I admitted back in October and I'm admitting it now. Do you have to always just shove those aside and then come at me with this Pennington and AChoke crap? If you like them, fine. I don't. I have never said either player was the soul reason.

But please, do explain to me this:

How does 1 HR and 1 RBI in 3 years do for the Yankees in the playoffs. When, ya know, it actually matters.

And for Chad, well, that is over. Mangini finally saw the light.

:Just Joined:

This is where you're wrong. Do I dislike PennyBoyWonder and AChoke? Yes I do and for completely different reasons for each player. I have never said that Chad was the only reason. I have said the run defense is horrible. I have said the run blocking has been horrible. What more do you want? Have you ever thought it may be your head way, way too far up Chad's and AChoke's asses? Do you not realize there are more against ARod then there are for him? There are. Maybe not here, but they are other places.

The pitching for the Yankees, especially by Wang, was horrible. It was. I admitted back in October and I'm admitting it now. Do you have to always just shove those aside and then come at me with this Pennington and AChoke crap? If you like them, fine. I don't. I have never said either player was the soul reason.

How does 1 HR and 1 RBI in 3 years do for the Yankees in the playoffs. When, ya know, it actually matters.

I should have read this reply before I responded to your PM. My head up ARod and Chad's ass? Who the **** are you talking to here? Some kid in your age bracket? You know what, I've never come close to saying you were up Clemens ass, but you seem to think you can say that to me...well, no you can't.

For your sake, I hope Clemens turns out to be everything you want him to be...and unlike you who would wish Pennington crashed and burned, I'm all about the "team" and hope he's the next coming! Grow the **** up!

I have always wanted Pennington to succeed, I just saw the light of the Jets needing to bench him before you did, thats all.

Also, I can say whatever the heck I want to say, you cannot tell me otherwise. Arn't you Mr.Military? Its America. Its a free world, thanks to you and others.

Grow the **** up? Please. If you seriously have to attack my age to help your argument, then I say you grow up "Sir".

I'll talk to someone out of my "age bracket" and could care less. I should respect you more than someone my age because why?

We used to be buddies, but this whole Pennington thing has brought out the worst in you.

At least I can call out a player when I see him playing like **** and I'm still able to cheer my ass off for the team each and every day.

Really good post! :cheers:

Joe I read the posts a few times -- I though NS made some good points about individual players. No reason to say he has his head up somebody's a$$. That's not cool.

What team has A-Rod led to a championship oh mighty one.

Zero. And unless the Yankees find a way to releave him of his Postseason demons (and find a replacement for Mussina and have Wang prove that he is an ace) that number will remain the same.

Zero. And unless the Yankees find a way to releave him of his Postseason demons (and find a replacement for Mussina and have Wang prove that he is an ace) that number will remain the same.

The Yankees odds of winning it all are much better with AROD. You have to be in it to win it. He can carry them there.

In the postseason it comes down to pitching. Jaba, Hughes and Chamberlain -- let's see what they got.

That's ****ING crazy!!!

There really is no change in his contract unless He breaks Bonds' record.

He's getting the same money he got last year & will continue to do so for an additional 6 years more than the original contract.

The only difference is that the Yankees now have to pony up the $20 mil per year that the Texans have been for the last 3.

Besides, I love the fact that Scott Boris got put in his place!

He only worked out the finalization of the contract "LEGAL AID" is all he was worth on this one!

WAY TO GO A-ROD! :Nuts:

The Yankees odds of winning it all are much better with AROD. You have to be in it to win it. He can carry them there.

In the postseason it comes down to pitching. Jaba, Hughes and Chamberlain -- let's see what they got.

Hitting also counts. Here is the train wreck named Hooray-Rod in the playoffs since becoming a Yankee:

2004: .421 BA (ALDS)

2004: .258 BA (ALCS)

2005: .133 BA (ALDS)

2006: .071 BA (ALDS)

2007: .267 BA (ALDS)

94 at bats, 23 hits, 4 HR's and 9 RBI's.

Hitting also counts. Here is the train wreck named Hooray-Rod in the playoffs since becoming a Yankee:

2004: .421 BA (ALDS)

2004: .258 BA (ALCS)

2005: .133 BA (ALDS)

2006: .071 BA (ALDS)

2007: .267 BA (ALDS)

94 at bats, 23 hits, 4 HR's and 9 RBI's.

3 HR's in 8 RBI's alone in 2004.

1 HR and 1 RBI since.

This is a solid move by the yanks. He'll break the HR record in pinstripes and, should, do it clean.

As for rings? Until pitching is improved, I won't say he will. He also needs to clearly improve his post season play to help the team. But this pickup is massive for the yanks. Massive.

This is a solid move by the yanks. He'll break the HR record in pinstripes and, should, do it clean.

As for rings? Until pitching is improved, I won't say he will. He also needs to clearly improve his post season play to help the team. But this pickup is massive for the yanks. Massive.

He doesn't scare me at all in the post season. He's proven that he can't handle the playoff pressure in a City that cares about baseball.

Good for you Hooray-Rod!

He doesn't scare me at all in the post season. He's proven that he can't handle the playoff pressure in a City that cares about baseball.

Good for you Hooray-Rod!

As a Sox fan, I was hoping that he would go to the Cubs or anywhere that wasn't NY. He is head and shoulders the best player in baseball. How this is a bad thing for the Yankees, I have no idea.

The fact that he hasn't done anything in the playoffs is moot. He still has the ability to single-handedly carry a team for weeks on end. He will eventually get it done in the playoffs, the Yankees just made sure that it will be for them.

Archived