Do We Have Any Goal Line Plays

TheSage

It seem like when we're down at the 1-3 yard line we either hand off into a brick wall or throw a fade to the corner. is there a bootleg option for a mobile QB in out playbook or some other play where out atletic but undersized O line doesn't get collapsed? And while I'm in the playbook does anyone have stats on the efficacy of Brad Smith at QB which doesn't receive acceptable grades in my book.

Not ranting love Mangini and how the D has reaponded with him since he seemed to have taken over.

It seem like when we're down at the 1-3 yard line we either hand off into a brick wall or throw a fade to the corner. is there a bootleg option for a mobile QB in out playbook or some other play where out atletic but undersized O line doesn't get collapsed? And while I'm in the playbook does anyone have stats on the efficacy of Brad Smith at QB which doesn't receive acceptable grades in my book.

Not ranting love Mangini and how the D has reaponded with him since he seemed to have taken over.

Ya God damn right we do!!!!

It is called "the protect the FG play"

yes we do-unfortunately none of them work-when WAS the last time we saw that fade pattern work anyway? Oh yea-it was the New England game LAST YEAR with Cotchery-we're the only NFL team that can't ever pick up a short yardage 1st down if the QB ain't running it himself

What we need to do is add to our O-line with a new LG and new RT. Big powerful men who can plow forward and move the pile. The last time I remember us doing that very regularly were the Parcells era and in 2004 when Curtis had that great year. Otherwise, it just seems normal to see the offensive line being pushed backward by the oppenent Defense.

Consider that Will Montgomery was on the field yesterday. He is backing up Adrien Clarke, who was a mediocre backup for the Eagles. We NEED to upgrade that position.

people forget but

Cedric Houston was the short yardage/goalline back last year and was going to fill the same role this year, before he retired.

make no mistake Cedric Houston would have gotten that TD, it's not necessarily Tangini's fault that they don't have a short yardage back, it's not even Thomas Jones' fault when they try to use him as such.

people forget but

Cedric Houston was the short yardage/goalline back last year and was going to fill the same role this year, before he retired.

make no mistake Cedric Houston would have gotten that TD, it's not necessarily Tangini's fault that they don't have a short yardage back, it's not even Thomas Jones' fault when they try to use him as such.

I don't think it's that difficult to find a power runner with an unimpressive 40 time. Why not use that kid who just got plucked off our practice squad. He was a good 15 lbs bigger than Cedric Houston anyway. I mean he can't have had NO power at that size unless he's a big dancer like Dayne was. Or someone like a Samkon Gado or TJ Duckett. These guys are available every season. I don't accept that we are doomed to having no goal-line back for the entire season because the great Cedric Houston ditched us over the summer.

I don't think it's that difficult to find a power runner with an unimpressive 40 time. Why not use that kid who just got plucked off our practice squad. He was a good 15 lbs bigger than Cedric Houston anyway. I mean he can't have had NO power at that size unless he's a big dancer like Dayne was. Or someone like a Samkon Gado or TJ Duckett. These guys are available every season. I don't accept that we are doomed to having no goal-line back for the entire season because the great Cedric Houston ditched us over the summer.

didn't we have one??? D ward??????????????????????

I don't accept that we are doomed to having no goal-line back for the entire season because the great Cedric Houston ditched us over the summer.

you don't have to accept it, but that's the way it worked out. Even Gado and Duckett were already on rosters. remember that Houston retired after FA and the draft. so unless they were going to replace him with a street free agent there weren't any more moves to make.

Blame the offensive line for not being able to move the line of scrimmage down close also.

I don't care what anyone says Jones could ahve gotten in the endzone on that 1st attempt. Like I said in the gamethread (cheers for the Neg rep Jetcane for that) that 90 percent of the backs in the league would have gotton in.

I don't care what anyone says Jones could ahve gotten in the endzone on that 1st attempt. Like I said in the gamethread (cheers for the Neg rep Jetcane for that) that 90 percent of the backs in the league would have gotton in.

Thomas Jones has a reputation long known in the league as a guy who looks like he should be able to get the tough yard, but can't. there is a reason why this player gets great stats year after year yet is on his 4th NFL franchise.

Thomas Jones has a reputation long known in the league as a guy who looks like he should be able to get the tough yard, but can't. there is a reason why this player gets great stats year after year yet is on his 4th NFL franchise.

his bro is the exact same, just awful in short yardage. Hence the reason Marion Barber always has so many more TD's than him.

Jones can't cut it down there, at all.

MB3 is amazing. the most fun back to watch in the league. he could probably be a feature but keeping him fresh adds to his effectiveness. he's gotta be the hardest guy to tackle in the league.

I think we would have won yesterday if we used Leon about 30% more. He was very fresh, and he excels in the 2 minute offense. On those draws that TJ got 16 yards, he would have had 30+. Also, put DROB in there at fullback. HEck, just give him the ball down on the one and let him rumble.

I think we would have won yesterday if we used Leon about 30% more. He was very fresh, and he excels in the 2 minute offense. On those draws that TJ got 16 yards, he would have had 30+. Also, put DROB in there at fullback. HEck, just give him the ball down on the one and let him rumble.

He can't even play on his own damn side of the ball so i doubt he could play elsewher TBH.

Archived