Seymour hit on Clemens

JETSFAN5180

The hit looked a bit blatant to me.Clemens was pile drived to the ground with Seymours full body on top of Kellen.

Ive come to accept the refs will not make the calls against the Patriots.

What pisses me off even more is NO ONE on the Jets DEFENSE retaliated against Brady knowing that Clemens was lost for the entire game and not just a few plays.

This DEFENSE lacks ADDITUDE and AGGRESIVENESS.

The last great smackmouth players we had were Bryan Cox and Victor Green.

The hit looked a bit blatant to me.Clemens was pile drived to the ground with Seymours full body on top of Kellen.

What pisses me off even more is NO ONE on the Jets DEFENSE retaliated against Brady knowing that Clemens was lost for the entire game and not just a few plays.

It was clean,there was no reason for the Jets to target Brady. Even if seymour went in to hurt him i couldnt tell if it was purposely. Seymour went in for a safety and nailled clemens and the pats got 6. If seymour ws soft there the pats dont get 6. Seymour put a licking on clemens,and was just doing his job.

He didn't need to piledrive him like he did but it looked like it barely fell into the legal realm of the rules.

I was real disappointed in the lack od aggressiveness in the jets play, especially on defense. the pats were hittin a lot harder out there than the jets were.

It was clean,there was no reason for the Jets to target Brady. Even if seymour went in to hurt him i couldnt tell if it was purposely. Seymour went in for a safety and nailled clemens and the pats got 6. If seymour ws soft there the pats dont get 6. Seymour put a licking on clemens,and was just doing his job.

I think even Pats fans will admit that the hit was a little much and I've seen players flagged for far less worse hits.

I think even Pats fans will admit that the hit was a little much and I've seen players flagged for far less worse hits.

The only he could've got flagged their is if seymor hit clemens helmet. Those other hits you are talking about,maybe the defender made contact with the Qb's Helmet.

He didn't need to piledrive him like he did but it looked like it barely fell into the legal realm of the rules.

I was real disappointed in the lack od aggressiveness in the jets play, especially on defense. the pats were hittin a lot harder out there than the jets were.

Hey, it was cold. Did you ever try to tackle someone when it's cold? It hurts.

WOW Even Jets fans are in the New England can do no wrong tranz................................you are getting sleepy.................................................

The hit if it was reversed and Brady was pile drived to the ground would have been alot different and the flags would have been flying!

The only he could've got flagged their is if seymor hit clemens helmet. Those other hits you are talking about,maybe the defender made contact with the Qb's Helmet.

It is a foul to to fall on the QB with your full weight or something to that extent.Vilma got called for it against the jags last year.

This is not true. The rule is that a defender is not allowed to come down on the QB and drive him into the ground.

It is a foul to to fall on the QB with your full weight or something to that extent.Vilma got called for it against the jags last year.

Yeah and I think we were all in agreement that was a terrible call.

I'm not out to defend Seymour, it just didn't look to blatant. IMO what DeMarcus Ware done to Jon Kitna 2 weeks ago is an example of what slamming a QB to the ground is.

I will REPEAT im pissed our DEFENSE did NOTHING in retaliation to show Clemens they are with him and support him!

By not doing anything makes me wonder if this TEAM is TOGETHER.

Maybe it's because our defence and team is classy. They didn't resort to taking Cheap shots at Brady. Your an idiot if you actually think that taking out Brady was the right thing to do.

You think that means this team isn't together????

Wow.:roll:

Maybe it's because our defence and team is classy. They didn't resort to taking Cheap shots at Brady. Your an idiot if you actually think that taking out Brady was the right thing to do.

You think that means this team isn't together????

Wow.:roll:

Excuse me thats Mr.Idiot to you........and did I say take Brady out? A few times they had the chance to lay a nice hit on him and they did not.This is FOOTBALL.

You got a problem with me? It seems everythig I post you have something to say.

And DEFENSE is spelled like this NO c.

Excuse me thats Mr.Idiot to you........and did I say take Brady out? A few times they had the chance to lay a nice hit on him and they did not.This is FOOTBALL.

You got a problem with me? It seems everythig I post you have something to say.

And DEFENSE is spelled like this NO c.

No, I do spell it with a C, I'm not American.

I thought you were implying we should take cheap shots. To be fair I'm not going to complain about anything our D did yesterday, vs an offence that high powered your main concern is just stopping them, not laying them out. That being said Harris did absolutely nail Maroney a few times.

That point though about this team not being together though, is total BS. If anything yesterday proved just how much this team is together and as much as I may dislike Mnagini, this team was willing to play their hearts out for him today.

This team has alot of issues, togetherness is not one of them.

I will REPEAT im pissed our DEFENSE did NOTHING in retaliation to show Clemens they are with him and support him!

By not doing anything makes me wonder if this TEAM is TOGETHER.

I was pissed myself, the problem is that tehy have to get to Brady first, he had all day to throw. I was real impressed wih our coverage in that weather. Especially against Welker.

No, I do spell it with a C, I'm not American.

I thought you were implying we should take cheap shots. To be fair I'm not going to complain about anything our D did yesterday, vs an offence that high powered your main concern is just stopping them, not laying them out. That being said Harris did absolutely nail Maroney a few times.

That point though about this team not being together though, is total BS. If anything yesterday proved just how much this team is together and as much as I may dislike Mnagini, this team was willing to play their hearts out for him today.

This team has alot of issues, togetherness is not one of them.

sorry but I think we should have taken some cheap shots on Brady-two games vs them this year=2 hurt Jets QBs Chad in game 1 and Clemens in game 2-screw that if I was the coach I would have paid a bounty to any player that took him out and assured that player the org. would have paid any fines levied-I hate the Patriots THAT much...this from a guy that before this year would chide any guy on the boards who wished injury on another team's player-this year has changed me

I wondered about this myself. I don't mind that they didn't call a penalty because the timing was legit. I still think that he might be fined for driving Clemens down. In my opinion it was just a hardnosed football play, but I've seen less fined.

As for retaliation, I didn't expect much I wouldn't really condone it or any cheapshots. On the other hand, I was still upset nobody took a shot at Brady. There were a few occasions when dbs had a dead run at Brady and slowed up or tried to block the pass. IMO you MUST make it a priority to hit Brady. Just hit him. I'm surprised didn't send Elam much. He seems like the type of lunatic that would really tee off if he ever got there and he's no big deal in coverage.

It was a similar hit(only more flagrant) to Hobson's hit on Brady last year that resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and negated a Drew Coleman INT.

I wondered about this myself. I don't mind that they didn't call a penalty because the timing was legit. I still think that he might be fined for driving Clemens down. In my opinion it was just a hardnosed football play, but I've seen less fined.

As for retaliation, I didn't expect much I wouldn't really condone it or any cheapshots. On the other hand, I was still upset nobody took a shot at Brady. There were a few occasions when dbs had a dead run at Brady and slowed up or tried to block the pass. IMO you MUST make it a priority to hit Brady. Just hit him. I'm surprised didn't send Elam much. He seems like the type of lunatic that would really tee off if he ever got there and he's no big deal in coverage.

:sign0098: Your post is right on. Hitting Cindy HARD is the only way to really effect him. I love watching Cindy with "happy feet". :biggrin:

Archived