OLB Bryan Thomas

ILB David Harris

ILB Larry Izzo

OLB David Bowens/Tommy Blake

CB Darrelle Revis

CB Randall Gay

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Abram Elam

I really hope we don't sign Faneca. Old, expensive, bitchy, and declining. Not exactly someone a rebuilding team wants to tie a huge contract to.

Like the draft, but it's just impossible. Blake will fly up boards if he interviews well and performs as expect at the combine. Alot of reports were saying he came back bigger, faster, and stronger after his bout with...whatever it was. He and Groves are largely ignored now, but I think they will remind everyone just how nasty they are at the combine.

No chance in hell Duke Robinson is around in the 3rd. He's got the potential to be the be a Shawn Andrews type G.

If Raji comes out...theres too many 3-4 teams that need a NT for him to sit around til the 4th...I think. If we're getting a NT in the 4th, it's probably Morton.

Love the Balmer and McFadden pick though.

There are two guys who I would love to see in green next august..WR Limas Sweed out of Texas who would of broken all of Williams record if he didn't get injured and Jr Vernon Gholston DE/OLB out of Ohio State who is an absolute beast.

From Draftdaddy.com

Limas Sweed, Texas: Sweed doesn

There are two guys who I would love to see in green next august..WR Limas Sweed out of Texas who would of broken all of Williams record if he didn't get injured and Jr Vernon Gholston DE/OLB out of Ohio State who is an absolute beast.

From Draftdaddy.com

Limas Sweed, Texas: Sweed doesn’t catch as many passes as some of the others on this list, but he might be the most explosive receiver in the country. Sweed, a projected first-round NFL pick in 2008, caught a touchdown in seven consecutive games last year.

LS hi-lite film

Stat Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST 2004 23 263 11.4 37 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 2005 36 545 15.1 45 5 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 2006 46 801 17.4 60 12 0 5 0.0 0 0 0 0 2007 19 306 16.1 52 3 1 -1 -1.0 0 0 0 0INJURIED..(WRIST IN 2007)

Can someone explain to me whats so great about signing a soon to be 33 year old G whose sucked for the past 2 seasons?

It MIGHT be a good move in the short term, but it doesn't really seem like we're building for the short term does it?

30 yr old guard which means he could be good for another 6 years.

He is still very talented, I saw him in that Rams game and he was absolutely flawless and most of Pittburghs big runs were sprung by him.

He hasn't "sucked" the last 2 years he just hasn't played to his ridiculously high standards and IMO that's because he is unhappy in Pittsburgh.

If we really do trade penny and coles for a first and a fourth then we better take ghoulston and mcfadden. That would be a sweet first round. and the more I hear about faneca the more I say take a pass on him. but who else is out there that the jets can get. we can't go into next year without a fa vet. o linemen.

30 yr old guard which means he could be good for another 6 years.

He is still very talented, I saw him in that Rams game and he was absolutely flawless and most of Pittburghs big runs were sprung by him.

He hasn't "sucked" the last 2 years he just hasn't played to his ridiculously high standards and IMO that's because he is unhappy in Pittsburgh.

I just watched that Rams game. Not so impressed. The Rams D sucks, he spent almost every pass play simply helping the center, including a couple where blitzes went right through his spot. There were times that looked designed (a back was waiting to pick it up) and others where it didn't (Ben runs for life). The Jets cannot afford to take anybody that dogs it because they are "unhappy". If he was unhappy in Pittsburgh how's he going to be in NY? I'd make an offer for Faneca, but not break the bank. I'm sure there will be other options. I want value for the money. Not cheap, but value.

I just watched that Rams game. Not so impressed. The Rams D sucks, he spent almost every pass play simply helping the center, including a couple where blitzes went right through his spot. There were times that looked designed (a back was waiting to pick it up) and others where it didn't (Ben runs for life). The Jets cannot afford to take anybody that dogs it because they are "unhappy". If he was unhappy in Pittsburgh how's he going to be in NY? I'd make an offer for Faneca, but not break the bank. I'm sure there will be other options. I want value for the money. Not cheap, but value.

He's unhappy because they wont give him a long term deal.

He was brilliant in that Rams game, if he's double teaming with the center that's presumably because he's been assigned to double team with the center. There is no way in hell he does that without it being a designed play, the blocking around him doesn't help.

Faneca isn't know to be a great pass blocker, he's good at it but will make the odd mistake. He's far from a liability though. He is an elite run blocker though, notice that most of Pittsburghs big runs are to the left side and a lot of their good runs to the right are with Faneca pulling and setting them up, that is something he is great at.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8054e6e9

Watch this video of Najeh Davenports game vs St.Louis. Just watch how dominant Faneca is in run blocking and also notice the athletic ability to get downfield and pull to the right. He would work wonders for our line.

Watched and still not looking to pay that guy big money. Those were highlights and I'm not blown away. There was one nice pulling play, but Davenport didn't even follow him into the hole. He held his own, but I didn't see him blasting anybody downfield. I do not see dominance. There are a few plays, not sure if any are in the clip, where he just stands around when the play breaks. He's a nice player, but I think it would be a mistake to give him a giant long term contract. IMO, there will be other options.

Watched and still not looking to pay that guy big money. Those were highlights and I'm not blown away. There was one nice pulling play, but Davenport didn't even follow him into the hole. He held his own, but I didn't see him blasting anybody downfield. I do not see dominance. There are a few plays, not sure if any are in the clip, where he just stands around when the play breaks. He's a nice player, but I think it would be a mistake to give him a giant long term contract. IMO, there will be other options.

The fact of the matter is that even a 'nice player' at Left Guard could do wonders for this team right now. We have a human turnstile playing right now, if we don't address that position with a very good player I will be pissed.

Watch that video, take not that is John Henderson he is going up against. Not many guards control Handerson like that.

The 3rd lay especially, where he drives him 5 yards up field in the opposite direction Parker is running. That is amazing. Also see the ut block which springs the last run. Unbelievable.

How about drafting Michael Oher in the second? He's bigger than Faneca, athletic and a mauler. He would cost less, could play tackle or guard, and would improve with time (Faneca is only going to decline.) Seems like a better deal IMHO.

He's not proven though, it's easy to list out his physical abilities and hope he'll develop but the fact of the matter remains Alan Faneca has proven that he is as good as any guard in the league.

From Draftdaddy.com

Limas Sweed, Texas: Sweed doesn

Is Faneca a massive upgrade over what the Jets have? Yes.

Is he worth Hutchinson/Leonard Davis money? No.

Was Leonard Davis even worth Leonard Davis money before this year? No

Faneca is a multi pro-bowler who is a dominant run blocker and known as a team leader. He's the exact type of guy you'd want to stick between Brick and Mangold for the next 3-5 years.

The guys track record speaks for itself.

And what is it with this wide consensus that Faneca has lost a step? I just watched him manhandle John Henderson (arguably the best DT in football)last week.

I'm more than willing to make Faneca the highest paid OG in the NFL if that's what it takes to get him here. We're gonna have plenty of coin to spend in free agency and the O-line is in dire need to be upgraded.

Faneca is a multi pro-bowler who is a dominant run blocker and known as a team leader. He's the exact type of guy you'd want to stick between Brick and Mangold for the next 3-5 years.

And what is it with this wide consensus that Faneca has lost a step? I just watched him manhandle John Henderson (arguably the best DT in football)last week.

I'm more than willing to make Faneca the highest paid OG in the NFL if that's what it takes to get him here. We're gonna have plenty of coing to spend in free agency and the O-line is in dire need to be upgraded.

I don't think they want any more "team leaders" Especially not any that are as old as Mangini. That is a large part of the reason they dumped Mawae and Kendall. That and being expensive. Doesn't sound like the fit they are looking for.

I don't think they want any more "team leaders" Especially not any that are as old as Mangini. That is a large part of the reason they dumped Mawae and Kendall. That and being expensive. Doesn't sound like the fit they are looking for.

I don't think that had anything to do with why they dumped Mawae.

Mangini loves good charachter guys, Faneca fits that bill.

I'm more than willing to make Faneca the highest paid OG in the NFL if that's what it takes to get him here. We're gonna have plenty of coin to spend in free agency and the O-line is in dire need to be upgraded.

Exactly and also LG is much more a position of need for us than it was for either of those 2 teams. IMO we have to dish out the cash for this guy. Very rarely does an elite player become available in the main position of need, when it does a big offer must be made IMO.

I don't think that had anything to do with why they dumped Mawae.

Mangini loves good charachter guys, Faneca fits that bill.

Mawae's mouth had quite a bit to do with him getting dumped.

Faneca, big mouth, yapped about his contract, whined for an extension when his deal wasn't up, by his biggest fan's (you) account didn't play well because he was "unhappy" about his contract. Doesn't sound like who they are looking for. There was speculation that they have kept Baker off the active roster for a week because of his yapping to the press, can you imagine them breaking the bank for an old guard that cried about his contract? Especially when they just dumped one. It would be admitting their mistake. I think they'd burn a 1st or 2nd on one first. They don't like mouths and they don't like to admit they were wrong. I might sign him, but I don't see them busting the bank for him.

Mawae's mouth had quite a bit to do with him getting dumped.

Faneca, big mouth, yapped about his contract, whined for an extension when his deal wasn't up, by his biggest fan's (you) account didn't play well because he was "unhappy" about his contract. Doesn't sound like who they are looking for. There was speculation that they have kept Baker off the active roster for a week because of his yapping to the press, can you imagine them breaking the bank for an old guard that cried about his contract? Especially when they just dumped one. It would be admitting their mistake. I think they'd burn a 1st or 2nd on one first. They don't like mouths and they don't like to admit they were wrong. I might sign him, but I don't see them busting the bank for him.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a new contract when you have played as well as he has and given as much as he has for the Steelers over the years. I'd be pretty pissed too. Madden said it during a SNF game vs the Bengals, that pittsburgh were crazy not to give this guy a new deal.

If we do give him a big contract, then I'm sure he wont complain, before this incident he had done nothing that could be considered 'bad charachter'.

Not sure our FO drafts a RB with the way the roster currently looks and rightly so.

Trade down and collect some picks unless someone else catches their eye.

Senseless to draft a RB unless Jones is traded.

We need a playmaker on offence, Jones (31 next year which for RB's is ancient) IMO is not a playmaker, even when he is provided good blocking he isn't great at making people miss in the secondary.

If we got McFadden and Faneca IMO we would have one hell of a running game next season, which would also make it easier on Clemens. Jones just doesn't cut it for me, IMO he'll just be worse next year.

We need a playmaker on offence, Jones (31 next year which for RB's is ancient) IMO is not a playmaker, even when he is provided good blocking he isn't great at making people miss in the secondary.

If we got McFadden and Faneca IMO we would have one hell of a running game next season, which would also make it easier on Clemens. Jones just doesn't cut it for me, IMO he'll just be worse next year.

Too many other priorities. I doubt we just eat the trade and contract we invested in Jones to draft a RB.

Watch this video of Najeh Davenports game vs St.Louis. Just watch how dominant Faneca is in run blocking and also notice the athletic ability to get downfield and pull to the right. He would work wonders for our line.

what you fail to consider IJ is WHO the owner of this team is...we all sit on these boards year after year after year watching the parade of names go by our faces like starving homeless men in front of a bakery wishing WE would be the team that actually signs FA's who could help make the Jets better-unfortunately is just doesn't happen and I suspect it never will with this asshoole owner of ours

what you fail to consider IJ is WHO the owner of this team is...we all sit on these boards year after year after year watching the parade of names go by our faces like starving homeless men in front of a bakery wishing WE would be the team that actually signs FA's who could help make the Jets better-unfortunately is just doesn't happen and I suspect it never will with this asshoole owner of ours

I know.

I don't actually believe we'll draft McFadden or sign Faneca I just pray to God that we do.](*,)

Archived