Jets | Team has more than $27 million in salary cap space

Smizzy

Jets | Team has more than $27 million in salary cap space

Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:34:47 -0800

The Bergen Record reports the New York Jets have more than $27 million in salary cap space for 2008.

Nothing Sperm hasn't already told us but what do you think we should do with the money. (No, we can't use it to buy Asian strippers or Vietnamese prostitues...I checked)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing Sperm hasn't already told us but what do you think we should do with the money. (No, we can't use it to buy Asian strippers or Vietnamese prostitues...I checked)

If Penny is trade for a draft pick how much does our cap go up? Sperm?

A 60 million Clemens extension?

D-Rob?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsOL.html

Alan Faneca, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Faneca seems to be the most likely of this group to leave his current team. Rumors suggest that he plans on leaving after the season and contract extension talks have gone nowhere. Faneca is a quality guard who has started in five Pro Bowls and been selected as a first team All-Pro five times as well. He also still has some prime seasons of his career remaining. Faneca will receive the most interest at his position, could be the most coveted offensive linemen after the season, and should also be one of the most coveted players available in all of the NFL.

Suggs, a [highlight]WR[/highlight] and a beast OL, not Faneca (too small-I like elephants). Draft your impact D players.

Not likely to hit the market, but Crayton is a player!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

Patrick Crayton, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

With 516 receiving yards and four touchdowns in 2006, Patrick Crayton showed the Cowboys that they may have found Terry Glenn

andrews, asomugha, and suggs

I think Stacy Andrews should be our highest priority, assuming he doesn't resign with cinci. I was really hoping that the jets were going to sign him to a contract prior to this season even though it meant giving up our 2nd rounder, hindsight im glad we didn't becuase we wouldn't have gotten harris, but the point remains he is a beast. He is quite young, amazing athleticism for his size and is still getting a feel for football considering he only played 1 year of college football.

The one thing that i like the most about him is his versatility; he has started and excelled at LG and RT this year, which happen to be our two trouble spots on the oline. Either through FA or the draft something needs to be done to replace our human turnstile of a LG; Duke Robinson looked good in the Oklahoma game (a lot better than Phil Loadholt did, but i do beleive if he enters the draft he will be taken on his sheer potential alone) and i'm a big fan of Roy Scheuning.

Kiffin said that asoumgha will be staying whether through the franchise tag or contract extension; i for one think he is one of the most underrated CBs in the league, but wouldn't want to pay that money to have another #1 CB on our team. I think suggs benefitted from playing on an extremely talented defense and it showed this year. I do beleive he is a great talent, but he did have a down year as the rest of the team struggled. I personally would rather have gholston with the our first pick and if not than i am still high on tommy blake in the later rounds, but if those didnt pan out than i wouldnt be opposed for suggs.

This leads me to my big question that i have been trying to figure out for the last couple days. If we are on the clock and C.long, J.long, Gholston, McFadden and dorsey are gone who do we select?? Ellis doesn't fit the system and unless we trade vilma laurenitas isn't the pick. I don't think Kentwan Balmer will have that good of a combine to be taken that high, but that's another combine question. I personally can't answer this question until the combine, but if we had to do it right now and there couldn't be a trade i was thinking Jeff Otah. If i have to overpay for a player i'd rather do it on an area of extreme need rather than another CB or S. THe play of Abram Elam has taken phillips from my mind, so i was hoping that i would get the opinion from some of you guys. Who would you take in this situation and why?

Faneca is headed to Arizona based on all of the rumors that are out there... in addition his age is a concern to the Jets. As for Hackett that guy is the epitome of the walking wounded. Regardless this amount of cap space including the re-signing of Rhodes should allow the front office to upgrade the personnel on the Jets and get some game breakers

Faneca is headed to Arizona based on all of the rumors that are out there... in addition his age is a concern to the Jets. As for Hackett that guy is the epitome of the walking wounded. Regardless this amount of cap space including the re-signing of Rhodes should allow the front office to upgrade the personnel on the Jets and get some game breakers

If they don't sign any top tier free agents, then I'll think this regime and Woody are about as useless as it comes. You can't just build through the draft in the NFL anymore because by the time your players become good, they get rid of them.

Vilma was once a potential pro bowler. Same thing for Abe. Abe is gone and Vilma might be gone next year. So in a few years when Dbrick, Mangold, Revis and Harris hit their prime and are as good as advertised or better, will the Jets dump them too and start over?

Eventually you have to start using what talent you have and find ways to make other players better otherwise you will be starting over every damn year. Before this regime started, Vilma wasn't considered a useless NFL player. Say what you want but if he is traded and winds up a pro bowl player somewhere else, you have to start to wonder what this coaching staff is doing.

Building through the draft only works if you keep those players around not dump them in 4 years and start over every damn year.

Seriously, don't you have to work?

Prove me wrong... what has this coaching staff done to prove they can get the most out of players... its not like they will have a team like the Pats... they will need to actually coach this team to victories...

Prove me wrong... what has this coaching staff done to prove they can get the most out of players... its not like they will have a team like the Pats... they will need to actually coach this team to victories...

Seriously, don't you have a LeSabre to sell?

Seriously, you cant talk football like a grown man?

Sure, just not with a coward like you who disappears when his opinion get shot dead in the water. Then you hide so posters can't see you lurking online to perpetuate your bull**** excuse of selling cars 24/7.

Sure, just not with a coward like you who disappears when his opinion get shot dead in the water. Then you hide so posters can't see you lurking online to perpetuate your bull**** excuse of selling cars 24/7.

Shall I call the whhaaaammmmbulance???

Talk football or shut the hell up you idiot.

This is the FOOTBALL forum... not the Boozer bitching and whining forum.

Guys, I don't think I want Faneca, or really anyone from the Steelers line. Fanceca just gave up that last sack, and that live overall has been putrid all game.

I would rather draft some good Oline guys... problem is this staff isnt even great at that... they used a #4 pick on Brick... Mangold was a good... but easy choice...

Guys, I don't think I want Faneca, or really anyone from the Steelers line. Fanceca just gave up that last sack, and that live overall has been putrid all game.

They do look bad tonight but Big Ben looks worse than Eli Manning tonight.

They do look bad tonight but Big Ben looks worse than Eli Manning tonight.

Not at all... not even close... lol... Eli is on another level of ****... lol

Big Ben will lead a comeback that will fall short... they need the Bus!

ecurb - this coaching staff went 10-6 last year with a rag arm QB and smoke and mirrors on defense.

playing a game with chadwick at QB is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. this season he completely melted down in the 4th quarter. even a journeyman QB would have won 3-4 more games than chadwick.

if staff can win 10 games with a total lack of talent than i would say they should be able to at least repeat that feat with some talented FA additions.

ecurb - this coaching staff went 10-6 last year with a rag arm QB and smoke and mirrors on defense.

playing a game with chadwick at QB is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. this season he completely melted down in the 4th quarter. even a journeyman QB would have won 3-4 more games than chadwick.

if staff can win 10 games with a total lack of talent than i would say they should be able to at least repeat that feat with some talented FA additions.

Just stop it. Chad is the best QB in the game, this coaching regime just effed him up and ruined it for all of us. LEAVE CHAD ALONE!!!!!

WOOHOO a wildcard spot! Yay!

What about a Superbowl?

This coaching staff had the same team if not better this year... and they failed to improve... they played the wrong offense and defense... called the same bad plays for Kellen that they did for Chad...

The players played their hearts out and won 10 games last year... they played their hearts out and won less than half of that this year... thats a coaching issue...

They had...

Upgraded RB

Upgraded CB

Upgraded LB

Upgraded DL

They lost

Kendall

Just stop it. Chad is the best QB in the game, this coaching regime just effed him up and ruined it for all of us. LEAVE CHAD ALONE!!!!!

**** Chad

THis coaching staff couldnt even use Kellen properly... they suck... with any QB...

Cut your stupid bull**** and talk real football... leave your childish agenda at the door before you come back in.

Not at all... not even close... lol... Eli is on another level of ****... lol

Big Ben will lead a comeback that will fall short... they need the Bus!

They really have missed the Bus, he was just a great change of pace back to compliment FWP. Who they also really miss.

Archived