Why the hate?

Gainzo

I get really annoyed when people say there were no Pats fans before 2001.

Damn Susan, maybe it's time to grow a pair.

;)

Honestly though what do you expect, you're on a Jets message board. Basically your division rival who just bottomed out and had to watch your team make history. Flip the situation, you don't think there'd be Pat fans doing the same thing to Jet fans?

Sorry bro it just comes with the territory.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my hate of the pats started with Mumbles defection...it has nothing

to do with you or garb or will ferrell.

it also doesn't help living in VT and being surrounded by tons of bandwagon

and arrogant pat fans

when i lived in NC, the pats were just anotha team on jets schedule.

sorry to dissapoint you, i know you guys want to be the cause;)

Gainzo, as Bill Parcells would say. ''Take your high heel shoe's off son'' :P

It's just some friendly ball busting. we all know (or at least I know) you've had season tickets for over 15 years, so you're not a bandwagon fan. now Garb on the other hand, I don't know.

I lived in Boston throughout the Scotty Zolac, Tommmy Hodson years

Nobody went to SullivanFoxborough stadium for those games...as a matter of fact, no one liked the pats...It was a Sawx town then, as it is today

1) I was there. Sad times indeed.

2) People loved the Pats but were disgusted. Take a look 'round here for a point of reference or if your feeling nostalgic.

3) Screw the Sox. They are fast becomming second ......third even.....amongst the "wicked" sports crazed Boston fans.

I understand that all of you hate the Pats. I have no problem with that at all.

My question is why do me, Alk, PFSIKH and Garb get raked over the coals for being Pats fans?

This is a great board and I've met a lot of good people here. Just because Joe, Tyson, Brenda, Frank, etc are Jets fans doesn't make them bad people.

80 is probably the worse offender. He likes to call us "bandwagon" fans.

Raked over the coals? I don't see that happening here at all.

Sometimes PFSIKH will try and correlate being a Pats fan as automatically making him a superior authority on all things Jets and football related no matter what the subject.

Stumbling upon Tom Brady doesn't mean YOU are the last word on football subjects.

Other than those times he and the rest of you are just fine as posters/characters to most of the Jet fans here IMO.

I think you already knew that though.

We hate you because you're a whiny sod, not for being a Pats fan, although that is usually mutually exclusive, in addition to being a denizen of Boston, the worst city in the world filled with the biggest number of limp wristed douches in the world.

Don;t kid yourself Patty

It is a Sawx town...always was

The B's were bigger than the Pats back then

Today....bandwagoneers

It was certainly more of a Sox town then, for sure. Not anymore, Bubba. It's a new and improved Boston.

The Bruins are a complete joke now. The Celts have reinvented themselves. The Sox are what they are because of the media and the Pats reign supreme....and it's not bandwagon.....it's being loud and proud where once fans were just disgusted and the highlight of the game was the pre-game tailgate and catching a buzz......sound familiar to any of you? :)

It was certainly more of a Sox town then, for sure. Not anymore, Bubba. It's a new and improved Boston.

The Bruins are a complete joke now. The Celts have reinvented themselves. The Sox are what they are because of the media and the Pats reign supreme....and it's not bandwagon.....it's being loud and proud where once fans were just disgusted and the highlight of the game was the pre-game tailgate and catching a buzz......sound familiar to any of you? :)

a bit diff

jets have always had a waiting list for tickets no matter how bad they sucked, i'm sure the pats back then were probably blacked out in Bahstan in those days and pats jerseys were used for waxing the car

a bit diff

jets have always had a waiting list for tickets no matter how bad they sucked, i'm sure the pats back then were probably blacked out in Bahstan in those days and pats jerseys were used for waxing the car

....waiting list, eh? All that proves is that Jets fans like to drink more and that tickets are cheap. :P

I agree. At some point in the future, the Pats will be as bad as we are now, will we be better? Hopefully. I look forward to it.

To be honest, I don't hate the Pats fans here. I've met a couple of them, and they're sound.

And let's face it, if both teams situations were reversed, don't you think more than a few of us feel we could be more than just a little arrogant?

Not really, I'm a yankee's fan. I think it just has to do with the person. If they are normally arrogant in life they will also be about a team they like if they win. Actually most arrogant people seem to be bandwaggon fans.

let's see: because you're our #1 rival, you're enjoying a period of unparalleled success, you have a bastion of fair weather fans (as would most teams after the run you've had), coverage of your team and it's players (brady, bruschi) monopolize the airwaves, peter king can't stop chattering about you after snorting his daily espresso, every negative is brushed aside (spygate, babygate, mistressgate) so as to not harm the "historic" story, unfair that media accuses yankees of "buying their championships" when that's exactly what pats are trying to do this year, pattern of perceived lopsided officiating seemingly always in your favor at the pivotal moment necessary to preserve your perfect season, you coach is a an arrogant slob who bailed on us showing little to no class, your team is in boston.

whether you agree with these or not, i think it's ridiculous that people wonder why us jets fans hate you.

nothing wrong with that is there;)

pats were an afterthought in bahstan, maybe not by you and gainzo

incorrect.

Love how people that don't live here try telling me what is going on in Boston.

Assmop lives in Vermont - may as well be the moon or planet "birkenstock, smell like cow feces weird folk" and JonEJet lives in redneck, 'gimme my grits, Nascar country.

:P, and....:box:

All that said, who cares why some here may hate the Pats fans. ;)

incorrect.

Love how people that don't live here try telling me what is going on in Boston.

Assmop lives in Vermont - may as well be the moon or planet "birkenstock, smell like cow feces weird folk" and JonEJet lives in redneck, 'gimme my grits, Nascar country.

:P, and....:box:

All that said, who cares why some here may hate the Pats fans. ;)

earth to garb

we do not exist...we are figments of your imagination.... which is telling you

to log on to a Jests MB rather than the bandwagon patsfans4life;).com

with that said:pats:

btw you would look good in some birkenstocks!!!

earth to garb

we do not exist...we are figments of your imagination.... which is telling you

to log on to a Jests MB rather than the bandwagon patsfans4life;).com

with that said:pats:

btw you would look good in some birkenstocks!!!

....oh, yah.....this is all a bunch pooh....;)

I'd rather stab myself in the eye than wear birkenstocks. It takes every ounce of my being to trudge through the winter slosh in my Sorrel boots. Ugly as sin those things.

We hate you because you're a whiny sod, not for being a Pats fan, although that is usually mutually exclusive, in addition to being a denizen of Boston, the worst city in the world filled with the biggest number of limp wristed douches in the world.

POTW nomination.

Raked over the coals? I don't see that happening here at all.

Sometimes PFSIKH will try and correlate being a Pats fan as automatically making him a superior authority on all things Jets and football related no matter what the subject.

Stumbling upon Tom Brady doesn't mean YOU are the last word on football subjects.

Other than those times he and the rest of you are just fine as posters/characters to most of the Jet fans here IMO.

I think you already knew that though.

I am sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes. ;)

I am sorry your Chadwick PJs are worthless because I was correct for the last 4 years that Chad was an average QB at best. :box:

BTW please show me examples of this?

I am sorry your Chadwick PJs are worthless because I was correct for the last 4 years that Chad was an average QB at best. :box:

I think this post pretty much answers the question posed in the thread. No more work to be done here.

Exhibit A supplied by you. What, you think that you are the only person on a Jet board who realized AFTER 2002 that Chad wasn't what Jet fans, the Jets FO and Pats fans though he was?

I havent thought the NE fans that frequent here are all that bad per se. Gainzo has by far been the best of the bunch though, very few times have I noticed him being unruly or combative.

Alk is just .........Alk I guess, in a good way though. Whats the deal with his hair and outfit?

PFSIKH and I have had our words months ago, but no harm-no foul.

Garb, .......eh........not enough data to say since she never replies to my posts.

PatriotReign, not exactly the best option to converse with.

Whaler, well hes trollish.

Never got to witness TX in action, so I dont know about him.

Others that dont come to mind at the moment dont post enough to warrent mentioning I guess. There are so many other arrogant NE fans everywhere you turn that the few good ones get the heat unjustly. But I do hate the Patriots with every fiber of my being though.

Exhibit A supplied by you. What, you think that you are the only person on a Jet board who realized AFTER 2002 that Chad wasn't what Jet fans, the Jets FO and Pats fans though he was?

No, I am pretty sure Tex and I were one of the few voices of reason saying that his one great season does not mean he will be a HoFer. There were very few Jets fans not drinking the kool-aid back then. How could there not be? For the first time in 30+ years you have QB that might be great.

We go by ''lolsc's'' around here these days, the smiley is so 2006.

I guess I should have paid the membership fee. Maybe then I would have gotten the memo. Mea culpa!

I don’t mind any Pats fans on this board except sometimes that Patriots reign 37 guy, I don’t like when people say ‘we aren’t going to lose’ before a game. It just comes across as total arrogance.

HAHA Thank you. I mean that too.

Hey, the Pats wont lose. They are too good.

HAHA Thank you. I mean that too.

Hey, the Pats wont lose. They are too good.

just make sure when they lose to colts you are on patsfan.com or patriot planet or whatever pats fans sign into these days , cause i am going to have

5 minutes of fun!!!!!!!

Archived