Why the hate?

Gainzo

I understand that all of you hate the Pats. I have no problem with that at all.

My question is why do me, Alk, PFSIKH and Garb get raked over the coals for being Pats fans?

This is a great board and I've met a lot of good people here. Just because Joe, Tyson, Brenda, Frank, etc are Jets fans doesn't make them bad people.

80 is probably the worse offender. He likes to call us "bandwagon" fans.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is why do me, Alk, PFSIKH and Garb get raked over the coals for being Pats fans?

This is a great board and I've met a lot of good people here. Just because Joe, Tyson, Brenda, Frank, etc are Jets fans doesn't make them bad people.

When do I ever call you guys bandwagon fans?

I call Patriot fans in general bandwagon fans, because they are!

I enjoy the posting of the posters listed.

When do I ever call you guys bandwagon fans?

I call Patriot fans in general bandwagon fans, because they are!

I enjoy the posting of the posters listed.

Someone quoted one of your posts that said Pats fans were riding the bandwagon. Are their bandwagon fans? Of course there are. Am I one of them? No f'n way.

Garb, PFSIKH and Alk are the same way.

I get really annoyed when people say there were no Pats fans before 2001.

Someone quoted one of your posts that said Pats fans were riding the bandwagon. Are their bandwagon fans? Of course there are. Am I one of them? No f'n way.

I don't remember any of you at JetNation before 2001.

Bandwagoner.

up in Bangor the amount has grown by 100x atleast.

it's a sad state of affairs.

Dude you could sleep on the metal benches in Foxboro Stadium :lol:

Don't take my attack on the Patriot fanbase as an attack on you.. I know what your deal is (and according to 124 it has something to do with kid touching...)

Yeah and I think I said the same thing back then. Besides, have I ever denied being a Husker fan since they've started sucking?

No but the fact you changed your name to plain "alk" speaks volumes of the thought process of Patriot fans everywhere.

Dude you could sleep on the metal benches in Foxboro Stadium :lol:

Don't take my attack on the Patriot fanbase as an attack on you.. I know what your deal is (and according to 124 it has something to do with kid touching...)

No worries. I spoke with 124 tonight and he had your back so you are good in my book.

Those metal benches at Foxboro? I miss them.

The actions I took regarding my username (which also happens to be my nickname in real life that 90% of the people I know refer to me as) reflects on the entire Patriots fan base? Gotcha. Why don't you just admit it. It was the RIP Tupac thread wasn't it? :lol:

Nobody says those things about Pac!!

B000005Z0I.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Do any of them troll 52 weeks per year on a Patsie board? Just askin...seriously.

what am i, chopped liver? :lol:

although i had always wanted to be an "etc" so thanks for that....! ;)

i still think you are a bad bad man.. :mrgreen:

i love football more then any other sport, but i find that some people take things too seriously.

NOW that being said... i know people will jump over me and tell me that i take things seriously at times... and i do... BUT they are not football related... and that is different

heh.

bilde?Site=FD&Date=20080103&Category=GJNEWS02&ArtNo=523847800&Ref=AR&MaxW=250

Loyalty goes to his head: Laconia fan wears his Pats' pride on his skull

When it comes to being a fanatic about his team even the most ardent New England Patriots fans would likely agree that Victor Thompson is a head above the rest ... literally.

Thompson, 39, a longtime Laconia resident, wanted to pay homage to the team's recent completion of a perfect season and Sunday's victory against the New York Giants prompted him to turn his shaved skull into the canvas with which to voice his appreciation for their dominance.

On Monday Thompson made his way from his Winter Street apartment around the corner to House of Tattoos to get a full sized Patriots emblem permanently emblazoned on the side of his head.

The inking process took about one and a half hours and is part of an overall goal that has Thompson set on turning his entire head into a replica of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's helmet.

He has plans to get an identical emblem on the other side of his head and Brady's number 12 on the back of his skull.

Thompson isn't shy about the fact that he got the idea to turn his head into a helmet while serving time in prison where he watched all of their games in past seasons.

He's watched every game this year and knew that the combination of Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss would allow them to go unbeaten.

"I got the tattoo because they are 16 and 0. They are going to win the whole thing this year," said a confident Thompson.

The loyal fan grew up in Lowell, Massachusetts and has been watching the Patriots all his life.

After a disappointing finish last year that didn't see the Patriots making the Super Bowl, he said he is sure they will go all the way this year and mark an unprecedented 19-0 season.

"They are going to make up for it this year. I know they are going undefeated with Brady and Moss ... they are the team," said Thompson with a smile.

If they do win the "big one," Thompson has aspirations of getting the Vince Lombardi Trophy tattooed across the top of his head to cap the living shrine he is creating.

When asked if it hurt to have a needle repeatedly hammering into his scalp, Thompson relied: "I didn't even feel it ... I could just hear the machine buzzing and he said the outline was done."

Thompson admitted that he did feel a strange sensation when "Gary" from House of Tattoos began filling in the red and blue that make up the Pat the Patriot emblem.

He said more than few people have given him looks and probably questioned his sanity, but he said he doesn't care in the least.

"This is my support for the Patriots."

Thompson has never actually attended a Patriots game, but said he has always wanted to.

He said he could grow out his hair if he wishes to cover up the tattoos, but assured he has no plans to do that.

GO COLTS!

Of course there were fans before 2001. They might not have been outspoken like they are now, but there were fans. I think most people don't dislike you guys. I know they dislike the franchise because of all the shady things Kraft and the team has done. And you guys have to admit that the calls do seem to go their way. It's just the nature of sports do hate a team that has done as well as the Pats have. I remember when Marino was doing really well, I have to admit I rooted for Steve Grogan to beat them. I hated the Phins as much as I hate the Pats now. Sports are a cycle. The Pats will suck again. It just seems the jets keep getting stuck in the spin cycle.

I have no problem at all with most of you guys despite the fact that I hate you’re team. I really don’t like a lot of Pats fans quite simply because over here, anyone getting into the NFL always choose them as their team because they are considered the best. So you can imagine how annoying these so called fans get.

I don’t mind any Pats fans on this board except sometimes that Patriots reign 37 guy, I don’t like when people say ‘we aren’t going to lose’ before a game. It just comes across as total arrogance.

I am not a frequent poster and I am a pretty reasonable guy but I have never hated a team like I hate the Pats. Maybe it's because of Belly's breaking his contract and refusing to coach our team, and then going on to win multiple super bowls. Maybe it's the way he treated Mangini when he was only doing what was best for his career, something Belly did many times. Maybe it's because of the arrogance that led to spygate. Maybe it's because of the smug Pat fans who act like their team was the model franchise when before Brady this team had less of a history than the Jets. And now this year, with the Jets sucking unexpectedly, and the Pats going through a 16-0 season, it has become a perfect storm of hatred. I always felt much worse over a Jet loss than any other football result but this year I found myself just as upset over a Pats win. When they were seemingly stopped on 4th and 1 in Baltimore, seemingly losing the game, only to be saved by the sideline time out, and then getting a holding call on 4th and 5 to help them win, I was more angry then any Jet loss this year. If they win the super bowl I will be physically ill. If this hatred spills over to Pat fans on this board it should be understandable. I come here for some commisseration with fellow sufferers and it's pretty hard to take seeing posters who relish New England's success. That being said, I hope you and your families are healthy, but yes, I hate you Pat fans and I can't help it. Childish, petty, maybe, but it is the way it is.

Of course there were fans before 2001. They might not have been outspoken like they are now, but there were fans. I think most people don't dislike you guys. I know they dislike the franchise because of all the shady things Kraft and the team has done. And you guys have to admit that the calls do seem to go their way. It's just the nature of sports do hate a team that has done as well as the Pats have. I remember when Marino was doing really well, I have to admit I rooted for Steve Grogan to beat them. I hated the Phins as much as I hate the Pats now. Sports are a cycle. The Pats will suck again. It just seems the jets keep getting stuck in the spin cycle.

I agree. At some point in the future, the Pats will be as bad as we are now, will we be better? Hopefully. I look forward to it.

To be honest, I don't hate the Pats fans here. I've met a couple of them, and they're sound.

And let's face it, if both teams situations were reversed, don't you think more than a few of us feel we could be more than just a little arrogant?

I got no problems with any of you.

The Pats on the other hand. Well that is a different story all together.

I have probably debated, agreed, battled with most of you folks for the better part now of about six years.

Considering how this year has gone you guys could have been alot worse. :P

Archived