Suggs want to play for Az -- MERGED

K2C

Like I've mentioned before, if it's only about the money, we might have a shot at these high profile guys. But, if there's a team in the same ball park money wise and is looked up as a contending team, he ain't coming here.

Seriously, if you're in the prime of your career and are looking for the money and a possible ring, are you coming to the Jets?

you are kidding me right!

he nevah was going to come here!!!

He played college at AZ state i believe.

Yes he did. There are plenty of athletes that will go somewhere else if the money is right though.

I see your point about him wanting to go back home, but only time will tell.

At the end of the article it states that the Cardinals have said, so far, that they will not pursue any high priced free agents and that Suggs will be getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million per season.

Both the Jets and Cardinals have plenty of cap space, but I'm sure Suggs would give the Cardinals a "hometown" deal just so that he could play once again in Arizona.

Remember, its January, so its still very, very early and free agency does not begin until March. A lot of things could change between now and then.

and again Suggs was never coming here not because he wants to play in AZ, but because we would never pay him $$$ to play here.

Though the Jets have been wholly unsuccessful in FA, I believe they offered good money to the CB Winfield before he up and ran to Minny. I think the Jets will pay the dime for the right player.

relax, he didn't sign anywhere, Arizona has a lot of FA of there own to start Calvin Pace, Bryant Johnson, KARLOS DANSBY, and the word is Faneca will be a Cardinal, so where will they get the money for all them plus Suggs, even if he does, give me KARLOS DANSBY.

relax, he didn't sign anywhere, Arizona has a lot of FA of there own to start Calvin Pace, Bryant Johnson, KARLOS DANSBY, and the word is Faneca will be a Cardinal, so where will they get the money for all them plus Suggs, even if he does, give me KARLOS DANSBY.

Dansby played the middle in the 3-4 out there and I have been reading that he improved a lot as the season wore on. He also lead them in interceptions so he can cover well also.

Like I've mentioned before, if it's only about the money, we might have a shot at these high profile guys. But, if there's a team in the same ball park money wise and is looked up as a contending team, he ain't coming here.

Seriously, if you're in the prime of your career and are looking for the money and a possible ring, are you coming to the Jets?

Depends on the individual.

If you are a young single guy, New York seems like a pretty good spot.

If your a family guy, Indy or KC might be your thing.

Let's face it, it's going to be a hard sell to get any premium free agents to sign with the Jets. Since we are nowhere close to winning anything, the only lure we have is money, and I'm not sure I want anyone who just is coming for the money.

We need to build with the draft until we become a contender and then fill in the holes with FAs. It's the only way to be a lasting winner.

Depends on the individual.

If you are a young single guy, New York seems like a pretty good spot.

If your a family guy, Indy or KC might be your thing.

Suggs would be an incredible addition but I would be almost as pleased with Nnamdi Asomougha.

Any player that could improve this team and be a factor not just in 2008 but in 2009 and future years should be looked at no matter who and how much the player is worth. This team needs to build, build and then build some more and become a contender who will compete for years. All these bandaids are just a tease to fans and another year that were set back from truly being a championship caliber team.

Archived