Not impressed with Tony Romo at all

Matt39

He's been an avg QB the end of the past two seasons. Who knows if he gets tired or teams get used to him, but for whatever reason as Jan approaches, he seems to be less impressive. At least his first two years as a starter.

And what will the Cowboys say now? They wanted Parcells out cause he didn't win them a playoff game. Great so bring in a guy who is now what, 0-4 in the Playoffs.

In 2 years he will be irrelevant. Nobody, especially Jessica Simpson, will have any idea who he is. Right now he is basically a pop star, not an NFL QB. He does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

This guy is all giggles and smiles as his players drop passes. Then when he starts getting pressured he starts acting like a child going on a tantrum, arguing with officials and making a big show for the cameras. Then he makes stupid decisions for when to throw the ball away, all you have to do is throw it NEAR someone and you won't get called for it in the pocket, and outside of the pocket just flick it out of bounds to avoid the sack.

I cannot believe some of you guys that are knocking Romo...maybe Cowboy fans wish they had Pennington or Clemens...:rolleyes:

People knock QB's all the time after they lose in the playoffs. Why should Romo be any different? Peyton was called a ton of things over the years and if they didn't win last season, I bet he'd be getting killed today.

It is what it is. The QB gets all the credit and all the blame.

Romo could be a good QB, he does have some intangibles, but so far in two playoff games, he's been an avg QB, if that. The Cowboys were in this game today because Barber could never go down.

Who knows but for the past 3-4 weeks Romo has looked unimpressive. The same thing can be said last season. He seems to fade down the stretch while other guys get hot. Say what you want about Eli, but over the past 3 games, he's done a very good job against 3 playoff teams.

Until Romo wins a playoff game, he'll be a guy who can't win the big game.

One year wonder???

He's only been a starter for one and a half years you tool, how the hell can you dub him a one year wonder???

He's done nothing but play at a pro-bowl level since becoming a starter.

He is a Pro Bowl QB that is no doubt. But it seems his playoff games have left a lot to be desired. But those things can change over the years as long as the Cowboys keep getting to the playoffs.

What's funny to me is if it were a Giants vs Chargers super bowl. Eli Manning vs Philip Rivers.. I guess both teams would have thought they made out on that deal, even though the Chargers got a few more players out of it.

It still falls on him for not leading his team in the playoffs to a win especially at home=you had to make the stinking Giants win !

The QB's get too much of the credit and too much of the blame.

He cannot be put to blame for that loss, the team as a whole was outplayed IMO.

The QB's get too much of the credit and too much of the blame.

He cannot be put to blame for that loss, the team as a whole was outplayed IMO.

I don't think they were outplayed at all.

What was the time of possession in that game?

I believe the two reasons I cited (key drops, shady refs) are the reasons they lost. The Giants didn't outplay them...they barely had the damn football.

I believe the two reasons I cited (key drops, shady refs) are the reasons they lost. The Giants didn't outplay them...they barely had the damn football.

Outplayed may be a bit of an overstatement but overall when you factor in special teams and clutch plays etc. The better team won.

Shady refs???

Most of the desicions were legit IMO. Some of the penalties the Chargers got in the Colts game were outrageous.

Shady refs???

Most of the desicions were legit IMO. Some of the penalties the Chargers got in the Colts game were outrageous.

The penalties were like 10-2 in favor of the Giants.

I'll never understand the NFL's lovefest with the boring-ass, ****ty Giants. It's bad enough we have to watch them stink up primetime television 5 times a ****ing year. Now, we could once again have them in the Super Bowl to get slaughtered by a far superior team.

I'll never understand the NFL's lovefest with the boring-ass, ****ty Giants. It's bad enough we have to watch them stink up primetime television 5 times a ****ing year. Now, we could once again have them in the Super Bowl to get slaughtered by a far superior team.

I know that the Cowboys had more pens but they were legit, that's my point.

The Cowboys seemed to rack up a lot of penalties this season so it wasn't just a one game thing. I really didn't see anything the refs did today that changed the game.

The reality is the Cowboys went on a 20 play 11 minute 90+ yard drive to take a 14-7 lead with like 50 seconds left in the first half. They basically held the ball for most of the first half with two 90+ yard drives. Barber was destroying the Giants defense.

And then the Giants went down the field, the Cowboys made a stupid facemask penalty, and Eli threw a TD. That was the biggest difference in this game. After a 20 play drive where they went like 6 for 6 on third downs against the "vaunted improved" Giants defense, the Cowboys couldn't even go into halftime with a lead. If they stop them or hold them to a FG, it's probably a different game. After that, it was almost like the Cowboys just didn't know what to do to knock the Giants out. And 3 points in the second half kind of proved they lost that mojo and confidence.

That drive to tie it at 14 was the game changer today. The Cowboys were done after that. Yeah there still was another half, but when you can't even go into halftime with a lead after basically dominating the Giants defense and controlling the ball for most of the first half, the mind starts to lose a ton of confidence that you can actually win. And the Giants confidence couldn't have been higher. Go figure it was a 7-3 second half and a pound it out kind of game.

The Cowboys dominated the first half, but they were already beaten in the second half.

The "Boys" were definitely outplayed in the second half of the game.

Archived