Jets Release CB Dyson and WR McCareins, Waive G Clarke

Smizzy

I would be OK with Miller starting there but they should probably stop using him on returns and just let him focus on Defense. He might make it through a season then.

I wouldn't be happy at all. he's absolutely horrible in coverage. We need an upgrade now that Dyson is gone.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, did Dyson have a threesome with Mangini and Tannebaum's wives in the offseason of 06???

Never understood why he didnt play that much in 07 after he had a very solid 06 IMO...

Dyson played very well in 2006. He had some injuries in 2007. This could be a bad move unless he had a career crippling injury in 2007. If Dyson did have a threesome, he should have taken pictures for blackmail and he would still be employed just like Isiah.

J-Mac had the tools to become a good WR.

Just sayin.

I doubt Miller will ever be a reliable CB TBH.

Jmac had everything but hands. Decent speed and was able to get open which in the end just made it worse. If he couldn't get open then he wouldn't of dropped all those passes.

I think catching can only be coached so much. At his point in his career I dont think he could of been coached to catch better.

Miller just needs to make better decisions. he has the speed and size and can hit.

Jmac had everything but hands. Decent speed and was able to get open which in the end just made it worse. If he couldn't get open then he wouldn't of dropped all those passes.

I think catching can only be coached so much. At his point in his career I dont think he could of been coached to catch better.

Miller just needs to make better decisions. he has the speed and size and can hit.

Even so his technique in coverage is just not good at all, maybe he could develop into something but personally I doubt it.

Even so his technique in coverage is just not good at all, maybe he could develop into something but personally I doubt it.

This is the part where we have to have faith in the FO to have plans to for the position.

This is the part that scares me the most.

the writing was on the wall...

i know everyone but me hated him.. but i just felt he had it in him to be something better then he performed.

maybe he will be like sideline santana, and go somewhere and do well..

bye bye #81...

i know everyone but me hated him.. but i just felt he had it in him to be something better then he performed.

bye bye #81...

You were not alone. I was a big JMac fan and honestly thought he'd have a decent year. I even posted that here. Sadly I was VERY wrong. He's better off going somewhere else. Adios #81.

I always liked J-Mac. Class guy who played decent when he started but didn't stand a chance from day one as soon as Mangini got here. Not saying he's great, but he's a hell of a lot better than what he's had the chance to show over the past couple of seasons. Too many mistakes in the limited opportunities he was given sealed his fate. I think he'll be solid elsewhere.

I always liked J-Mac. Class guy who played decent when he started but didn't stand a chance from day one as soon as Mangini got here. Not saying he's great, but he's a hell of a lot better than what he's had the chance to show over the past couple of seasons. Too many mistakes in the limited opportunities he was given sealed his fate. I think he'll be solid elsewhere.

He underperformed from day one, including under Herm. He made one nice catch against MIA a few years back and has been living off of it. The fact is he isn't nearly as fast as he was advertised and he has a bad case of the dropsies. Good riddance already.

He underperformed from day one, including under Herm. He made one nice catch against MIA a few years back and has been living off of it. The fact is he isn't nearly as fast as he was advertised and he has a bad case of the dropsies. Good riddance already.

Consecutive 700 yd seasons under Herm and then straight to the bench under Mangini. Again, before some lunatic fails to read what I'm actually saying and accuses me of putting J-Mac in Canton, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that I think he was a solid player and a good person who is far better than what we have seen of him over the past two seasons.

Again, I'm surprised by the release of Dyson. The only justification I can think of for his release is that he was in Mangini's doghouse during the 2007, supposedly. Also, he was injuried for the most part of the season. Still, he was the teams best Cornerback by far during the 2006 season and is a better option than David Barrett, who is still on this f'ing team. :shock:

Again, I'm surprised by the release of Dyson. The only justification I can think of for his release is that he was in Mangini's doghouse during the 2007, supposedly. Also, he was injuried for the most part of the season. Still, he was the teams best Cornerback by far during the 2006 season and is a better option than David Barrett, who is still on this f'ing team. :shock:

If David Barrett is starting on his team next season then i give up.

I agree 124....the Jets still have Barrett and Poteat over Dyson.... please do not say a financial decision. This doghouse stuff is getting old

I think of the movie Major League ,every time I think of Woody & this team Tyson. You remember ,the owner who hired the worst players & sat up in the luxory box thinking of ways to make the team worse and got pissed every time the team won a game.

bye bye #81...

You know I was pulling for him bigtime up til this year too GG as he was a homeboy and I've watched him play since HS. If being a nice guy, class act, and total team player/giver put any points on the board this story would have ended different. But it doesn't. His problem is confidence or lack thereof and I don't know if he ever gets that back. He might have another chance to contribute somewhere but it will have to be a cannon arm QB scenario where he can deep route. Good luck Justin - you're a good guy - glad I never bought your jersey.

Archived