DRob to the Bengals for 4th & 5th rd picks?

Johnnybones

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Terry Bradway.

I'm disappointed with the compensation, but obviously DRob's stupid contract drove his trade value down. Oh well. The more high profile Bradway blunders gone, the happier I am with the NYJ's.

So this gives us 9 picks total this year?

I can't imagine the Jets trading out of the 6th spot now to stockpile more picks.

They could still trade down, then use their abundance of picks to trade back up if they see something they like. In two years with these guys, though, I get the impression that they prefer one impact player to multiple role players. Tanny likes dealing, so I'm sure they'll be listening to offers of every sort on draft day.

This is SOP. CIN wouldn't have negotiated a trade for Robertson if they didnt already have some talks with his agent about a new deal. Same situation as the Jets with Jenkins.

I like this trade but I think the Jets could have waited and gotten a bit more. After the Rogers thing (losing him to a division rival) CIN was in somewhat of a bind. And with Rogers, Jenkins, Williams and Stroud already gone then maybe DT has become more of a seller's market? Anyway, its nitpicking. I like that the Jets are moving quickly to revamp the roster. Hopefully, the next announcement is the resigning of Rhodes, though the timing of the Robertson deal may indicate Pace is next? Regardless, this is fun stuff.

I agree that it's SOP. That's why it bothered me to read it in the article. It's often the case and rarely reported. I suppose the press didn't want to get burned if the Bengals **** up again.

The Jets might not have been able to wait too long because they may need the space if they are actually trying to sign Woody, Pace AND Gay.

Initially I was hoping for a bit more for him, but the way the market looks this off season I guess you guys are right. That's the value.

The main thing was getting rid of his fat contract anyway. But Poluha better get going this season, because Jenkins is going to need a breather now and again.

after we got jenkins and then extended pouha, drob was a gonna. i think the best thing isn't the picks we got for him but the money we are going to save. Last year we traded a lot of day two picks to move back up and I think we will again. That, or people will trade up with us for 2009 year picks.

Hey take it easy on Dbrick... oh wait... this was another 4th overall that hasnt worked out to expectations... lol ****...

"The" sa that it takes about three ears for Guards to really settle in to the Pro game. So the upcoming season will be the one for D'Brick. I think he'll be much better with Faneca on the line next to him. :Typotux:

Nah..I meant complaining that they sent him off. Cant complain about a FO sending off a guy who didnt produce, regardless of what you think about him. Be that D-rob, Vilma, **Pennington**, or whoever on this team.

If they dont produce for the team, get 'em out. I could care less if they win MVP on another team, as long as whoever we bring in does better for us.

They produced, the problem was, they didn't fit our change from 4/3 to 3/4 and thereby were limited as to the production realized. Both Vilma and D'Rob are stellar players and and I for one, wish them well with their new teams. They both played as well as they could without complaining that they were not suited for the task at hand. They went to the drawing board and studied the plays and executed as well as the could for the team and their coaches. The NFL needs more players like them if they ever hope to shed the negative image (being that of lawbreakers) of the league.:bag:

They produced, the problem was, they didn't fit our change from 4/3 to 3/4 and thereby were limited as to the production realized. Both Vilma and D'Rob are stellar players and and I for one, wish them well with their new teams. They both played as well as they could without complaining that they were not suited for the task at hand. They went to the drawing board and studied the plays and executed as well as the could for the team and their coaches. The NFL needs more players like them if they ever hope to shed the negative image (being that of lawbreakers) of the league.:bag:

They were fine. I think "stellar" is a bit kind though, for either of them, even in the 4-3.

Good move getting two picks for D-Rob considering his contract situation. He was a solid player that will be missed by me and I wish him the best with Cincy. May he have a long and productive career in a 4-3 defense, where he belongs.

Our front office is on fire right now, if all these moves pan out we just might be able to do get back to contention next year.

What a jole

We'll be lucky to get training camp fodder for a serviceable player

Horrible, horrible deal imo

Look at it as addition by subtraction. We lose his albatross money and get something of value back. Look at it as Jenkins for D-Rob and it looks better that way too.

not to change subjects, but does anyone else think the browns run D is going to be pretty damn good next year? I have them winning that division without question.

They signed Rogers, and Stroud (?, it was another big DT). I'm not sure who they have at Linebacker, and know their secondary is sort of week, but the Brownies look to be in a very nice position in 2008. If they can unload Quinn, which is still very possible come draft day, they will have another difference maker out there. They've turned into the 'other' team to watch this year.

You have to take each deal for what it is worth

We lose vima and Drob for 2 4th's and a 5th

Whoooopeee

Vilma also garnered us at least a 3rd next season. So look at it like this:

Vilma and D-Rob for Kris Jenkins, 10+ million in cap room (Faneca), and a couple of draft picks.

For two guys who no longer fit the scheme and contracts were either expiring or had to be gotten rid of anyway, I'll take it.

not to change subjects, but does anyone else think the browns run D is going to be pretty damn good next year? I have them winning that division without question.

They signed Rogers, and Stroud (?, it was another big DT). I'm not sure who they have at Linebacker, and know their secondary is sort of week, but the Brownies look to be in a very nice position in 2008. If they can unload Quinn, which is still very possible come draft day, they will have another difference maker out there. They've turned into the 'other' team to watch this year.

The Browns picked up Rogers and Corey Williams from the Packers. Stroud went to the Jills.

Considering better DT's went for a 3rd and a 5th, this is a GREAT trade for a DT with a bum knee...

Jenkins,4th rd, 5th rd, pouha >>>>>>>>>>> Drob, 3rd rd, 5th rd, Pouha

I agree with you.

Who knows, the Jets might be working on moving up in the draft...maybe getting two 2nd round picks.

It's a good deal for us.

Look at it as addition by subtraction. We lose his albatross money and get something of value back. Look at it as Jenkins for D-Rob and it looks better that way too.

Exactly, we essentially traded D-Rob and a Third for Jenkins and a 4th (i'm just doing simple math here and canceling the 5ths, I realize value chart wise it may be a little different). Not a bad deal at all.

Thats right, no one decent has ever been drafted in the 4th or 5th round.

In the three years before last (when the Jets had no 4th or 5th round picks):

2006:

4 6 103 Brad Smith WR Missouri

4 20 117 Leon Washington RB Florida State

2005:

4 22 123 Kerry Rhodes DB Louisville

5 25 161 Andre Maddox DB North Carolina State

2004:

4 12 108 Jerricho Cotchery WR North Carolina State

4 36 132 Adrian Jones T Kansas

5 11 143 Erik Coleman DB Washington State

All in all, not a bad haul in these rounds. Rhodes, Cotchery, and Washington are three of the team's best players right now, and Brad Smith's a contributor. Coleman and Jones served as starters before departing. And really, Maddox was an injury problem, not a talent problem (that we know of).

I think it's likely that these picks are chips to trade up, but it doesn't look to me like it would be a bad thing if they were used right where they are.

Archived