And with the 36th pick in the NFL Draft, The NY Jets select.....

doubt cherlius will be there. Otherwise i'm all for it. It would be nice to line him up next to Blaylock...oh wait, we don't have blalock, we have a 30 year old running back. Fun.

We wouldn't have drafted Blalock anyway, if we kept the pick Harris would have been drafted there.

It really depends on what we done at #6.

If we drafted McFadden then I'd expect us to draft a defensive player. Maybe a CB or a LB. However, if we draft Gholston or a defensive player I'd expect us to look for Hardy/Thomas/Stewart or whoever there is available. I expect us to address both sides of the ball with our first 2 picks.

We wouldn't have drafted Blalock anyway, if we kept the pick Harris would have been drafted there.

You are probably right, although we would have saved an abundance of picks taking Harris with that original pick, instead of the Jones Disaster. This thread isn't really about that anyway, but it would have been nice to have taken Blalock. I'm not much for guarnatees, but i bet we'd have a worse draft pick this year had we taken Blalock at some point.

With the Jets 2nd round pick? Who would you like to see them draft?

I vote for Gosder Cherlius RT Boston College(D. Woody is not a tackle)

Very good player but they got 5 OL with long-term big money contracts (people seem to forget that Moore got a new contract last year for 6 years) so if they pick a RT in the 2nd Round I may consider jumping in front of the team bus.

I want James Hardy or Malcom Kelly WR there or Xavier Adibi LB or Brandon Flowers CB ... please, not an OL!

• 2 weeks later...
Very good player but they got 5 OL with long-term big money contracts (people seem to forget that Moore got a new contract last year for 6 years) so if they pick a RT in the 2nd Round I may consider jumping in front of the team bus.

I want James Hardy or Malcom Kelly WR there or Xavier Adibi LB or Brandon Flowers CB ... please, not an OL!

Moore isn't "big" money. The only thing "big" in his contract is a $5M roster bonus due next year.

Moore isn't "big" money. The only thing "big" in his contract is a $5M roster bonus due next year.

I was wrong about the amount. It's not as much as I thought for sure but they did extend him through 2013. I just looked it up and you're right on that. It's a 6 year deal worth about 23 million (not a small deal either). He has started 57 straight games for the Jets though and I don't see him going anywhere. It's not his fault they had Anthony Clement next to him the last two years. Moore is a solid starter and with the pick-up of Woody and Faneca that line is going to be awesome when they get on the same page.

Curtis Lofton LB Oklahoma

I like Lofton as well but at 6'0 and less than 240 I'm not sure he's big enough to play ILB. The Jets have one playmaker ILB in Harris, they need a big guy to plug holes and stuff lead backs. Lofton has the credentials, but his size worries me.

I like Lofton as well but at 6'0 and less than 240 I'm not sure he's big enough to play ILB. The Jets have one playmaker ILB in Harris, they need a big guy to plug holes and stuff lead backs. Lofton has the credentials, but his size worries me.

Curtis Lofton

Linebacker

HEIGHT: 6' 0" WEIGHT: 246

from the combine, his size is perfect for ILB

I was wrong about the amount. It's not as much as I thought for sure but they did extend him through 2013. I just looked it up and you're right on that. It's a 6 year deal worth about 23 million (not a small deal either). He has started 57 straight games for the Jets though and I don't see him going anywhere. It's not his fault they had Anthony Clement next to him the last two years. Moore is a solid starter and with the pick-up of Woody and Faneca that line is going to be awesome when they get on the same page.

No they didn't. His extension in Sept 2007 was for 6 years, $17M. And they didn't give him any signing bonus. The prior renegotiated deal, from March of 2006, only included a $794K signing bonus. Also they gave him a $400K signing bonus at the start of his original deal. What does this mean? It means that the Jets are not heavily invested in him.

I do think he'll stay, as I think Mangini likes him. But the question now is if Callaghan also likes him on the line or not. He's supposed to be a really good guy off the field in particular. He's a slightly below-average OG. If he's the weakest link on the line by far, we should be fine.

But he doesn't cost s**t to cut. My point is not that they will replace him; but rather that his contract will not preclude the Jets from replacing him. If anything, it might be the opposite. He has a $5M roster bonus due next year that, with escalators, can be bumped up another $2M. Will Brandon Moore be worthy a $7M roster bonus next year? I don't think so.

With the Jets 2nd round pick? Who would you like to see them draft?

I vote for Gosder Cherlius RT Boston College(D. Woody is not a tackle)

He may not be a tackle to you, but thats what we picked him up for...to play tackle and guard when needed. We're not getting a tackle in the second round. that would just be a waste of money.

Archived