Porter feels cheated by Patriots' Spygate scandal

Jetfan13

By Harvey Fialkov | Sun-Sentinel.com 6:33 PM EDT, May 23, 2008

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, who was stopped short of two Super Bowl berths because of losses to New England and their beleaguered coach Bill Belichick, believes the Patriots got off easy for their role in the Spygate cheating scandal.

"They cheated,'' Porter said during a telephone interview on ESPN's NFL Live Friday. "I feel like there should be an asterisk on it, just because [disgraced track star] Marion Jones, she gets caught, they take the gold medals back. Obviously, they got caught. If it wasn't that bad, why would you destroy the evidence?

"If it wasn't helping nobody, why did you do it? If Tom Brady wasn't getting help out of it, then why would you do it every week? And everyone wants to wonder how these guys just went from zero to 60 overnight. That'll do it for you."

During Porter's 10-year stint in Pittsburgh, his team was beaten by the Patriots in the 2001 and '04 AFC Championship games. Both times, the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl. He feels the $500,000 fine levied against Belichick and the stripping of a 2008 first-round pick by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell didn't fit the crime of videotaping opposing team's signals.

"Anybody that I know that lost to them in big games, they are very upset about it,'' Porter said during the interview. "It's something that's not harped on, but the slap on the wrist really didn't fit the crime. I don't think the $500,000 fine was really big enough after you made multi-millions and billions off of winning those championships.

"That's a fine that he probably didn't have to pay anyway. [Owner Robert] Kraft probably paid that fine, so it's not like it really hurt Belichick. He goes on to be this great coach for cheating. He went from a good coach; now he's a great, great coach, and he got caught cheating.

"I don't understand that. I lost two of those championship games. If you're going tell me that happened, there's no way I can look at it and feel like I didn't get cheated."

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, who was stopped short of two Super Bowl berths because of losses to New England and their beleaguered coach Bill Belichick, believes the Patriots got off easy for their role in the Spygate cheating scandal.

"They cheated,'' Porter said during a telephone interview on ESPN's NFL Live Friday. "I feel like there should be an asterisk on it, just because [disgraced track star] Marion Jones, she gets caught, they take the gold medals back. Obviously, they got caught. If it wasn't that bad, why would you destroy the evidence?

"If it wasn't helping nobody, why did you do it? If Tom Brady wasn't getting help out of it, then why would you do it every week? And everyone wants to wonder how these guys just went from zero to 60 overnight. That'll do it for you."

During Porter's 10-year stint in Pittsburgh, his team was beaten by the Patriots in the 2001 and '04 AFC Championship games. Both times, the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl. He feels the $500,000 fine levied against Belichick and the stripping of a 2008 first-round pick by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell didn't fit the crime of videotaping opposing team's signals.

"Anybody that I know that lost to them in big games, they are very upset about it,'' Porter said during the interview. "It's something that's not harped on, but the slap on the wrist really didn't fit the crime. I don't think the $500,000 fine was really big enough after you made multi-millions and billions off of winning those championships.

"That's a fine that he probably didn't have to pay anyway. [Owner Robert] Kraft probably paid that fine, so it's not like it really hurt Belichick. He goes on to be this great coach for cheating. He went from a good coach; now he's a great, great coach, and he got caught cheating.

"I don't understand that. I lost two of those championship games. If you're going tell me that happened, there's no way I can look at it and feel like I didn't get cheated."

I think he's an idiot but he's 100% right with everything he said there. Anyone who was on the losing side of any of the Pats playoff games from 2001-2007 has every right to be pissed off.

Gainzo where you at? Tell us how Joey Porter and all these other asses in the NFL/HOF are idiots, and how you know more then any NFL player or executive ever could as far as how helpful knowing the signals, and using IR player's in practice would be.

Boy, just what the NFL wanted to hear. Everyone in the NFL ALL owners, just want this to go away. Now players are coming out and saying they feel cheated.

The NFL is done with it. I'm not sure the media is.

Stay Tuned

Doesn't Porter have a guy on crutches to beat up or something?

attack the person rather than the idea or what he is saying. Classic bull**** move. Don't have a leg to stand on to refute the idea so lets just make fun of the person instead!

Hey Joey: This story happened 9 months ago. Thanks for your input.

Hey Joey: This story happened 9 months ago. Thanks for your input.
And how does that change what happened in '01* and '04*?

You guys really lose all credability by side stepping and refusing to acknowledge the issues at hand.

beliscum has made you all a disgrace, and you gladly bend over and take it up the ass for him daily.

The patriots are a SHAM!!! You are a JOKE!!!

attack the person rather than the idea or what he is saying. Classic bull**** move. Don't have a leg to stand on to refute the idea so lets just make fun of the person instead!

Another classic bull$hit move would be taking the guy's words as gospel when about 6 months ago the general consensus was he's a piece of $hit who beat up on crippled people. At least I'm sticking to my guns.

Another classic bull$hit move would be taking the guy's words as gospel when about 6 months ago the general consensus was he's a piece of $hit who beat up on crippled people. At least I'm sticking to my guns.

Take your head out of your ass for just a second and let me know what part of what he said you could possibly disagree with, it's sad but I'm sure you will pull something out that will leave me shocked with what an idiot you are. Sort of like the other Pats fans thinking Mangini was tampering when he made a joke about Jason Taylor to the press.

Take your head out of your ass for just a second and let me know what part of what he said you could possibly disagree with, it's sad but I'm sure you will pull something out that will leave me shocked with what an idiot you are.

I understand what he said. Last season Porter was a POS for beating up a guy on crutches. Now that he's taking a stand against the Patriots, he's the leading source on the matter.

I understand what he said. Last season Porter was a POS for beating up a guy on crutches. Now that he's taking a stand against the Patriots, he's the leading source on the matter.
Not at all, but be real Alk every thing he said is true and 100% proven and accurate.

He has every right to feel that way, and he damn well should, plus he is not the only one, there are a ton of players that feel cheated.

What does one incident have to do with another. You patsy fans just look more and more stupid every day, maybe you Gonzo and the rest should just spit out belicheats cum once and for all.

Spit it out not swap it like you are used too!!!

He never would've had to beat up that cripple if only the Patriots had played fair.

His beating up a cripple has no bearing on his comments. He comments don't just magically become wrong because he is an ******* scumbag. You're attacking his character rather then addressing the issue at hand. Which is bull****. If you have a problem with what he said, refute it. No one ever said he was the leading expert on anything. He was a player who gave his opinion on the matter. He feels cheated out of his chance at a super bowl victory. Does his having beat up a "cripple" diminish his right to feel that way?

just shut up, please, this is so old, and nothing is gonna change, give it up.

just shut up, please, this is so old, and nothing is gonna change, give it up.

Nothing is going to change, It's still going to be the worse thing to happen to football in the past 20 years. It's going to stay that way unless they lock or something stupid like that.

It's called...SIDE STEPPIN 101!!!

What is wrong with you? You and some other Jets fans have been saying the same stuff that Joey Porter said since September.

How is this new news?

Joey Porter is pissed that the 2001 & 2004 Steelers teams lost the AFC Championship game at home to the Pats.

2001: Troy Brown punt return for a TD. Drew Bledsoe TD pass in the 2nd qtr. Blocked FG attempt returned for a TD by Antwan Harris. The Steelers had Kordell Stewart for fark sake.

2004: Just a simple ass kicking by the Pats which was helped by Big Ben throwing 3 picks. One of them for a pick 6.

Did you forget that the Jets were a missed field goal away from the AFC Championship Game in 2004? The Steelers were nothing special back then.

What is wrong with you? You and some other Jets fans have been saying the same stuff that Joey Porter said since September.

How is this new news?

Joey Porter is pissed that the 2001 & 2004 Steelers teams lost the AFC Championship game at home to the Pats.

2001: Troy Brown punt return for a TD. Drew Bledsoe TD pass in the 2nd qtr. Blocked FG attempt returned for a TD by Antwan Harris. The Steelers had Kordell Stewart for fark sake.

2004: Just a simple ass kicking by the Pats which was helped by Big Ben throwing 3 picks. One of them for a pick 6.

Did you forget that the Jets were a missed field goal away from the AFC Championship Game in 2004? The Steelers were nothing special back then.

And you have been dodging, denying, ignoring and making excuses for everything the whole way through, it's sickening.

how are you making the pick with the jeep? i want to have one. thats the third different one ive seen.
Villian here is the orginal gif: 15hndg.gif

You can will have to add your own faces or get someone to who knows how to make animated gif's to do it for you.

And you have been dodging, denying, ignoring and making excuses for everything the whole way through, it's sickening.

I think you might be mentally challenged.

THE PATRIOTS "CHEATED" BY TAPING THE OTHER TEAMS SIGNALS. I have said that hundreds of times. Believe it or not every Pats fan has seen the tapes. There is proof and stuff.

You know, real proof.

Joey Porter is pissed off because the Steelers teams he was on couldn't get it done in 2001 and 2004.

He hasn't said a word about Super Bowl XL where the Seahawks got screwed over at least 3 times by ridiculous calls.

I think you might be mentally challenged.

THE PATRIOTS "CHEATED" BY TAPING THE OTHER TEAMS SIGNALS. I have said that hundreds of times. Believe it or not every Pats fan has seen the tapes. There is proof and stuff.

You know, real proof.

Joey Porter is pissed off because the Steelers teams he was on couldn't get it done in 2001 and 2004.

He hasn't said a word about Super Bowl XL where the Seahawks got screwed over at least 3 times by ridiculous calls.

His teams may have been able to get it done if the patsies did not **CHEAT!!!**

I thought that superbowl was a disgrace, but last I checked bad calls go both ways and what the refs do has nothing to do with teams **CHEATING!!!**

Of course you admit they cheated, how could you not, they were BUSTED!!!

You and every other drowned in denial patsy fan tries to write it off saying everybody does it. BULL SH*T last I checked it was the patsies who were caught and fined.

If it was so rampant how come there are no others being punished.

Then your incredible logic says **CHEATING!!!** did not help them win. MORE BULL SH*T nobody in the world believes beliscum did this for 8 years to waist time and man power.

It was obviously giving them an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE or they would not have been risking their necks doing it.

Maybe you are a little challanged there gonzo, we have been through all this several times and it always leaves you speechless or full of sh*t.

Villian here is the orginal gif: 15hndg.gif

You can will have to add your own faces or get someone to who knows how to make animated gif's to do it for you.

I dont know anyone. Do you think you could hook a fellow Jet fan up? I really would like one. This is some of the funniest sh_t i've seen.

Archived