The Game 6 Thread

Gainzo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 30 arrested during Celtics celebration

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Sports/Up-to-30-arrested-during-Celtics-celebration/1213792104.html

BOSTON (AP) - Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis says up to 30

people have been arrested during the Celtics championship

celebration.

A department spokeswoman says most arrests were for disorderly

conduct.

Several storefront windows were damaged near the TD Banknorth

Garden after the Celtics' 131-92 win over the Los Angeles Lakers in

Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

Police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll says more information will be

released later Wednesday.

Police increased patrols around the arena Tuesday night and

early Wednesday and used video surveillance at key areas around the

city to control rowdiness.

Previous New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox championship

celebrations have been marred by deaths among revelers.

Up to 30 arrested during Celtics celebration

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Sports/Up-to-30-arrested-during-Celtics-celebration/1213792104.html

BOSTON (AP) - Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis says up to 30

people have been arrested during the Celtics championship

celebration.

A department spokeswoman says most arrests were for disorderly

conduct.

Several storefront windows were damaged near the TD Banknorth

Garden after the Celtics' 131-92 win over the Los Angeles Lakers in

Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

Police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll says more information will be

released later Wednesday.

Police increased patrols around the arena Tuesday night and

early Wednesday and used video surveillance at key areas around the

city to control rowdiness.

Previous New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox championship

celebrations have been marred by deaths among revelers.

Stay classy Bastun....

What is with people destroying cars and store windows when their team wins a championship? I want to party, not get arrested when my team wins a championship. What the hell is wrong with people? Then again, these were probably people just "there to be there" and took advantage in a large crowd to destroy property.

What is with people destroying cars and store windows when their team wins a championship? I want to party, not get arrested when my team wins a championship. What the hell is wrong with people? Then again, these were probably people just "there to be there" and took advantage in a large crowd to destroy property.

probably a bunch of punks from Stoneham... they drank too much at Sully's and then got all silly while waiting for the train back to their suburban paradise.

probably a bunch of punks from Stoneham... they drank too much at Sully's and then got all silly while waiting for the train back to their suburban paradise.

I work right by the "Gahden" - and I must say, the place looked orderly aside from all the tv trucks. Do they have a cleaning crew on stand-by or something?

Anyway, ever notice that the idiots causing the post-victory problems are usually punk, idiot, barley over the legal drinking age boys from the suburbs? I'm all for raising the drinking age to 25.

I walked into Sully's once. Walked out 30 seconds later. :)

I love KG, I always have..but that man needs to act a little more professionally.

Screaming in the microphone, spitting all over that poor female reporter. ****ing his hat to the side, show some class.

At least Pierce wasn't screaming like a caveman, and I don't even like him.

Congrats to the Celtics. Congrats to the fans, whatever ones didn't hop on this year.

30 arrests and no deaths.

You guys are improving up there. ;)

All drunk and disorderly arrests I'm sure - except for that complete drunken idiot that thought is was cool in break a business street front window. LOVED the way the cops tackled him. If I were a cop, I would have hurried him into the paddy-wagon, shut the door, and beat him repeatedly with my baton. But, that's just me. I HATE drunk 20-something year olds. And yes, I was probably one, at one time or another, when I was 20-something. But, I'm old and grumpy now.....;)

All drunk and disorderly arrests I'm sure - except for that complete drunken idiot that thought is was cool in break a business street front window. LOVED the way the cops tackled him. If I were a cop, I would have hurried him into the paddy-wagon, shut the door, and beat him repeatedly with my baton. But, that's just me. I HATE drunk 20-something year olds. And yes, I was probably one, at one time or another, when I was 20-something. But, I'm old and grumpy now.....;)

Oh yeah! Garb wants to administer the wood shampoo!

I love KG, I always have..but that man needs to act a little more professionally.

Screaming in the microphone, spitting all over that poor female reporter. ****ing his hat to the side, show some class.

Congrats to the Celtics. Congrats to the fans, whatever ones didn't hop on this year.

Yeah because when you win a championship you're going to be like "Oh, cool, awesome. Yay!" No. I expect him to go ape **** when he's been playing for as long as he has. It shows he actually cares and how much winning a championship meant to him. I have a newfound respect for the man.

I thought it was great, showed true emotion. The guy is nothing but energy and it had to feel great to shut up a lot of his critics....

:biggrin: That would only be Gainzo

:biggrin: That would only be Gainzo

Archived