Training Camp Report Afternoon Session 7/25

lawngnome o-line

Brian Clark a.k.a Lawngnome o-line

Training Camp Report

Afternoon Session 7/25/08

Practice today had a bit more of a buzz among the fans since it was the first practice for Vernon Gholston. He looked fit, and played a majority of the snaps on the second squad.

Todays camp included drills such as:

11 v 11 full contact drills

1 v 1 tackling drills (defender tackling an onrushing player)

Front 7 vs. Front 7

Kickoff/Return drills

2 minute drills

In the 1 v 1 tackling drills, many of the ball handlers ran right passed or juked out the defender. On Gholston

Brian Clark a.k.a Lawngnome o-line

Training Camp Report

Afternoon Session 7/25/08

Practice today had a bit more of a buzz among the fans since it was the first practice for Vernon Gholston. He looked fit, and played a majority of the snaps on the second squad.

Todays camp included drills such as:

11 v 11 full contact drills

1 v 1 tackling drills (defender tackling an onrushing player)

Front 7 vs. Front 7

Kickoff/Return drills

2 minute drills

In the 1 v 1 tackling drills, many of the ball handlers ran right passed or juked out the defender. On Gholston

On Gholston’s first, he basically was blown by Brad Smith, but that was the norm for many of the players.

Wait a second..what did Brad Smith do to Gholston??? Thinking ahead to how Max was going to thank you for these reports? :lol:

Wait a second..what did Brad Smith do to Gholston??? Thinking ahead to how Max was going to thank you for these reports? :lol:

:rl:

I couldn't quite get that part either.

I did change the wording when I put it on the front page. It is a family site! :-P

Hey, they use Arena League Field Goal posts at Training Camp. You can't always be perfect from 47 yards either, no matter if its regulation size or Arena size, but definitely Arena size. I'd rather him miss some kicks now in camp than in the games.

Hey retards, they use Arena League Field Goal posts at Training Camp. You can't always be perfect from 47 yards either, no matter if its regulation size or Arena size, but definitely Arena size. I'd rather him miss some kicks now in camp than in the games.

I honestly can't wait until the day you say Nugent is not a good NFL kicker.

Won't happen.

Anyway, sad news on Woodhead. Hopefully its nothing serious and he can come back and play in some Preseason games. He was a tough S.O.B. never giving up yesterday while I was at practice.

Hey retards, they use Arena League Field Goal posts at Training Camp. You can't always be perfect from 47 yards either, no matter if its regulation size or Arena size, but definitely Arena size. I'd rather him miss some kicks now in camp than in the games.

Yeah, cause that's how it works. If he misses now it guarantees that he'll hit them later. Why? Because he used up all his misses in camp.

Yeah, cause that's how it works. If he misses now it guarantees that he'll hit them later. Why? Because he used up all his misses in camp.

Players do go on streaks, like Nugent's 19 consecutive made Field Goals in 2006 and into 2007. Those kind of streaks.

Players can struggle in camp. Its better that they struggle in camp than in the regular season. Its two days into camp. Time to work out the kinks.

Seriously you people are unbelievable. MOST NFL kickers do not make 99% or 100% of 47 yard attempts, especially with Arena League posts. What part of that do the Nugent haters not understand? :rl: Fools.

"On Clemens drive he converted on a short 4th down situation as well. Drew Coleman made a nice play to knock down a first down pass attempt. On the next play, He pumped, stepped up in the pocket and hit a 55 yard deep pass to Clowney which went 40-45 in the air. With the ball placed on the one, he missed a fade to Marcus Henry and an inside slant route to him as well, where it seemed Henry ran the wrong route. Nugent knocked down the short field goal from 23 yards away to end the drill and the practice."

two points;

1-Penny can't complete a bomb to the one and

2:the fade pass in the EZ (which almost NEVER works) needs to disappear from the playbook

2:the fade pass in the EZ (which almost NEVER works) needs to disappear from the playbook

But that would destroy the entire reasoning of the Marcus Henry selection. He has no speed and his tall. He was brought in to be a redzone target. Great job by the scouting department if he can't make the leaping catch.

"On Clemens drive he converted on a short 4th down situation as well. Drew Coleman made a nice play to knock down a first down pass attempt. On the next play, He pumped, stepped up in the pocket and hit a 55 yard deep pass to Clowney which went 40-45 in the air. With the ball placed on the one, he missed a fade to Marcus Henry and an inside slant route to him as well, where it seemed Henry ran the wrong route. Nugent knocked down the short field goal from 23 yards away to end the drill and the practice."

two points;

1-Penny can't complete a bomb to the one and

Works more than any other pass into the endzone.

And for all the people defending Nugent (someone whose signed Jersey I was wearing today at practice), he missed the field goals on a regulation size uprights. They did the majority of practice on the field not near the bleachers, which is silly to say the least.

Isnt that field (the grass one) the one that doesn't have uprights though?

Interesting.

Either way, nobody is expected to make 100% of 47 yard attempts two days into Training Camp.

Archived