Pennington Better Than Favre...

crashingjet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa don't shoot the messenger. I didn't write the article, I just figured because it had something to do with the Jets that the people on this board would like to read it.

It brings up one stat in an attempt to show that Chad is a better overall QB?

Gimme a break with that BS. Pointless article.

You want to play the numbers game?

How about that Favre holds virtually every NFL passing record. Chad has the highest completion percentage. Understandable since 90% of his throws are dumpoffs.

Favre's Packers have the best winning percentage in the entire NFL since 1992.

Favre has engineered 40 4th QTR comeback victories. How many has Chad had? 4?

Favre has won the NFL MVP 3 times. Chad? Zero.

Favre has won one SB and brought his team to another. Chad? Zero.

And finally, the Packers would have done anything to keep Favre out of their division, even their conference. Were the Jets worried that Chad might go to the Dolphins?

hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Nice! thread over. :lol:

You want to play the numbers game?

How about that Favre holds virtually every NFL passing record. Chad has the highest completion percentage. Understandable since 90% of his throws are dumpoffs.

Favre's Packers have the best winning percentage in the entire NFL since 1992.

Favre has engineered 40 4th QTR comeback victories. How many has Chad had? 4?

Favre has won the NFL MVP 3 times. Chad? Zero.

Favre has won one SB and brought his team to another. Chad? Zero.

And finally, the Packers would have done anything to keep Favre out of their division, even their conference. Were the Jets worried that Chad might go to the Dolphins?

hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

I like numbers too...

Favre also holds the record for most interceptions. 288

Favre is also 39 years old.

Favre hasn't been to Superbowl in 11 years, and hasn't won one in 12 years.

Favre is being paid 12 million dollars for 1 year of play.

3rd : Round pick given up by the Jets for 1 year of QB play.

Enjoy waiting for all DB's in the area to trip over their own feet before Pennington attempts one of those passes over 20 yards.

So it's super-duper that his rating is so high on those passes. You'll have a lot to cheer about in the 2x every 3 games that he attempts one.

How do you know a team sucks? When it eagerly scoops up players from a 4-12 team's scrap heap & starts him. Excuse me -- players who got benched on a 4-12 team.

And I wonder if the good people at the Elias Sports Bureau bothered recalculating those numbers after Pennington's shoulder went to s**t.

Where did the Jets get Cameron Worrell, David Bowens and Jessie Chatman from? Oh yeah a 1-15 team. How bad is a team when they take the scraps from a 1-15 team?

Where did the Jets get Cameron Worrell, David Bowens and Jessie Chatman from? Oh yeah a 1-15 team. How bad is a team when they take the scraps from a 1-15 team?

None of those players will be starting on the 08 Jets.

Chad Pennington is going to be your starting QB.

BIG ****ing difference.

I like numbers too...

Favre also holds the record for most interceptions. 288

Favre is also 39 years old.

Favre hasn't been to Superbowl in 11 years, and hasn't won one in 12 years.

Favre is being paid 12 million dollars for 1 year of play.

3rd : Round pick given up by the Jets for 1 year of QB play.

I hate to pick on Chad, but if you really want to get into it.

When you throw the most passes in history and throw all over the field, it is not shocking to have thrown the most picks.

Favre is 39 years old and has never missed a game. Chad is 31 and has had one complete season. Who's the better athlete? Who is more dependable?

Chad hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 31 years.

Who says Favre is only going to play 1 year? Who says Chad even has 1 year left in his arm?

Bowens didn't come from a 1-15 team. The team slipped to 1-15 after they lost Bowens to the Jets. And the Dolphins' defense was top-5 in both points and yards. I hardly think that unit was the one responsible for the 2006 team's ineptitude. It is slightly more likely that scoring the 3rd-fewest points in the league caused it.

The other two (assuming they even make the final roster) are 3rd string. Chad Pennington is likely to be your starter.

Now if we picked up Cleo Lemon and gave him over $11M to be the starting QB for two years, then you'd have me.

Now cheer up & stop being so gloomy because your defensive ranking dropped from #5 to #30 after you lost David Bowens. That's ok. I'm sure it will improve without Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas holding the team back.

I hate to pick on Chad, but if you really want to get into it.

When you throw the most passes in history and throw all over the field, it is not shocking to have thrown the most picks.

Favre is 39 years old and has never missed a game. Chad is 31 and has had one complete season. Who's the better athlete? Who is more dependable?

Chad hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 31 years.

Who says Favre is only going to play 1 year? Who says Chad even has 1 year left in his arm?

Spot On!!!

Archived