Jets '08 W-L Record?

ladyJET2280

10-6. If we go 12-4 we've got a shot at the division. We WILL make the playoffs !

The only we go 10-6 AND get in the playoffs is if we beat the other teams that will go 10-6 like the broncos,bills,and possibly bengals.

I really dont think 10-6 will get us in, unless we win the head to heads.

I really think they will be a better team!

I also think if we do have a good offensive and defensive team I believe we can get a wildcard spot.

I am more hyped this year bout the team

My brother is a huge Patriots fan and I am getting sick and tired and hearing how they are the best!!

No chance you win the division. Unfortunately, the Pats have the wrapped up yet again.

I think that the Jets will be 8-8. Thats double the win total from last year, which is a great improvement, but much more is quite a big task. I see a split with the Bills also, can't say we'll sweep you again.

No chance you win the division. Unfortunately, the Pats have the wrapped up yet again.

I think that the Jets will be 8-8. Thats double the win total from last year, which is a great improvement, but much more is quite a big task. I see a split with the Bills also, can't say we'll sweep you again.

You just worry about beating the Pats, and we'll take care of the rest.

Wow, 4-12 to 12-4, that would be one of the greatest turn arounds ever.

Indeed, but it's far from inpossible in the NFL. We have a pretty weak schedule and should win a lot of games. Don't forget we've also had one of the busiest off-seasons in recent history. If all goes according to plan (If we're as good as we look on paper) then there's no reason that we should not be a very good team.

I am though pretty worried that this collection of individuals (Because that's all it is right now) will take time gelling into a good team.

Somewhere between 10-6 and 12-4 and either the #6 or #5 seed in the playoffs as a Wild Card, unless they're 10-6 in which case nobody can be promised a spot in the AFC playoffs. Too bad we're not in the AFC or else we could go 10-6 and be the #2 seed. :lol:

Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Bills and Browns/Steelers division loser will all be battling for those final two spots. We'll see what happens. 11 wins will get us a spot for sure. 10 will make it a battle.

Not as great as Green Bay's 4-12 to 13-3 turnaround last season. ;)

Green Bay was 8-8 in 2006.

Still a 5 game turnaround is pretty good.

I don't honestly know what to make of them. They could be anywhere from 1-15 to 10-6 or even 11-5.

I think alot depends on if the defense can actually stop somebody the first 6 or 7 games this season. If they start off the way they usually do then the Jets are going to have ALOT of problems not only competiting with New England and San Diego weeks 2 and 3 but beating Miami week 1 is going to be an issue.

And heaven forbid they lose opening day. If they do this place will be in an absolute uproar. Guaranteed.

I like the schedule. On paper is doesn't look all that tough but you never really know. Buffalo could step on this year. Will Seattle still be a playoff caliber team. Does Arizona finally step up with Fitzgerald and Bolden. How bout the Bengals. Do they find some defense ?

I'm going to say 9-7 and out of the playoffs. I think the Jets will struggle at first with Favre getting used to the system and his new recievers but should be able to turn it on later in the year. If the defense steps up and can carry the offense for a while then this team has a shot at the post season.

It is up to the defense in my opinion.

I don't really hold with this "Well you were 4-12 last year, how many more games do you seriously expect to win this year?" bit. The way I see it, last year's 4-12 was a direct result of a hemorrhage through the Oline that blew everything up. That hemorrhage has been healed.

Remember that we were 10-6 in 2006 with the same Oline players except for the good-but-not-great Pete Kendall. We have better offensive players now and better defensive players too. I don't see why 11-5 is unrealistic at all.

If the Jets go 12-4, I dont know what I'd do, I'm sorry but theres no way that happens.

Sure it can. Infact, theres a big chance that can happen. This team is much better than the 2006 club that went 10-6 and the schedule this year is fairly favorable once we get past September.

New England (2x)

Buffalo (2x)

Miami (2x)

Arizona

St.Louis

@ San Fran

@ Seattle

@ San Diego

@ Oakland

Kansas City

Denver

@ Tennessee

Cincy

How bout 12-4? Only losses: @NE, @SD, @Buffalo, @Seattle. Waddaya think?

Agreed on everything. 12-4 with those four games being the loses. Possibly a switch with one of those games, might lose a home game to Buffalo instead of the road game, or something like that, but 11-5/12-4 is where I'd like to see this team with all of the talent and the schedule.

Without yet being up to speed on everything NYJ, I went through the schedule and came out with 12-4 also. I would adjust it down to 10-6/11-5 because it'll take some time for the new faces to jell, and a couple of the tougher games are early on. Plus it would allow for a loss in a game they should win...happens to most teams at least once in a year.

10-6 is lamost a lock to get into the playoffs... not many teams go 10-6 and dont make it..

Absolutely true. I think I've only seen that once or twice.

Edit: Whaddaya know. Happened twice last season-Cleveland and Tennessee. While Washington got in with a non-division leading 9-7.

Anyway it doesn't happen often, lol.

Without yet being up to speed on everything NYJ, I went through the schedule and came out with 12-4 also. I would adjust it down to 10-6/11-5 because it'll take some time for the new faces to jell, and a couple of the tougher games are early on. Plus it would allow for a loss in a game they should win...happens to most teams at least once in a year.

I agree, but then they may win one of the games that they should probably lose.

Yes, 2006 is the most recentl

10-6 usually gets you into the playoffs, 9-7 usually not. But there are exceptions, and there were last year for both cases.

Cleveland and Tenessee, both 10-6, in the AFC did not make the playoffs.

Washington was 9-7 in the NFC and did make the playoffs.

Archived