Melky to the Minors - Sexson waived

Maxman

Wow. They need to shake things up though, no doubt about it. One thing with all the "bats" they have Melky's lack of hitting shouldn't be the issue it is. But unfortunately they are where they are.

Melky though -- I always thought he would never be more than a 4th outfielder. Pretty radical move though.

Well I guess somebody has to be the scapegoat for this disaster.

Sexon's career is basically over. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy was on the juice.

They should have sent Cano down to the minors as well. Maybe that is the boot in the @ss that he needs.

There's the proof that the Yanks have thrown in the towel. I hate to see it, which is not to say I disagree with either of these moves.

You just get used to making the playoffs every year. Hell, I was disappointed last year when we settled for the wildcard.

There's the proof that the Yanks have thrown in the towel. I hate to see it, which is not to say I disagree with either of these moves.

You just get used to making the playoffs every year. Hell, I was disappointed last year when we settled for the wildcard.

Damn, I hope all these front running Yankee fans don't start jumping onto teh Mets bandwagon over the next few years, like the 80's ;)

Well I guess somebody has to be the scapegoat for this disaster.

Sexon's career is basically over. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy was on the juice.

They should have sent Cano down to the minors as well. Maybe that is the boot in the @ss that he needs.

Do you think this could be done as a wakeup call to Cano, since Cabrera and Cano are very close?

Damn, I hope all these front running Yankee fans don't start jumping onto teh Mets bandwagon over the next few years, like the 80's ;)

That bandwagon can't seem to stay in gear. Maybe I'll borrow the Dodgers until the end of the season.

Doubt it. Mets arent that strong and will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They need to make the World Series before the bandwagon becomes overloaded again.

At this point the WS is a HUGE long shot. At least after tonites win over the Pirates they're 10 games over 500.

First of all, so long Melky, I'm sorry it took so long. can you please take your roomate CanNot with you ? Sexson ...they took a chance and he sucked. I am happy they are making these moves. I would rather lose with guys like Gardner and Chrstianson, than these scrubs. I don't think this team has much left in the tank. They have been destroyed by injuries and weren't able to keep it rolling.

As far as being a Mets fan , no thanks . I'll lose as a Yankee fan and not jump ship. Many of us have been fans before they started winning again.

Doubt it. Mets arent that strong and will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They need to make the World Series before the bandwagon becomes overloaded again.

Mets have one issue and that's the bullpen. Hopefully it performs better down the stretch. Just a decent year from them to this point would have the Mets comfortably in 1st. I do not trust Wagner in a big spot either but as we have seen in his abscence, we have no choice but to go with him.

Do you think this could be done as a wakeup call to Cano, since Cabrera and Cano are very close?

I wish I had an answer for that.

I think the problem with Cano (and alot of guys on that team right now) in the fans eyes is that they just don't show any kind of emotion out there. They look like they are just going through the motions. When you are winning that is fine, people say "they play like professionals". When you are losing and the season is slipping away then it looks like "You don't care or they are just going through the motions".

Cano is very simply having a season at the plate where he just hasn't been able to get on track. He started off awful, then he looked like the best hitter in the game and now he has kind of settled in but it is probably too late.

I doubt though that that they would send Cabrera down to give Cano a jolt. Melky more than earned a trip back with his performance at the plate this year.

Just to think we couldve traded Melky whos in the minors now, and Hughes who has sucked for Johan Santana..

That trade couldve changed this season.

everyone things that was the case but yanks were all in on that trade but twins wanted more i dont kno who they wanted but they wanted more it was melky,hughes,kennedy, and someone else(possibly cano). that pissed of hank and then there was no trade going to happen.

everyone things that was the case but yanks were all in on that trade but twins wanted more i dont kno who they wanted but they wanted more it was melky,hughes,kennedy, and someone else(possibly cano). that pissed of hank and then there was no trade going to happen.

Wait -- they could have gotten rid of Kennedy and Cano as well? Oh man, even better.

Wait -- they could have gotten rid of Kennedy and Cano as well? Oh man, even better.

ok you say that know but cano will be a .320 batter agn next year and i dont want all the ppl that put him down be like "oh hes good, i always liked him"

we should've traded matsui for lincecum but noone talks about that trade

ok you say that know but cano will be a .320 batter agn next year and i dont want all the ppl that put him down be like "oh hes good, i always liked him"

The Giants are not in the business of helping out the Yankees. Lincecum was never offered for Matsui. You'd be dumb as phuck to make that offer. You might have gotten Jonathan Sanchez, and even that's a stretch.

The Giants are not in the business of helping out the Yankees. Lincecum was never offered for Matsui. You'd be dumb as phuck to make that offer. You might have gotten Jonathan Sanchez, and even that's a stretch.

Yeah I think the name mentioned was Noah Lowry and even that was nothing concrete. A healthy Matsui would have had a nice season.

I like Cano. He is young and is a good player.

I don't like his plate discipline. But he is just having a bad season. Bad timing since he is doing that after getting some money.

I do like this long term chances. He is the least of their problems. If the 2b not hitting .320 is holding them back then they need to rethink things.

http://riveraveblues.com/2007/12/06/yanks-giants-talked-matsui-1788/

http://www.inthemixlive.com/2007/12/lincecummatsui-trade.html

http://www.nysportsfan.org/2007/12/matsui-to-giants.html

Seriously?

If you think the Giants offered Lincecum for Matsui you're sorely mistaken.

No, i was proven a point about how the santana for melky,hughes was expanded by the fans and how yankees offered them but how twins turned it down and wanted more then that.

everyone was mistaken about santana

Archived