Favre Article From ESPN

PatriotReign37

On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss. But Favre told me that one of the reasons he chose not to pursue that option was that there were teams the Packers would not trade him to under any circumstances -- such as the Minnesota Vikings -- and he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other contending teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots.

ESPN - Sunday Countdown online: Your weekly NFL guide - NFL

Why else would you admit that you could have played for NE?

On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss. But Favre told me that one of the reasons he chose not to pursue that option was that there were teams the Packers would not trade him to under any circumstances -- such as the Minnesota Vikings -- and he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other contending teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots.

How does t hat mean he's not happy.

what i dont understand is why is he here if he is not a jetsfan. IF he posts on pats forums, jets forums, bills forums and dolphins forums he has alot of time on his hands and needs to get a more productive life, Im serious. Take your wife or girl out to dinner and a broadway play its more entertaining then posting in your divisional teams forums

I dont know, maybe he was asked the question.

I dont see anywhere it says or anyone has said he is unhappy in NY and would rather be in NE.

You are a worthless troll. You are worse the JR128. Go play in traffic.

PR37 i think all the Jets fans here pretty much know you don't like their team..... It seems every single post you make is directing them to that fact. Ya think they don't understand where you stand?

Does anybody honestly care what he thinks ?

Even the Pats fans that post here can't stand him.

He is your typical Boston douche.

The only way I see Favre not being happy playing for the Jets is because the playcalling seems more run-oriented.

Favre likes running the ball. He said if it was up to him, TJ woulda had 150 yards against the Fins.

I think Favre's problem, and mine, is that the runs are stupidly predictable and badly called. It's not just a balance you are shooting for, you're looking to call the right play at the right time so that you've got momentum and control of the game.

Early on, very early on, especially if the line isn't going to be able to pass block right out of the gate, you might run it a bit. But then after that initial period, you'll want to score points with the pass, and then put the game away with more run heavy offense but primarily getting first downs through the air if you have to.

What we do is get into third and longs and then demand Favre bail us out. No QB is going to do well like that. Especially since all the running plays are so stupidly obvious. Single back 8 yards back? Gonna be a run, right up the middle. Goddamn do we not have any other formation in the playbook? It's like Schotty learned offense by playing a demo version of Madden or something. Ugh.

I hate scumbags who put their own spin on news stories. You're taking his words so out of context that you're actually putting words in his mouth. That level of intellectual dishonesty is shameful. You have dishonored yourself so much they only way to regain your honor is to commit seppuku.

I hate scumbags who put their own spin on news stories. You're taking his words so out of context that you're actually putting words in his mouth. That level of intellectual dishonesty is shameful. You have dishonored yourself so much they only way to regain your honor is to commit seppuku.

dishonesty.

Patriots.

Sounds about right.

Does anybody honestly care what he thinks ?

Even the Pats fans that post here can't stand him.

He is your typical Boston douche.

Yea i can understand some ballbusting here n there. I have no problem at all with Alk, Garb and Gainzo but this guy doesn't even attempt logical football discussion most of the time imo. Maybe i'm out of line calling him out but i don't see why someone would want to come to a Jets board with the same repetitive BS strictly designed to rile up you Jets fans.

Yea i can understand some ballbusting here n there. I have no problem at all with Alk, Garb and Gainzo but this guy doesn't even attempt logical football discussion most of the time imo. Maybe i'm out of line calling him out but i don't see why someone would want to come to a Jets board with the same repetitive BS strictly designed to rile up you Jets fans.

You've never met PatsFanTx then ;)

Try to keep pace troll. :pats:

I changed the title. Because the one you made up was incorrect.

No you are totally allowed to call him out. He brings nothing to the table except to p!ss on the parade.

Archived