Coaches Club Auction: MERGED

JETSFAN5180

and those complimentary drinks will NOT be alcoholic either. So unless someone drinks too many energy drinks, they`ll more than likely spend most of the time in the bathrooms and NOT trying to curse at the players through an enclosed greenhouse.

and those complimentary drinks will NOT be alcoholic either. So unless someone drinks too many energy drinks, they`ll more than likely spend most of the time in the bathrooms and NOT trying to curse at the players through an enclosed greenhouse.

Everything will be complimentary. Booze, food, etc.

Can we really call that stuff complimentary? These people will be paying huge money.

Yes WE are all as wealthy as Donald Trump what was I thinking?

Who ever said that?

Its not like they are asking millions for these seats... nice try to spur an anti JETS thread for no reason though...

Or did you really think they should try to sell seats for big money WITHOUT a salesperson?

Why wouldn't he?

I don't see what it funny about it... now not only will all of the high priced PSL's sell but they will sell for even more...

Woody will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I applauded the Jets for making the entire upper deck PSL free in the new Stadium but this highest bidder strategy may backfire with the economy going down the toilet right now.

I'm sure the Jets projected numbers wont even come close to what they actually get.

I applauded the Jets for making the entire upper deck PSL free in the new Stadium but this highest bidder strategy may backfire with the economy going down the toilet right now.

I'm sure the Jets projected numbers wont even come close to what they actually get.

Thats why they need a salesperson... lol

They are starting bids at 20k I think... they should all sell but your right... certainly not for the big #'s they are hoping to get...

believe it or not, the metro NYC area still has a few people with 5 K left. one of my buddies is bidding, and he only makes 85k a year

PS, the average annual income in fairfield cty CT is 100k. sure greenwich skews it, but there are 60,000 residents in greenwich alone

I think they can sell 2,000 tix easy

believe it or not, the metro NYC area still has a few people with 5 K left. one of my buddies is bidding, and he only makes 85k a year

PS, the average annual income in fairfield cty CT is 100k. sure greenwich skews it, but there are 60,000 residents in greenwich alone

I think they can sell 2,000 tix easy

There is plenty of money from Philadelphia to Boston. The question is, will those people spend the kind of money at the auction that the Jets thought they would when they announced the auction back in August?

I don't doubt you but do you have a link? I found this a couple of minutes ago on newyorkjets.com:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/722-trump-and-the-art-of-the-auction-deal

This wouldn't work for you Gainzo :)

http://www.newjetsstadium.com/club_psl.php

COACHES CLUB

The Coaches Club is the ultimate, premium Jets fan experience. Members can even watch the game standing right behind the Jets bench - any closer and you

There are a few threads on this, I am going to merge them all together. Here is some more information:

With registration underway for the Jets Coaches Club auction for 2,000 of the Best Seats in Sports that begins Oct. 19, the Jets and The Donald have joined forces.

Check out the new TV spot here …

JPjKOAuF5lw

Download the new TV spot here …. https://www.box.net/shared/c3kvuudyxq

About the Jets Coaches Club PSL auction, Oct. 19-27 …

The Jets Coaches Club combines the best seats in football on the sideline around the 50-yard line with access usually reserved for coaches and players. Club members will be able to stand on the field and watch the game, five yards off the Jets bench, or step inside to a private 20,000 square foot bar and lounge designed by Nobu architect David Rockwell. In addition to complimentary food and beverage, Club members receive free VIP parking adjacent to the stadium and can buy tickets to other events when available.

The auction begins Sunday, October 19, 2008 on StubHub.com, the Jets official auction partner.

For full details, log on to www.jetscoachesclub.com

No, but I'm sure they'll still be big numbers.

The people who were planning on playing ball in these auctions are still going to play ball in these auctions as they're not the ones that have been crushed by this.

Do you really think Joe America who's 150K in retirement savings is now worth 90K was originally planning on sitting in those seats?

Those seats are going to corps and millionaires.

I think you are going to see this in the very near future on billboard and in radio and TV print ads

Jets vs Whoever :Tickets available.

I will be shocked if every seat in that house is sold. The way the economy is and the just flat out ridiculous prices they are going to charging. I would not be surprised if they don't sell everything.

The fact that they are bring in an outside pr or whatever to help sell these should tell that this is not going over well with the general public, (rich,poor or in the middle).

I could be wrong but this to me is a bad sign for Woody.

Maybe he should start the bidding at $1,000 dollars

If you were considering buying the PSL's has this situation changed your mind??

Some I know who were considering it have put this on the back burner. I have also

heard and its a rumor that if things continue, the teams will have to lower the prices.

Giants won't have a problem. Fan base is huge. Jets on the other hand could be in trouble

If you were considering buying the PSL's has this situation changed your mind??

Some I know who were considering it have put this on the back burner. I have also

heard and its a rumor that if things continue, the teams will have to lower the prices.

The lousy economy wont impact PSL sales too much. People need entertainment and enjoyment in times of struggle. People will find the money to make it happen. It is still a special and unique thing to do. Heck, it might be the most secure investment around right now...

Corporations will still do it since there is a huge write off of that sh!t.

The biggest scare that fans should have is once the stadium is opened, the teams may jack up ticket prices in PSL sections to make more money to pay off their loans and interest payments. And what can a PSL owner do? If they dont buy the tickets they are out their PSL money. They will be forced to pay the new price for game tickets.

for the JETS, the financial impact will be a near complete change over of the season ticket population

i will be more corporate/business ownership where the costs can be written off and upper crusty types

the joe six pack will get squeezed out, but woody will sell his seats

for the NFL, this is a huge problem. wouldn't shock me to see a few franchises struggle or even fold

how can they screw it up ? if someone can't pay for the seats, they lose them, and the seats are simply sold to someone else

even the auction will be a success

The auction will be a success, that's where the rich folks will be. The rich folks who caused this mess, are getting 100 million buy outs. Not to worry

Not so sure about the lower bowl. A lot of those folks are scared right now

The auction will be a success, that's where the rich folks will be. The rich folks who caused this mess, are getting 100 million buy outs. Not to worry

Not so sure about the lower bowl. A lot of those folks are scared right now

you're right, but my point is the whole demographic of the season ticket holders will change. thos folks who are worried will have to choose between season tix and college tuition oir whatever

I'm not worried about the richies. I actually met richard fuld, the former lehman bros CEO. I didn't know who he was at the time, but I came away thinking, "what a prick"

you're right, but my point is the whole demographic of the season ticket holders will change. thos folks who are worried will have to choose between season tix and college tuition oir whatever

I'm not worried about the richies. I actually met richard fuld, the former lehman bros CEO. I didn't know who he was at the time, but I came away thinking, "what a prick"

Your judgment was sound.

I also agree that the demographic of the fan in the stadium is going to change dramatically. I'm wondering if the "wanabe" rich are going to cough up the $40,000 or so. We'll see

Archived