Kerry Rhodes = Most Overrated Jet

drago

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jet fans will be in love with Rhodes by the end of the '09 season...Again!

Watch.

There is a very strange phenomenon with Jets fans, we are the quickest to annoint some in to the Hall of Fame, and the just as quick to put them in the Hall of Shame.

FTR, this thread is moronic.

why did you feel it necessary to revive this?

Because now Ghost is bashing Rhodes in another thread. I just like pointing out that he is a hypocrite.

EY had some good points but teams did not stay away from rhodes ALL of the time. I remember a few times where it almost seemed like they were picking on him.

Hopefully he'll return to form in 2009.

Jet fans will be in love with Rhodes by the end of the '09 season...Again!

Watch.

Good chance of that. Doesn't change the fact that he stunk in 08 and then blamed it on the coaching staff over twitter...

I think Rhodes is the #1 reason we weren't beat deep often last year. Well...Revis too...but Rhodes' game is versatile as hell...he's a true safety.

Either that or the underneath routes were prime pickens so teams didn't bother..

Do you remember how poorly he misplayed the Noodle Arm's airball in week 17?

Either that or the underneath routes were prime pickens so teams didn't bother..

Do you remember how poorly he misplayed the Noodle Arm's airball in week 17?

Not really, sadly.

The underneath routes were pretty prime picking for QB's though...anywhere Barton or Bowens were...or if you spread Pace out far enough.

• 7 months later...
kerry rhodes is probably our best D player. In a couple years Revis will be better but as of now id rather have Rhodes over a lot of other guys in the nfl.

he is underrated.

That's silly.

Rhodes is a very, very solid player. A pro-bowler maybe in one of his better years, but definetly not a game changer like Sanders and Palamalu. So I guess he is a little overrated

This thread sucks.

This thread fails.

He's had a quiet start but look how well we defended the deep ball today, it was all checkdown stuff. Rhodes is more than likely a big reason for that, teams do not want to throw his way too often. He needs to make more plays, which he will. Calm down.

BTW did anyone see his one handed catch out of bounds on the last play of the game? Unreal!

Someone please delete this thread.

This thread is a joke.

He has dominated for two consecutive years and is VERY young.

We are 5 ****ing games into the season and he's overrated?

He's played well, just has not gotten the breaks to show in the stat sheet. He's dropped two sure INTs (against the chargers and the cards).

This has to be voted worst thread of all time...maybe when you learn football you can re-post

[quote name='Blackout

LOL, this was funny bump to go through. Funny thing is that these days Kerry is Overhated.

Not nearly as bad as some make him out to be but no where near how good he thinks he is...and it took me a while to say that, but he's still a good player. Its hard to knock a guy for not making an impact play on a team of guys that cant make an impact play.

LOL, this was funny bump to go through. Funny thing is that these days Kerry is Overhated.

Not nearly as bad as some make him out to be but no where near how good he thinks he is...and it took me a while to say that, but he's still a good player. Its hard to knock a guy for not making an impact play on a team of guys that cant make an impact play.

That is one of my problems with him. I coach a small college team and we always tell guys not to wait for someone else to do the work. Get it done yourself.

Kerry is a perfect example, it's like he waits for Revis, Jenkins, Pace or Scott to make the play...giving him ample time to jump in the way of the cameras.

I wouldn't even dislike the guy if he didn't have to tell everyone how good he thinks he is. Afterall, he's a fourth round pick, teams are generally happy with those guys getting minutes at all.

That is one of my problems with him. I coach a small college team and we always tell guys not to wait for someone else to do the work. Get it done yourself.

Kerry is a perfect example, it's like he waits for Revis, Jenkins, Pace or Scott to make the play...giving him ample time to jump in the way of the cameras.

I wouldn't even dislike the guy if he didn't have to tell everyone how good he thinks he is. Afterall, he's a fourth round pick, teams are generally happy with those guys getting minutes at all.

I hear what you're saying, but I highly doubt that Kerry isnt trying to make a play. Its just not happening for him the past couple years. Kerry knows there's no better way to get to the limelight than making spectacular plays like he did when before he got paid.

That said, not backing up his mouth is getting old. Really old. He is a good player, but not elite. Seems Kerry thinks he's elite and you got to make plays to be elite. But that can be said about a lot of dip****s on our team.

Stop being rational.

wrong spot...soccer.

lol, just checking

fwiw, my take on rhodes is he is a big athletic guy with good range who doesn't make light out hits, but doesn't whiff much either.

I think mangina had the right idea with him (:eek:) just let him play centerfield

lol, just checking

fwiw, my take on rhodes is he is a big athletic guy with good range who doesn't make light out hits, but doesn't whiff much either.

I think mangina had the right idea with him (:eek:) just let him play centerfield

haha...no prob.

I just gave JIF rep saying that I agreed with him. Rhodes is not the only problem...far from it. What really pisses me off is he's talking like he's running the defense and is the reason for any success. He's not even close to being the best player in the secondary at this point.

He's simply an average to above average player with a mouth. It gets old.

haha...no prob.

I just gave JIF rep saying that I agreed with him. Rhodes is not the only problem...far from it. What really pisses me off is he's talking like he's running the defense and is the reason for any success. He's not even close to being the best player in the secondary at this point.

yeah, I hate the talking too. I played dIII hoops, and even when I dunked, I just ran back to play defense

I was raised to play hard and keep your mouth shut

the thing is the talkers get rewarded with TV time and attention. can you imagine if mangold ran his mouth ?

What really pisses me off is he's talking like he's running the defense and is the reason for any success. He's not even close to being the best player in the secondary at this point.

I don't even buy the above avg tag. Could he be? I think with his innate athleticism and skills he could be a perenial pro-bowler - but he'd rather concentrate on running his mouth and promoting himself which makes him the worst kind of:

asshol1.gif

lol, just checking

Ok I know im running out of time defending my favorite player but please comment on what im saying below. Everytime I bring this up people strait up ignore which is bs because its 100% true.

In Kerry's first 3 seasons his stats and play were top 5 safety status. He was a monster making huge plays for us all over the place. Guess what? He was a STRONG SAFETY and pretty much played around the LOS every down. For some retarded reason Mangini decided to put him at FREE SAFETY playing freakin 20+ yards off the LOS and his stats and play drastically fell. Now Rhodes is still in that FS position playing center field which obviously isn't his game. So tell me this... If the steelers moved Troy to deep center field I GUARENTEE his stats would fall drastically as well. Move kerry back to SS and around the LOS and he will turn back into his old self. Or hopefully he just steps his Center Field play up either one is fine lol.

Ok I know im running out of time defending my favorite player but please comment on what im saying below. Everytime I bring this up people strait up ignore which is bs because its 100% true.

In Kerry's first 3 seasons his stats and play were top 5 safety status. He was a monster making huge plays for us all over the place. Guess what? He was a STRONG SAFETY and pretty much played around the LOS every down. For some retarded reason Mangini decided to put him at FREE SAFETY playing freakin 20+ yards off the LOS and his stats and play drastically fell. Now Rhodes is still in that FS position playing center field which obviously isn't his game. So tell me this... If the steelers moved Troy to deep center field I GUARENTEE his stats would fall drastically as well. Move kerry back to SS and around the LOS and he will turn back into his old self. Or hopefully he just steps his Center Field play up either one is fine lol.

I might be confusing this with hermies defense, but I don't think in mangini's defense they had a right safety and a left safety, he did not run free and strong safeties

He's over rated by a shrinking contigent of jets fans and himself. Now, if he makes a single play next week I'm sure the fan contigent will grow and Kerry will give the i told you so's as well..

He's an average to above average safety mostly cause most safeties stink.

Archived