Faneca

StillerPaul

Definitely an upgrade over what we had. That's not a question.

Worth all the money....not so much, but began to show some promise last game. I'll write the first part of the year as the "chemistry building" time. He should be a leader from here on out.

I can honestly say I'm happier that we overpaid for him than I'd be if we didn't and ended up with Adrian Clarke 2.

Who cares what the jets pay for him. Its not coming out of our checking account so who cares.He is good and a heck of alot better than what we had last year (Adrian Clarke)!

his salary keeps other players from getting signed

but he's doinig well this year IMO...ofcourse up here we've only had 5 or 6 games of the JEts games on (pats jets, cardinals jets, jets chargers, jets raiders, jets bills and i think one other)

The Jury is still out.

At first I was very unhappy with his play, and the way we used him. But in the last few games our Oline is finally getting our Chemistry and playing well together.

Right now I think we have the second leading rusher in the AFC, and our rushing attack has improved every week. A guy like Thomas Jones who simply takes what the Oline gives him doing well is more a statement about the Oline then anything else.

Well, we're half way through the season, whats you guys opinions on Faneca so far? Is he worth the money your team is paying him? Is he that much of an upgrade at LG for you guys? Do ya like the left side of your line now?

Just curious.

Faneca was an absolute necessity.

We had a huge hole at the position and we needed a guy in there.

Is he the probowler he once was? No. But is he a solid, even above average guard at this point. Yes.

He's not worth the money we're paying him if you compare him to other players at the position, but he's definitely worth it when you factor in where we'd be without him.

Definitely an upgrade over what we had. That's not a question.

Worth all the money....not so much, but began to show some promise last game. I'll write the first part of the year as the "chemistry building" time. He should be a leader from here on out.

Agreed but plugging you or I at LG would have been an upgrade. :biggrin:

Faneca was an absolute necessity.

We had a huge hole at the position and we needed a guy in there.

Is he the probowler he once was? No. But is he a solid, even above average guard at this point. Yes.

He's not worth the money we're paying him if you compare him to other players at the position, but he's definitely worth it when you factor in where we'd be without him.

I was hoping we'd sign ALABAMA boy John Smiley (less coin ) but Coach Parcells signed him for the Dolfags 30 seconds into FA period.

Definitely an upgrade over what we had at the LG position. Is he playing like the highest paid offensive lineman in the league? no. He is, however doing a serviceable job and our line has seemed to improve the last couple of weeks. If you could switch expectations vs. results from two players, I'd have to say that Faneca is producing the results expected of Jenkins, and Jenkins is having an impact expected of Faneca.

While everybody is praising Brick and Mangold, did anybody notice that all of Mangold's shotgun snaps seemed to be about 4 inches off the ground last week? One was muffed and after that Favre was squatting for them like he was on the bowl. Just wondering because Mangold seems to be on the list of guys never criticized around here.

Who cares what the jets pay for him. Its not coming out of our checking account so who cares.He is good and a heck of alot better than what we had last year (Adrian Clarke)!

really? PSL's, raising ticket prices, raising parking costs, whose checkbook is covering all that?

Archived