This team is coming together folks

shawn306

The past 2 weeks the Jets have done things that good teams, playoff teams do.

1) They win a big game on the road against a divisional opponent.

2) They take care of buisness against a bad opponent.

The INT's have dissapeared. (For now) and the Jets are controlling the most important area, the line of scrimmage.

If the Jets are going to beat New England that is where they are going to have to win it. On the LOS. If the Jets win there. Jones will be running and Favre will have time to throw the football.

That what it comes down to basically. The Jets D has come around, getting sacks and turnovers and the OL has really come together and are opening up big holes for Jones.

I am usually pretty pessimistic when it comes to the Jets but I really like what I saw the past two weeks. If they are ever going to take that next step it is now.

Remember how those "loyal" Pats fans were booing them after the Miami debacle. I think they are going to be doing alot more booing on Thursday night.

I think this is going to be a test for our defense, I know we can stop the run and avoid big plays but the Pats don't commit to many turnovers.

I think we need to keep throwing Elam or Rhodes at MC just for him to panic. Our defense needs to focus on Welker as of now. He's the one that scares me, not Moss and the 8 name guy.

We stop Welker, we'll win.

The Pats still have two very important things going for them. One, for some ungodly reason, the NFL officials still want them to win. And two, the officials always try to help out the home team in prime time games so they can bask in the nationally televised glory of the stadium cheers.

The jets must overcome the adversity of the zebras.

For this team to win 4 of its last 5 and be tied for first in the division with a huge game at hand and a possible 7-3 start with winning 5 of 6 with two HUGE division wins in less then 3 weeks and there not looked at as a serious contender there is a problem.

Brett and the packers success last season came a lot on the shoulders of ryan grant, TJ is having a fantastic season which takes tons of pressure off Brett. If the Jets keep running the ball like this and the defense continues to improve i'm telling you this team is a legit contender to win this conference. i've always been optimistic but what i saw yesterday impressed the sh!t out of me.

Contenders or pretenders ? That's the big question. We've really seem to be coming along as a team as of late. BIG victory in Buffalo plus the blowout this week. Gotta keep it going on Thursday nite. ::GoJets:

I think chemistry is kicking in.

The New York Jets now is much better than the New York Jets of week 2.

They have come together lately. But we now see that Buffalo wasn't the team they started out to be and are fading. Yesterday they rightfully so kept the hammer down on the Rams.

I worry they will be feeling themselves this week instead of taking a underdawg mentality. Very much like Week 2. Enjoy today Victory Monday or whatever it is and get back to staying hungry and humble.

Thursday should be entertaining either way.

They have come together lately. But we now see that Buffalo wasn't the team they started out to be and are fading. Yesterday they rightfully so kept the hammer down on the Rams.

I worry they will be feeling themselves this week instead of taking a underdawg mentality. Very much like Week 2. Enjoy today Victory Monday or whatever it is and get back to staying hungry and humble.

Thursday should be entertaining either way.

We beat Buffalo in Buffalo, that's not easy man.

Couldn't agree more. This team is starting to gel and play up to it's potential...

To me the keys for the game will be limiting Favre INT's and stopping Cassel and the short passing attack, it's his bread and butter and something we've struggled with all year.

I'm very excited but the next two weeks will be what matters. We've looked good vs one decent team in collapse and another just God awful Rams team. The competition level is about to step up big time and as good as we have been over the last two weeks I think we need to play even better Thursday night.

Couldn't agree more. This team is starting to gel and play up to it's potential...

To me the keys for the game will be limiting Favre INT's and stopping Cassel and the short passing attack, it's his bread and butter and something we've struggled with all year.

Play man-to-man and blitz more. If it gives up one or two quick long plays, who cares? Playing agressively, the jets should hold them to 10-14 points. Take away the time consuming 12 play drives and the jets offense will get more opportunities and easily score over 20 points. If the D plays soft like last time, it could be a 21 - 20 nail-biter.

Yeah, I think yesterday was a big win for us because we were able to beat a team we were "supposed" to beat. Unlike we did against Oakland(we could have been 7-2 now) we actually did not look passed these guys. And our D giving up only 3 points when we usually go to that horrible prevent defense and allow the other team to score about 3 td's in the final qtr. thats impressive. Again, our D plays well, we beat the pats.

I'm not jumping on or off anyone's bandwagon...I want to see more from this team over the next couple of games. Many of us were calling for coaches and players heads a few weeks ago...I'm excited as anyone else, but we know how this team can break your heart in an instant.

I'm not jumping on or off anyone's bandwagon...I want to see more from this team over the next couple of games. Many of us were calling for coaches and players heads a few weeks ago...I'm excited as anyone else, but we know how this team can break your heart in an instant.

True. But the one thing I like about the last two games is the coaching was excellent. Unlike the earlier wins (Miami, Bengals, Chiefs and the second half of the Cards game) where I felt the Jets won despite their coaching.

Let's hope it continues.

True. But the one thing I like about the last two games is the coaching was excellent. Unlike the earlier wins (Miami, Bengals, Chiefs and the second half of the Cards game) where I felt the Jets won despite their coaching.

Let's hope it continues.

My point exactly...let's hope it continues.

They were there yesterday, the Rams just dropped them... Favre throws at least 2 INT's if the Rams can catch...

Agreed, but the fact is they dropped them. If they didn't they would be WR's instead of defensive backs.

New England is all beat up right now. No Brady, No Maroney, No Lamont, and now no Thomas. If, and this a big if the Jets control the LOS then this game will not be close. New England still has weapons with Moss and Welker but they don't have the triggerman anymore.

If the Jets are EVER going to wrest control in the East away from the Pats then this is the week to do it. The pieces, along with the planets and the stars are now aligned for the Jets do to it.

Also since Garb and alot of Pats fan like to call Mangini a rat they should also be made aware that on the Chinese calandar 2008 is the year of the rat.

Play man-to-man and blitz more. If it gives up one or two quick long plays, who cares? Playing agressively, the jets should hold them to 10-14 points. Take away the time consuming 12 play drives and the jets offense will get more opportunities and easily score over 20 points. If the D plays soft like last time, it could be a 21 - 20 nail-biter.

I want to blow them the **** out. If we do what I said, we will. I can't see them running on us to be honest, and we'll move the ball and should be ok if Favre doesn't through a couple of bad picks..

Gotta admit the Jets are looking like contenders these days. Man that was an impressive win yesterday. I've said all along though that it doesn't matter what the score is so long as ya get the W. They don't give style points (Well, except for ESPN).

The rest of this season will get real interesting in the AFC and i still stand by my statement that an AFC team is gonna F around and win it all somehow!

I want to blow them the **** out. If we do what I said, we will. I can't see them running on us to be honest, and we'll move the ball and should be ok if Favre doesn't through a couple of bad picks..

A JETS blowout of the Patriots would be truly orgasmic.

Some quick notes:

-Contain Wes Welker & the dreaded screens

-Revis lock up Moss (or at least do the best job he can)

-Favre keep being that dreaded "game manager" title that you have been the past 2 weeks ; the Jets are doing great without the bad INT's

-O-line keep pounding away for Jones

-Cassel has a 1-1 TD/INT ratio, and the Jets secondary is lookin really good these days

-Also, Cassel is the second most sacked QB in the league, the Jets have had no problem getting big sacks this year

...Just some things the Jets should do and they can win this game :D. I think they will win by 10 pts.

Right on all counts.

The jets are a better football team right now then the Pats. If Favre is a "game manager" they win in a tough game. If he has a big night, Jets win in a blow out. If Favre throws 2 interceptions, the "Fire Mangini" chants will begin again.

Right on all counts.

The jets are a better football team right now then the Pats. If Favre is a "game manager" they win in a tough game. If he has a big night, Jets win in a blow out. If Favre throws 2 interceptions, the "Fire Mangini" chants will begin again.

Favre has 2 picks, the Jets lose. Simple as that. One of them would probably be a pick6 too; you can't give this crazy bastard Belicheat any advantages.

Archived