Eric Mangini- Browns New Head Coach!!!!!!!!

Vudu

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are we gonna have Garb in here to admit she was wrong those million times she said that Eric Mangini would never get another job even as a DB coach in this league because her team got caught cheating? I'm just curious because we heard it over and over and over again and look at this, the guy got hired a week later.

They should have an easy schedule... although they gotta play ravens and steelers twice...

That's going to hurt. I honestly don't know which other divisions they play. We play the South and they played the East this past season, so they should have a pretty favorable 4 game schedule out of the NFC. I think they play the AFC West this go around as well, which should be cake too..

Espn Reports

Eric Mangini was hired as the coach of the Browns! Mortensen just broke it.

To be fair Michael Holley broke the news http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/07/mangini-gets-the-job/

I'm surprised a team took a chance on him as an HC so quickly. Good Luck to the Browns. They are going to need it playing Pittsburgh & Baltimore 4 times a year!

To be fair Michael Holley broke the news http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/07/mangini-gets-the-job/

I'm surprised a team took a chance on him as an HC so quickly. Good Luck to the Browns. They are going to need it playing Pittsburgh & Baltimore 4 times a year!

Ok well, I saw the breaking news ticker on ESPN and it said Mort broke it.

That's going to hurt. I honestly don't know which other divisions they play. We play the South and they played the East this past season, so they should have a pretty favorable 4 game schedule out of the NFC. I think they play the AFC West this go around as well, which should be cake too..

I'm sure Cutler is looking forward to that.

What!!! HE WAS OUT OF THE LEAGUE 5 MINUTES..HELL YES...Good For Coach Mangini..Anyone want some jets gear...Give me the Brown and Orange baby.

An organization that gives more pain and heart attacks than ours. Have fun.

Source: Browns, Mangini agree to 4-year deal

Comment Email Print

ESPN.com news services

The Cleveland Browns will hire former New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini as their new head coach, a sources told ESPN.

Mangini has agreed to four-year deal, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

The 37-year-old Mangini began his NFL career in Cleveland. He started out as a Browns ball boy and was later a public relations intern. He has never forgotten his football roots. When the Jets played the Browns in recent seasons, Mangini bought a catered lunch of Italian food for Cleveland reporters.

Mangini was dismissed after the Jets collapsed by losing four of their final five games.

Mangini has ties to the Cleveland area. He is the brother-in-law of Cleveland Indians general manager Mark Shapiro.

Mangini's hiring could also lead to former head coach Romeo Crennel staying with the Browns, perhaps as their defensive coordinator. Crennel told owner Randy Lerner he was open to staying, depending on who was brought in to replace him. Crennel and Mangini worked as defensive assistants on Bill Belichick's staff in New England from 2001-2004.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3817088

And I believed all the Patsie trolls he would never get a head coaching gig ever again.

Good thing for Mangini is housing is cheap in Cleveland while he struggles to sell his NJ house.

Mangini was wronged in NJ having Lord Favre forced down his throat. The Jets players even said "We are out there busting our axx while Lord Favre is throwing the ball to the wrong team"

HATER..Now about your manlove for Cowher..not the Jets next head coach...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

That's right. Next year when Cowher takes a job I'm jumping ship too. Maybe he'll go to Cleveland to work for the Mangenuis and we can both be Browns fans :cheers:

Mangini was wronged in NJ having Lord Favre forced down his throat. The Jets players even said "We are out there busting our axx while Lord Favre is throwing the ball to the wrong team"

Yes, he was so mad that he named his son after him..

I'm tempted to us the free search function to see what you thought about mangini this time last year..

lol why do people listen to the Pats trolls. Look at how quickly the guy gets a job, he got the job quicker than his old team replaced him.

The Browns will do fine, I think they may even get a WC berth next year or just barely fall short. They play in an absolutely brutal division, but the team does have a good defense in place, and some tools on offense. It will be very interesting to see what Mangini does about the QB situation. Quinn kind of sucks, and DA seems to have regressed badly, but maybe it was just a sophomore jinx and he is back on track again this year. Both are better and have more upside than anything on the Jets roster though, which is huge.

Jamal Lewis is slow and old, but fits the type of back Mangini seems to like. He also won't talk if he can help it. Cribbs, with all due respect to Leon and Hester, is the premier ST player in the league (the guy gets like 4 solo tackles a game, and is very versatile and can be used on offense in virtually any role).

I frankly expect the Browns to win more games than the Jets next year.

lol why do people listen to the Pats trolls. Look at how quickly the guy gets a job, he got the job quicker than his old team replaced him.

The Browns will do fine, I think they may even get a WC berth next year or just barely fall short. They play in an absolutely brutal division, but the team does have a good defense in place, and some tools on offense. It will be very interesting to see what Mangini does about the QB situation. Quinn kind of sucks, and DA seems to have regressed badly, but maybe it was just a sophomore jinx and he is back on track again this year. Both are better and have more upside than anything on the Jets roster though, which is huge.

Jamal Lewis is slow and old, but fits the type of back Mangini seems to like. He also won't talk if he can help it. Cribbs, with all due respect to Leon and Hester, is the premier ST player in the league (the guy gets like 4 solo tackles a game, and is very versatile and can be used on offense in virtually any role).

I frankly expect the Browns to win more games than the Jets next year.

That D is all contingent on Shaun Rogers who is NOTORIOUSLY lazy. I can't see him falling in love with Mangini. I do wish Mangini the best though.

Archived