Shaun Rogers wants to surrender $15M Guaranteed to be Released cause he hates Mangini

JMJ

Rogers is being EMO here, but there has to be other reasons behind it. I think he & his agent are shopping his services around the league on the DL and they're getting a sniff that there is a better situation elsewhere.

Plus, let's get real here. Mangini does not have a good reputation in NFL circles. This is the only possible HC job he could have gotten because of his connection to the Browns owner. When Mangini came to the Jets he had Belichick* SB rings backing him up. Now Mangini doesn't have that. He's just another failed HC, so the skepticism by the players is evident.

Is Rogers being a bit of a baby? Sure he is. He signed a contract with Cleveland knowing that the situation there could change at any time.

However, that doesn't change the fact that this further proves Mangini's incompetence.

Rogers is being EMO here, but there has to be other reasons behind it. I think he & his agent are shopping his services around the league on the DL and they're getting a sniff that there is a better situation elsewhere.

Plus, let's get real here. Mangini does not have a good reputation in NFL circles. This is the only possible HC job he could have gotten because of his connection to the Browns owner. When Mangini came to the Jets he had Belichick* SB rings backing him up. Now Mangini doesn't have that. He's just another failed HC, so the skepticism by the players is evident.

The other thing I just remembered was a poll that was conducted about coaches you'd never wanna play for. And who was #1 on the list?

Eric Mangini.

thank you Jimmy..some people on this board just have such an intense hatred for ex-coaches that they seize any opportunity to bash them, even over such non-issues as this. You guys better get your Rexy bashes in order too, he will be an ex coach one day too.

Damn Al, take it easy. you need a New Castle and a shot of Jameson \:D/

Tell Judy I said Hi! :cheers:

Is Rogers being a bit of a baby? Sure he is. He signed a contract with Cleveland knowing that the situation there could change at any time.

However, that doesn't change the fact that this further proves Mangini's incompetence.

Oh, he's definately incompetent. He's getting off on the wrong foot to start his tenure.

Plus, the claim that the mural story was false is bogus in itself. Don't need to rehash it, but it shows a pattern. Mangini claimed in a press conference that he was mearly moving the Browns legends mural to a different part of the facility, but this statement was after TWO WEEKS of media criticism. Why didn't he address it when the story first arose? This was a total back peddle by him, just as is his comments about Rogers.

Mangini probably thought he was making a point with Rogers (i.e., nobody is more important than anyone else), but now it blows up in his face and he backpeddles.

Sounds to me like a classic case of 2 douche bags trying to out douche bag each other. May the best douche bag win.

However, I find it hard to believe someone would be willing to leave 15M on the table because some zit faced punk didnt say hello.

Regarding E.M.'s removal of iconic murals and pictures in Cleveland. If he had done that here with pics of Namath, Klecko, Snell, Maynard etc, how would that have gone over?

Shaun Rogers is in a room. Mangini walks through said room without saying hi. The shrieking feedback loop that is the suckass sports media siezes on this nonstory. Agent sees opportunity.

You stop buying the soap opera, they'll stop selling it.

If this was Hip Hop in the 90s, either Mangini or Rogers would end up dead. Maybe both.

OH YOU KNOW HOW MANGINI IS VIEWED IN NFL CIRCLES,, You don't know jack s**t..Another fan who think he knows anything..let me give you a hint..YOU KNOW NOTHING...ZIP.

OH YOU KNOW HOW MANGINI IS VIEWED IN NFL CIRCLES,, You don't know jack s**t..Another fan who think he knows anything..let me give you a hint..YOU KNOW NOTHING...ZIP.

FU, dick, I'm going off of what has been reported by MULTIPLE sporting newspapers and columns in print and online.

I'm not saying I personally know it, just from what I and thousands of other fans have read. If you chose to not read them then that's your fault.

They say knowledge is a terrible thing to waste, but you don't have anything to worry about because you have none.

Awwwww.

Did we hurt your feelings by insulting your mancrush?

And you do?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/No-one-likes-Eric-Mangini?urn=nfl,138630

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm EST

No one likes Eric Mangini

By MJD

ept_sports_nfl_experts-893559996-1233690091.jpg?ymrHjvADKp7ITcLlIf this is the era of the players' coach, count Eric Mangini as a contrarian. According to Todd Porter of CantonRep.com, Mangini's in no danger of being given a gold star in the category of "working and playing well with others."

A Browns insider told me the atmosphere at headquarters is, to put it mildly, miserable. New Head Coach Eric Mangini is running the place like Napoleon.

[...] Mangini is alienating players already. At a recent public function that Mangini and Pro Bowler
Shaun Rogers
attended, Rogers said he had yet to meet Mangini but hoped to that night. A few minutes later, Mangini walked past Rogers, who

ESPN's John Clayton reports that DT Shaun Rogers recently asked for a one-on-one meeting with Eric Mangini, but Mangini turned him down.

Mangini told Rogers he'd meet with the team on March 16 and there would be "no individual meetings." Rogers is under contract with little leverage, but this situation could hang over the new Cleveland regime's head for a while.

Source: ESPN Insider

ESPN's John Clayton reports that DT Shaun Rogers recently asked for a one-on-one meeting with Eric Mangini, but Mangini turned him down.

Mangini told Rogers he'd meet with the team on March 16 and there would be "no individual meetings." Rogers is under contract with little leverage, but this situation could hang over the new Cleveland regime's head for a while.

Whether this is a huge deal or not...

It really all boils down to one thing...

Why do you have to be a dick?

That is kind of a dick move if it's true.

Sounds like this might be more serious than that wall Mangini destroyed or whatever it was.

Not a good move on EM's part. And yes, I think Rogers is being a baby. But Mangini's not making things any better. Dude has some serious egotism issues.

Let me ask you a follow-up question.

We all hate Belichick, right?

Well, do you think he tells a player to go **** himself if the player wants a meeting? I don't.

Let me ask you a follow-up question.

We all hate Belichick, right?

Well, do you think he tells a player to go **** himself if the player wants a meeting? I don't.

I don't either. I think he really believes that setting up rules force players to respect him more than they otherwise would. Or that these little games he plays bring about more of a team-first mentality. Seems to me all it does is piss people off. And now Rogers is going to be steaming & sounding off to the media.

Right or wrong (and Rogers is mostly wrong here), Mangini has a chance to put out the fire & is saying "nope" to that opportunity. Perfect chance to have Rogers announce that "yeah we met & it was all a misunderstanding & now everything's fine. Go Browns." But Mangini thinks this is the better course of action? Foolish.

To say nothing of the fact that it's just really stupid from a team-planning perspective. Rogers is one of his best players, was on the team last year, & Mangini wasn't. What a brilliant idea as FA is beginning; let me get absolutely no input from my under-contract players about what they think we need. Even if those opinions are disregarded, why would you not ask? The team sucked ass last year.

Archived