Shaun Rogers wants to surrender $15M Guaranteed to be Released cause he hates Mangini

JMJ

You can't make this sh1t up. I'm so happy this clown is gone

--------------------------------------------------------------

As much as Eric Mangini has tried to change the culture in Cleveland, one of his biggest challenges now is changing the mind of Browns defensive tackle Shaun Rogers.

Rogers has grown so disenchanted with the situation in Cleveland that he has asked the Browns not to pick up the $6 million option-bonus payment due to him next month, a source close to the defensive tackle said. Rogers would rather be released after one season with the Browns, despite still being owed another $15 million in guaranteed money.

The Browns said Rogers hasn't asked them to be released. Cutting Rogers would be difficult to do financially. If the Browns release Rogers, they would have to count more than $9.7 million against their salary cap.

Cleveland has no intention of getting rid of Rogers. It wants him back as the productive team member he was last season, when he was selected to the Pro Bowl. Browns coach Eric Mangini, according to those within the Cleveland organization, is still optimistic that he can change Rogers' mind once the two men speak. Mangini is said to have recently reached out to Rogers. Those who know Rogers say his mind will not be changed.

But Mangini has had success in these types of settings. When he arrived in New York as the Jets' coach in 2006, wide receiver Laveranues Coles was, at best, a skeptic, but Mangini eventually won him over.

Mangini has said publicly that when change occurs, as it did in Cleveland, there is uncertainty and that can create misunderstandings like the one that has happened now.

Some of Rogers' feelings stem back to two offseason incidents in which he believes Mangini disrespected him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and failed to say hello to Rogers. The next time, at a public charity function in which both men were in the green room, neither said hello to the other, and Mangini later said he didn't know Rogers was there.

"Anytime someone new comes in, there's a process of getting to know that person," Mangini said Feb. 4. "I feel really comfortable with who I am and the things I do. I know that everything is done for a very specific reason and that is to give us the best chance to win. I feel really good about the relationships that I had in New York with the players there. I think that the things that they have said are things I feel really good about. I anticipate having those same types of relationships here."

The Browns believe that, once Rogers hears out Mangini, the same will occur. The situation will be soothed over, hard feelings will dissipate and Cleveland will have a happy defensive tackle.

"I didn't realize Shaun was there at the time," Mangini said earlier this offseason of the green-room incident. "I know it's probably hard to believe considering how big he is and how big I am. I feel really good about watching him on tape. I always appreciate 360-pound nose guards. He's powerful, disruptive, has a high motor, and I

The thread title is misleading. Shaun Rogers was itching to get out of there long before Mangini was hired. Rogers wants out because he wants out. It made little difference who was brought in as HC. Mangini just happens to be in the way. I doubt Mangini has the finesse to talk him into staying.

The thread title is misleading. Shaun Rogers was itching to get out of there long before Mangini was hired. Rogers wants out because he wants out. It made little difference who was brought in as HC. Mangini just happens to be in the way. I doubt Mangini has the finesse to talk him into staying.

I think Mangini can be persuasive and 15 million will help sway that conversation..Rogers agent must be like NOOOOO .

Rogers is a Brown next year

Some of Rogers' feelings stem back to two offseason incidents in which he believes Mangini disrespected him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and failed to say hello to Rogers. The next time, at a public charity function in which both men were in the green room, neither said hello to the other, and Mangini later said he didn't know Rogers was there

WAA WAA, cry me a river you puss..

Some of Rogers' feelings stem back to two offseason incidents in which he believes Mangini disrespected him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and failed to say hello to Rogers. The next time, at a public charity function in which both men were in the green room, neither said hello to the other, and Mangini later said he didn't know Rogers was there

WAA WAA, cry me a river you puss..

You're a new head coach of a team and you run a 3-4 defense. You walk into the training room and sitting there is your 360 lb, stud, pro bowl Nose Tackle that you have never met up until this point. The guy that is almost single-handidly responsible for making your 3-4 defense work and by far your best defensive player.

You don't say "hi" to the guy? Even if you're not interested in exchanging pleasantries with the guy, you know how important he is to you. You're not at all interested in talking football with him for a few minutes? See how he is feeling? See how he feels about the upcoming season? What he liked or disliked about his first year in a 3-4 defense last year? Find out what he feels he did well, what he feels he needed to improve on so it can help you start getting to know him and game planning for him? Etc.

Even if you want to say that it is not a "dick-move" on Mangini's part, fine. We disagree, but fine. But nobody can argue that it is not an absolutely stupid, incompetent, and irresponsible coaching move. This is why Eric does not have A CLUE! Just like here, he doesn't care about his players, doesn't care about their strengths and weaknesses, he'll just install his proven-to-be-sh1tty style of crap defense and force feed his players into it whether it plays to their strengths or not.

Why were some people sad to see this moron go again?

You're a new head coach of a team and you run a 3-4 defense. You walk into the training room and sitting there is your 360 lb, stud, pro bowl Nose Tackle that you have never met up until this point. The guy that is almost single-handidly responsible for making your 3-4 defense work and by far your best defensive player.

You don't say "hi" to the guy? Even if you're not interested in exchanging pleasantries with the guy, you know how important he is to you. You're not at all interested in talking football with him for a few minutes? See how he is feeling? See how he feels about the upcoming season? What he liked or disliked about his first year in a 3-4 defense last year? Find out what he feels he did well, what he feels he needed to improve on so it can help you start getting to know him and game planning for him? Etc.

Even if you want to say that it is not a "dick-move" on Mangini's part, fine. We disagree, but fine. But nobody can argue it is an absolutely stupid, incompetent, and irresponsible coaching move. This is why Eric does not have A CLUE! Just like here, he doesn't care about his players, doesn't care about their strengths and weaknesses, he'll just install his proven-to-be-sh1tty style of crap defense and force feed his players into it whether it plays to their strengths or not.

Why were some people sad to see the moron go again?

That quote about Mangini locking himself in his office all day says it all. Forget Xs and Os, this guy does not even have the personality to be a Head Coach.

Even if you want to say that it is not a "dick-move" on Mangini's part, fine. We disagree, but fine. But nobody can argue that it is not an absolutely stupid, incompetent, and irresponsible coaching move. This is why Eric does not have A CLUE! Just like here, he doesn't care about his players, doesn't care about their strengths and weaknesses, he'll just install his proven-to-be-sh1tty style of crap defense and force feed his players into it whether it plays to their strengths or not.

Why were some people sad to see this moron go again?

Tell you what, pay me what he makes and you can hurt my feelings all you want..in fact, you can beat my ass once a month while youre at it

Tell you what, pay me what he makes and you can hurt my feelings all you want..in fact, you can beat my ass once a month while youre at it

What about how stupid it is from a coaching point of view? You quoted my post, did you read it all? If so, do you disagree with that?

What about how stupid it is from a coaching point of view? You quoted my post, did you read it all? If so, do you disagree with that?

I did read the whole thing. As you said, a new head coach...he has more important things on his mind then worrying about hurting the big babys feelings...I am not trying to defend Mangini as much as pointing out that this 340lb + NT has got to be kidding with this dis-respected me crap..

I did read the whole thing. As you said, a new head coach...he has more important things on his mind then worrying about hurting the big babys feelings...I am not trying to defend Mangini as much as pointing out that this 340lb + NT has got to be kidding with this dis-respected me crap..

Disrespect was the reporters word.

I'm sure Rogers just feels he is an @sshole. And in that sentiment, he is right.

And if he thinks he is incompetent for not wanting to talk football for a minute with BY FAR his best and most important defensive player on two separate occasions, he is right again.

This was when Mangini was getting his initial tour of the Browns' training room and a charity function. What do you mean he has more important things on his mind?

And not for nothing, but it means that after the season's end, instead of stuffing his face at Sizzler, the a-hole Rogers was seen in two places: the team's training room and a charity event. What a lowlife.

Look, I believe that the player answers to the coach and not the other way around. But this crap was just unnecessary on Mangini's part. Not once, but twice. He couldn't even pick up his hand to give him a 'whats up' half-hello? His "I didn't see him" (twice) is about as believable as the "accident" when veteran/NFLPA rep Pete Kendall was put in the rookie dorm...right after he called out the team publicly.

I wouldn't give a second thought to Mangini being a douchebag if he was great at his job. BB, Parcells, Shanahan, Coughlin, Gruden -- at one time or another these guys were thought of as "great" coaches. So them being scumbags was/is an acceptable part of the packge. But just like Gruden, as soon as you stop winning, the "Kneel down to the scumbag" routine is not too readily accepted.

Shaun Rogers is in a room. Mangini walks through said room without saying hi. The shrieking feedback loop that is the suckass sports media siezes on this nonstory. Agent sees opportunity.

You stop buying the soap opera, they'll stop selling it.

What a fat sensitive 390lb baby that Rogers is. maybe we should get him a bonnet and a teething ring and a pair of diapers too.

thank you Jimmy..some people on this board just have such an intense hatred for ex-coaches that they seize any opportunity to bash them, even over such non-issues as this. You guys better get your Rexy bashes in order too, he will be an ex coach one day too.

thank you Jimmy..some people on this board just have such an intense hatred for ex-coaches that they seize any opportunity to bash them, even over such non-issues as this. You guys better get your Rexy bashes in order too, he will be an ex coach one day too.

Let's take a step back here though. This situation is a combination of two things. A whiny player, and a coach who doesn't know how to change. Rogers is a known malcontent, playing in Detroit and going to another sucky team might do that to you. Mangini comes in and is probably shaking things up in a unsavory way like he tends to do. Mangini is a smart guy though, that's kinda what blows me away about this. He came to the Jets and forced a 3-4 here. He dealt with having the wrong staff and he saw the results of that. If you now have a guy you can mold into a POWERHOUSE NT and you decide for some reason to ignore him and not smooth it over immidiately just blows my mind. I dunno, for me I'm not surprised if Mangini follows the same arch he did here in his first season, although that division will be brutal.

Rogers is being EMO here, but there has to be other reasons behind it. I think he & his agent are shopping his services around the league on the DL and they're getting a sniff that there is a better situation elsewhere.

Plus, let's get real here. Mangini does not have a good reputation in NFL circles. This is the only possible HC job he could have gotten because of his connection to the Browns owner. When Mangini came to the Jets he had Belichick* SB rings backing him up. Now Mangini doesn't have that. He's just another failed HC, so the skepticism by the players is evident.

Rogers is being EMO here, but there has to be other reasons behind it. I think he & his agent are shopping his services around the league on the DL and they're getting a sniff that there is a better situation elsewhere.

Plus, let's get real here. Mangini does not have a good reputation in NFL circles. This is the only possible HC job he could have gotten because of his connection to the Browns owner. When Mangini came to the Jets he had Belichick* SB rings backing him up. Now Mangini doesn't have that. He's just another failed HC, so the skepticism by the players is evident.

If Rogers is EMO, he must be this class of emo

fat_emo.jpg

Archived