Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

No I don't. I see townies wondering why their NKs aren't going through successfully and accusing innocent family members of faulty sh1t due to confusion so I'm just trying to bring some clarity to the situation and let you know maybe it isn't so in-depth and complicated as you're thinking it is.

How exactly does that **** the town?

You're killin' me Smalls.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!!!

Not for everyone though. Bright and early this morning there were reports of 2 arrests last night!! Seems like the coppers are tightening the noose around the family.

First in was news that Franki Manicotti got picked up at about 4am last night. Franki's the newest guy in the crew, so there wasn't much more information available other then he was still up reading through his notes, trying to find clues as to the remaining coppers. He had a future as a criminal mastermind..

SonArrestedEYEVINE_468x576.jpg

Franki Manicotti (Dan X) Loyal Family Member (roleless townie) was arrested last night and is being held at the 22nd precinct

-------------------------------------------

Next up was the big news of the night. Apparently Silvio Sfogliatelle got busted at 6 am when he got home from a night time activity of some sort. Here's the deal though, apparently Silvio was working under cover for a different precinct. Rather then play it cool, the dude freaked out and totally blew his cover. Tony's cousin Tina lives a few doors down and witnessed the whole thing, starts off yelling about governmental bureaucracy and ends up balling his eyes out like a little girl when the arresting officers weren't buying it.

Stinken pigs are arresting one another now. Ha!

paris-hilton-wearing-police-car-crying.jpg

Silvio Sfogliatelle- AKA Kenneth Smith (Jets Voice of Reason) Honorable member of the 22nd Precinct and unit watcher/tracker (AKA MAFIA SCUM with a role!) was arrested last night and is being held at the 51st precinct

Roster:

1) Doggin - Neutral - modkilled

2) EY

3) JMJ

4) Woody

5) Norway Whacked day 2

6) Jif - Homo

7) Vic

8) Irish Whacked day 1

9) Bleedin Shot night 1

10) Jvor Arrested night 4

11) Dan X Arrested night 4

12) SMC - Neutral - modkilled

13) SHarrow

14) AVM Whacked day 4

15) Jets Things Arrested night 3

16) Jets Babe

17) Crusher

18) Slats

With 9 players left, it takes 5 to whack

Oh snap!

I knew JVOR was scum. I knew it!!! I was going to post a case before the night scene, but didnt want to draw attention to myself.

Alright, there is obviously some more goodness taking place than we thought. CTM has created quite doosey.

Why 2 arrests? Both being held a different precincts.

Who is Tony and who is Tina?

EY? Why did you survive the night? Is the mafia planning on the town taking you down tonight.

FTR, I ****ing hate cops.

Oh snap!

I knew JVOR was scum. I knew it!!! I was going to post a case before the night scene, but didnt want to draw attention to myself.

Alright, there is obviously some more goodness taking place than we thought. CTM has created quite doosey.

EY? Why did you survive the night? Is the mafia planning on the town taking you down tonight.

EDIT: Today

Roster:

1) Doggin - Neutral - modkilled

2) EY

3) JMJ

4) Woody

5) Norway Whacked day 2

6) Jif - Homo

7) Vic

8) Irish Whacked day 1

9) Bleedin Shot night 1

10) Jvor Arrested night 4

11) Dan X Arrested night 4

12) SMC - Neutral - modkilled

13) SHarrow

14) AVM Whacked day 4

15) Jets Things Arrested night 3

16) Jets Babe

17) Crusher

18) Slats

With 9 players left, it takes 5 to whack

Alright, I am starting to get ****ing pissed off here...

Wow, looks like things are getting crazy. Thanks CTM and everyone for a fun first game. :D Good luck, townies!

(And now that I'm just following along, can we get some more Crusher in the house? I need some laughs. :D)

Oh snap!

Probably.

I don't have much time on my hands to go back and review it today, but can anyone take a closer look at EY's involvement/correspondences with JVOR?

EY is either scum himself or the scum is expecting us to take him out today for them. Since that very well may happen, we should at least try and do our homework to make sure we're not doing them a favor if we do indeed do it.

Oh snap!

Just in case this wasn't mentioned (it used to be over at JI) anything like that said in death scenes is almost always going to be just flavor text to make it somewhat interesting to read. Doggin used to post actual player names in his death scenes but I try and avoid that by just making names up. Nothing should be read into Tony and Tina ;)

Oh snap!

I start by saying Dan X was on to something. That's probably why he was gone, but the death of JVOR is another interesting thing. Clearly we have two cop teams. That's why you're seeing so many dead.

A working model I've got right now are Doggin/Irish together and JVOR on the other side. (JVOR voted for Doggin and Irish. Doggin did not vote for Irish. Irish was 51st precinct, JVOR was kept in the 51st precinct.)

The JVOR team arrested Dan X and Jets Things. The Doggin/Irish team has arrested JVOR.

Both precincts are still active, so we'd have to assume it's 3 vs 3 vs Us.

The question I have, and I think the answer is no, is 'was JVOR's arrest an accident?' Does scum target each other? I think they would. As there'd be no purpose of having two teams then.

Why am I alive?

Well, I was not out suspicion before yesterday, and I'm still not now.

Also, we've learned the cops can be arrested. The real question is, if I were a rival cop, why wouldn't I have been targeted from the get-go?

The reality seems to be that both teams deseperately want you to whack me.

With the AVM reveal accusing me (which still has a # of holes, as I will point out later) I'm again the easy target.

If JVOR was NK'd by one of the teams, why wouldn't I have been targetted. As one poster said, at some point I would have just been alive too long. You guys will kill me eventually and do the scums bidding.

EY's alive because he's effectively doing the scum's work for them in the daytime. He led the crusade to lynch our lawyer, and was the pivotal player in taking down AVM. It's obvious now that the scum had their own investigator (makes sense, being that they're cops), so maybe the daytime kills of important town role players isn't such a coincidence.

I tried to defend AVM with zero results. EY was very strong on the point that he couldn't be telling the truth because the Wiki didn't have a role like the one he described listed. Or that it didn't make sense that AVM chose to block EY two nights, but the scum got an arrest on the second night. It was another speedlynch when we should've learned from the first one. And an experienced player like EY should've known the first time.

The other theory that he completely dismissed out of hand is the possibility that the scum could turn a loyal townie to scum as a night action. It's something we saw happen in the Zombie game, and it could easily be written into this one. That sort of thing happens all the time in mafia drama. Guy gets picked up where no one else sees, and he's given the option to rat out his pals or go away for a long time himself. Very plausible! Not something to be dismissed without any discussion as EY did. It's a very good possible explanation (for me) as to why we didn't see any night action in the first two nights from the scum.

I think it's possible that EY's brilliant hit on IJ was completely legit, and that the scum turned him that night. He already had a case against Norway brewing before that happened, and was more than happy to present it as scum when he found out that Norway was innocent. Of course, it's also possible that it was a clever scum move from the onset to gain the trust of the town.

He's lost mine.

vote: EY

And I think it's wrong to presume that Doggin was scum at this point, too. He very possibly was, but a lot of people wrongly thought Norway and AVM were scum, too, and now the family's crippled as a result.

EY's alive because he's effectively doing the scum's work for them in the daytime. He led the crusade to lynch our lawyer, and was the pivotal player in taking down AVM. It's obvious now that the scum had their own investigator (makes sense, being that they're cops), so maybe the daytime kills of important town role players isn't such a coincidence.

I tried to defend AVM with zero results. EY was very strong on the point that he couldn't be telling the truth because the Wiki didn't have a role like the one he described listed. Or that it didn't make sense that AVM chose to block EY two nights, but the scum got an arrest on the second night. It was another speedlynch when we should've learned from the first one. And an experienced player like EY should've known the first time.

The other theory that he completely dismissed out of hand is the possibility that the scum could turn a loyal townie to scum as a night action. It's something we saw happen in the Zombie game, and it could easily be written into this one. That sort of thing happens all the time in mafia drama. Guy gets picked up where no one else sees, and he's given the option to rat out his pals or go away for a long time himself. Very plausible! Not something to be dismissed without any discussion as EY did. It's a very good possible explanation (for me) as to why we didn't see any night action in the first two nights from the scum.

I think it's possible that EY's brilliant hit on IJ was completely legit, and that the scum turned him that night. He already had a case against Norway brewing before that happened, and was more than happy to present it as scum when he found out that Norway was innocent. Of course, it's also possible that it was a clever scum move from the onset to gain the trust of the town.

He's lost mine.

And I think it's wrong to presume that Doggin was scum at this point, too. He very possibly was, but a lot of people wrongly thought Norway and AVM were scum, too, and now the family's crippled as a result.

That is my feeling at this point also. The "brilliant" accusation and lead on lynching Irish was to gain the town's trust to then just be able to say, "Hey, you're right about some and wrong about others in leading other (negative) crusades."

EY is a smart and articulate poster, he can make a compelling case against anyone if he wants. And with the clout he built up with the Irish whacking it was safe to assume the town (family) would follow him on the next few.

He has been so outspoken on all day votes thus far which wreaks of scumminess. Not once has he been indecisive. He has been all-out, 100% "lets kill him" on all of them which is a sign he is pushing an agenda.

He's lost mine.

I was absolutely not the key player in AVM's demise... I simply defended myself based on the whole that was created by SMC still being alive.

The other whole in AVM's theory is that if he roleblocked me night 3, which we absolutely have to assume he did, how did we get the arrest?

The Wiki was not my main point. And I had one post on it. My main point was that SMC was still alive even when he wasn't role blocked. Why is that? I've asked that question many times, and that was the point I was strong on.

I was in the middle of the pack on the votes, so I don't know how I can get blamed for a speed-lynch there. Again, sure, people listen to me, but I'm 1 vote, not 7. Don't blame me for everyone elses actions.

Scum turned townies in a Zombie game. That's totally different. That game also brought people back from the dead, should we expect that? Maybe Doggin and SMC will be back? It was also the first game on JN or JI where that ever happened. So, no I don't believe it's possible. It may happen in the Sopranos, but in the mafia games, it's not 'very plausable', as it's happened once in maybe 10 games, and that was in a game about ZOMBIES!

That is my feeling at this point also. The "brilliant" accusation and lead on lynching Irish was to gain the town's trust to then just be able to say, "Hey, you're right about some and wrong about others in leading other (negative) crusades."

I would never do this day 1. I could have let 2-3 innocents die before 'gaining' your trust. No reason I would need it after the first day.

EY is a smart and articulate poster, he can make a compelling case against anyone if he wants. And with the clout he built up with the Irish whacking it was safe to assume the town (family) would follow him on the next few.

Here's the thing. If I were scum, I'd have no reason to lead the charge. I could hit any one of the town and its just the same for me.

He has been so outspoken on all day votes thus far which wreaks of scumminess. Not once has he been indecisive. He has been all-out, 100% "lets kill him" on all of them which is a sign he is pushing an agenda.

Doggin, who I tried to kill, confirmed the fact that this is how I play. I get an idea, I check it with the posts, and I go for it all out. Doggin and CTM both develop complex strategies while I have an ability for reading peoples intentions. I go with that, and in almost 25 years of life, have learned to trust it.

I was in the middle of the pack on the votes, so I don't know how I can get blamed for a speed-lynch there. Again, sure, people listen to me, but I'm 1 vote, not 7. Don't blame me for everyone elses actions.

Middle of the pack? You were the extremely vocal second vote, and very eager to post it up.

Nice research JiF. I noticed a few of the things you've mentioned. Combined with Sharrow's original post, my research, and Dan X's top suspicion... It's enough to get my vote for now.

Lets hear these "new ideas".

Vote: AVM

JiF wasn't done.

Oh, I misread this. I'm still confident in my vote, but interested to read more.

Final Vote Count

AVM (7) Sharrow, EY, Vic, Woody, JMJ, Jif, JVOR

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to whack

scene coming..

I wish I had time to really disect this today. But I don't. I want to get as much of a case out there, though, before I'm likely away from my computer for the day.

Doggin and CTM both develop complex strategies while I have an ability for reading peoples intentions. I go with that, and in almost 25 years of life, have learned to trust it.

Best case scenario, then, is that your Biorhythms are off this week, because you've been a major player in whacking two important innocents this game.

I think this family would be foolish to follow you again.

Middle of the pack? You were the extremely vocal second vote, and very eager to post it up.

I wish I had time to really disect this today. But I don't. I want to get as much of a case out there, though, before I'm likely away from my computer for the day.

Everyone except you and JMJ was ready to kill AVM. I was vocal after he came back because he blatantly accused me, with no explanation for how if I were guilty, I would have been able to make an arrest of Jets Things. Moreover, if he did not role-block SMC, why was Doggin still alive?

The Doggin no reveal kills me. Because when you saw he was guilty, you'd see that I fought for two scum members to die in 3 days.

Make no mistake, Doggin is 100% guilty. You don't want to acknowledge that because it helps your case against me.

Alright, well, EY is the obvious suspect.

I somewhat led what I thought was an obvious charge on AVM. I built a case that felt confident about and dismissed a case that I felt very good about as well, Crusher.

I am going to go back and build my case against Crusher....the problem is....a lot of it was predicated on the fact that Doggin was guilty, which I am not sure was the case now...though I still feel very confident he was.

We all know the case against EY, I think after 2 EXTREMELY unsuccessful lynching's of town role players, we need to have multiple cases going.

Best case scenario, then, is that your Biorhythms are off this week, because you've been a major player in whacking two important innocents this game.

I think this family would be foolish to follow you again.

Norway acted scummy as hell. The evidence was all there against him. I would make the same case OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. He aligned himself foolishly with Doggin in the night phase.

Doggin was guilty. No question.

Oh snap!

Yeah ok. So is that why you called out and presented cases on myself and AVM? I on the other hand pointed out inconsistencies in JVOR game and I was right.

Wow, looks like things are getting crazy. Thanks CTM and everyone for a fun first game. :D Good luck, townies!

(And now that I'm just following along, can we get some more Crusher in the house? I need some laughs. :D)

Im going to have the old lady make you some nice Veal Marsala and have someone run it down to you. Do good time and keep your mouth shut. Good luck paison.

Crusher has been playing very relaxed and laid back. When he was a townie he was much more aggressive.

Why because I didn't take place on the absolutely bum rushing of AVM? Look at how that vote went down, and he never got a chanve to defend himself. Vic I actually think you are innocent. But I would like to put a huge FOS on JiF(sniff sniff), FOS on JMJ.

He's lost mine.

Good points, and while my FOS is on EY for those reasons, I'm not so sure if I'm ready to vote for him yet. Eliminating EY is a big bust or boom, simply because he is such an active player with a lot of insight. If EY is scum, awesome. If EY is a townie, well...crap.

Yeah ok. So is that why you called out and presented cases on myself and AVM? I on the other hand pointed out inconsistencies in JVOR game and I was right.

I figured out after I realized how wrong I was about AVM. He posted something very scummy.

Crusher, what is your thoughts on last night?

I didn't want to have to do this, but here's why Doggin was definitely guilty:

On Doggin94it's Guilt

1) SMC posts PMs during the day.

Now, here's why we should trust they are real. The punishment. CTM acted punitively against SMC. Do we all believe that he would have acted in such a manner had it been false? I believe he would have just stayed out of it, and repremanded SMC behind the scenes.

Another option, was that he could have punished SMC by revealing Doggin as innocent, if that were true. This would surely be a punishment to SMC's team (if there was one) because it would be obvious who was supporting the lynch of Doggin.

2) SMC posts PMs during the night.

I think we all knew this was coming. SMC was pissed off. I'm not sure he had good reason to be, but he was. At 12:23, he figured out that he was modkilled. Post 1727. At 12:36, Post 1734, he posted two screenshots from CTM with his original role and a comment about the NK on Doggin not going through.

That is 13 minutes for him to take 2 screen shots, edit them in photoshop with falsified information, upload them to a photosharing site, and compose a multicolored message. I say, considering the need to photoshop, that's just not enough time for them not to be real.

3) No Bullets after SMC's death

SMC admitted to killing BG by shooting him. As has been pointed out, there has been no other shots since then. It's feasable to believe he was 'roleblocked' and thats why he got no kill night two. And now, with an arrest rather than a kill, I think that adds to his case.

------------------------------

So, yes, I was a part of killing AVM, who made an argument, full of holes, as to why I was guilty. I was 2nd, but I looked at his posts, and JiF was clearly going that way, as were many other people.

I put my vote places, I don't sit around like some others.

Also, I led the charge against Norway, who I've said many times, was scummy by aligning himself with Doggin, who if you still don't believe is guilty, I guess I wont be seeing you at any Mensa meetings. He also did not vote for Irish, and a dozen other things I pointed out.

So, while I may have been instrumental in killing the Doctor, and a part of killing the 'Role Blocker' who accused me of being scum without explaining how I could have arrested someone if I was role blocked.

But the argument that's being ignored, is that without me, the town has killed 0 scum. 0. And in all likelihood, as SMC, who I think has clearly been vindicated, he would have come for Norway sooner or later. Probably sooner.

So, please keep that in mind before you cast your vote. SMC and I led the charge on Doggin. I led the charge on Irish. I've successfully taken down the only scum that wasn't 'arrested' to this point.

---------------------------------

Guys, I'm alive for one reason. For you to kill me. Because that would be so damn easy. Doggin set this up because he wants to toy with me. That's what he does.

FTR, Crusher, this is when I knew JVOR was scum. JMJ hinted to a powerful role pro town and JVOR came out with the bold

WTF???

If you are telling the truth, you realize how that ****s the town?

This is what JVOR came back with.

Not only that, he would have freaking lied about having a role too.

So I set him up knowing damn well he was hinting toward, "lynch all liars"....

What are you implying?

He never responded. Thats when I knew JVOR was scum. That neither here nor there...I got my case coming for you.

Scum turned townies in a Zombie game. That's totally different. That game also brought people back from the dead, should we expect that? Maybe Doggin and SMC will be back? It was also the first game on JN or JI where that ever happened. So, no I don't believe it's possible. It may happen in the Sopranos, but in the mafia games, it's not 'very plausable', as it's happened once in maybe 10 games, and that was in a game about ZOMBIES!

CTM's put together a very intricate game here, it seems. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that Dan X is the first roleless townie to be revealed. Lots of role players have already gone, To completely dismiss the idea that the scum could've turned an innocent as one of their night actions is, in and of itself, scummy to me.

But you already offered another possibly explanation, with seems even more far-fetched:

Both precincts are still active, so we'd have to assume it's 3 vs 3 vs Us.

The question I have, and I think the answer is no, is 'was JVOR's arrest an accident?' Does scum target each other? I think they would. As there'd be no purpose of having two teams then.

Three teams makes sense to you, but the idea that a player could've been turned on night one makes no sense?

But even in this case, maybe you're aligned with one group, took down a player in IJ that all you knew about him was that he wasn't on your team - and you become hero of the family with a little bit of luck.

Again, you were not middle of the pack. You were vote #2 and the driving force behind the lynch. People still trusted you, and with no role reveal from Doggin, just made the assumption that Doggin was scum. Just as they (we) did with Norway and AVM.

You're trying to downplay your role in AVM's lynch now. I implore every loyal family member to go back and read that whole day (won't take long) and tell me how "middle of the pack" EY was on that one.

Everyone except you and JMJ was ready to kill AVM. I was vocal after he came back because he blatantly accused me, with no explanation for how if I were guilty, I would have been able to make an arrest of Jets Things. Moreover, if he did not role-block SMC, why was Doggin still alive?

The Doggin no reveal kills me. Because when you saw he was guilty, you'd see that I fought for two scum members to die in 3 days.

Make no mistake, Doggin is 100% guilty. You don't want to acknowledge that because it helps your case against me.

I don't want to acknowledge that because it's no safer to assume than it was to assume that Norway and AVM were scum. You were 100% sure on them, too, right?

The lack of a Doggin reveal fcuked the town, not you. For all we know, it's helped you live another day. I voted to lynch him because I thought he was scummy AND because I though lynching him would get us some truth. Unfortunately, the modkill yielded us neither.

As for SMC, it's possible that his role would result in a NK only 50% of the time. Or it's possible that once the lawyer was whacked that there's another player who took the role over. You see that in these games, too. A retired doc or nurse who becomes a full doc when the doc's killed. Lots of possibilities there. You know better than I do.

Oh snap!

Seems like there are 2 different mafias, no?

I didn't want to have to do this, but here's why Doggin was definitely guilty:

On Doggin94it's Guilt

1) SMC posts PMs during the day.

Now, here's why we should trust they are real. The punishment. CTM acted punitively against SMC. Do we all believe that he would have acted in such a manner had it been false? I believe he would have just stayed out of it, and repremanded SMC behind the scenes.

Another option, was that he could have punished SMC by revealing Doggin as innocent, if that were true. This would surely be a punishment to SMC's team (if there was one) because it would be obvious who was supporting the lynch of Doggin.

2) SMC posts PMs during the night.

I think we all knew this was coming. SMC was pissed off. I'm not sure he had good reason to be, but he was. At 12:23, he figured out that he was modkilled. Post 1727. At 12:36, Post 1734, he posted two screenshots from CTM with his original role and a comment about the NK on Doggin not going through.

That is 13 minutes for him to take 2 screen shots, edit them in photoshop with falsified information, upload them to a photosharing site, and compose a multicolored message. I say, considering the need to photoshop, that's just not enough time for them not to be real.

3) No Bullets after SMC's death

SMC admitted to killing BG by shooting him. As has been pointed out, there has been no other shots since then. It's feasable to believe he was 'roleblocked' and thats why he got no kill night two. And now, with an arrest rather than a kill, I think that adds to his case.

------------------------------

So, yes, I was a part of killing AVM, who made an argument, full of holes, as to why I was guilty. I was 2nd, but I looked at his posts, and JiF was clearly going that way, as were many other people.

I put my vote places, I don't sit around like some others.

Also, I led the charge against Norway, who I've said many times, was scummy by aligning himself with Doggin, who if you still don't believe is guilty, I guess I wont be seeing you at any Mensa meetings. He also did not vote for Irish, and a dozen other things I pointed out.

So, while I may have been instrumental in killing the Doctor, and a part of killing the 'Role Blocker' who accused me of being scum without explaining how I could have arrested someone if I was role blocked.

But the argument that's being ignored, is that without me, the town has killed 0 scum. 0. And in all likelihood, as SMC, who I think has clearly been vindicated, he would have come for Norway sooner or later. Probably sooner.

So, please keep that in mind before you cast your vote. SMC and I led the charge on Doggin. I led the charge on Irish. I've successfully taken down the only scum that wasn't 'arrested' to this point.

---------------------------------

Guys, I'm alive for one reason. For you to kill me. Because that would be so damn easy. Doggin set this up because he wants to toy with me. That's what he does.

This post exonerates SMC to a degree, but really doesn't incriminate Doggin.

SMC's role was both an asset and a danger to the town, as he demonstrated by killing the innocent Bleedin' night one (? - I think it was night one). You aligning yourself with him doesn't make you innocent at all, as he could clearly be a scum asset without even wanting to be.

Archived