Bengals Bag Tank Johnson

Jetscode1

Eff all of you. Especially you Blackout who seemingly doesn't think a brother deserves another chance. This was a solid signing by the Bengals.

by brother are speaking of a black person???? What does it matter what color you are? Just wondering, because I don't care who or what these peoples color or religion are. The nfl needs to get serious about dirt bags like Tank. And trust me I'm all for giving a person a chance. A as in One. We all make mistakes and if anyone on here says different then they are lying. But, damn. How many chances do you get? I say one time and your suspended for a year. After that, go bag groceiries, dig ditches, or any other job that us regular people have to do and tell me how you like that.

This is a good signing for the Bengals. They will becoming much stronger at the point of attack, which improves a big weakness for them over the last several years.

I don't see why people are getting on Tank's case. He has not been in trouble since his suspension. From everything I have read, he has cleaned up his life.

This is a good signing for the Bengals. They will becoming much stronger at the point of attack, which improves a big weakness for them over the last several years.

I don't see why people are getting on Tank's case. He has not been in trouble since his suspension. From everything I have read, he has cleaned up his life.

+1

Good signing. They need help in the trenches and he'll provide it.

They could go after Raji in the draft to give them a DOMINANT DT tandem.

+1

Good signing. They need help in the trenches and he'll provide it.

They could go after Raji in the draft to give them a DOMINANT DT tandem.

Dominant? Your kidding right?

Tank Johnson F'ing blows man. He's not good at all.

The problem with this signing is not how Tank will perform on the field (inconsistent as his past history suggests). The bigger problem is the Brown family consistently overlooking the off-field issues to add another potential knucklehead into a locker room full of them. It has gone beyond the occasional "let's give him another chance" routine and become a work release program for troubled football players. The fans and sport writers are no longer even fazed by actions from this ownership group. The facts are the locker room can integrate an occasional troublemaker but if you add too many to the mix it becomes a toxic ****tail where Marvin Lewis cannot instill discipline or hold players accountable. Whether the Brown family is doing this to get a player at a discount price or maybe just to prove the altruistic intentions I cannot see how this helps the Bengals in the near or long term. The article below gives some insight on Tank Johnson and his potential to the Bengals.

As the Dallas Morning News' Todd Archer points out, Johnson's Dallas career can best be summarized as that guy who walked off the field after the Week 17 Eagles' drubbing yelling, "I'm a free agent, baby!" Archer adds:

The Cowboys did not make an effort to keep Johnson, who had 45 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble last season. In his two years with the Cowboys, Johnson played only OK and never seemed to buy into the responsibilities of the nose tackle in this system. In other words, he freelanced too much.

Unlike years past, the Bengals' defense wasn't the problem in '08 (they ranked seventh in the league against the run, 16th against the pass, according to Football Outsiders). Yet, ironically, somebody in the front office thought signing Johnson would be a swell idea. And last season's 4-11-1 record starts to make perfect sense.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/07/bengals-sign-tank-johnson/

by brother are speaking of a black person????

"Rufus, Brint, and Meekus were like brothers to me. And when I say brother, I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful, I think."

Eff all of you. Especially you Blackout who seemingly doesn't think a brother deserves another chance. This was a solid signing by the Bengals.

Poor Blackout. He actually cracks a decent joke and posts with common sense and he gets dogged for his point of view because, apparently, all black people are supposed to support Tank Johnson.

Archived