New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Not a father yet, but being a husband is not easy. I'd say we average sex 3-4 times a week (mostly on weekends) with a one-day-a-month outlier or 3-4 times in that day. As for the marathon masturbation sessions...well, I DO work from home 4 days a week. :corn:

Yea keep patting yourself on the back. Once you knock up your woman wait to see that drop.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, those are not bad habits when you get married. That's what will keep you sane while married.

And be happy if you can average sex 1 day a month. I once had sex only 3 times in a year once. Being a father is easy, being a husband is hard. But hey, it's life.

I went through that in my first marriage as well. The challenge was my ex was having having sex three times a week.

I'm gonna...

unvote: Vicious

...for now. I've heard enough for today. I have to start getting myself ready and out to work. Don't want him lynched while I'm away. Looking forward to seeing some of these scheduled inactives chime in this afternoon.

Dude, those are not bad habits when you get married. That's what will keep you sane while married.

And be happy if you can average sex 1 day a month. I once had sex only 3 times in a year once. Being a father is easy, being a husband is hard. But hey, it's life.

Ya know, that seems to be very, very sound advice, thanks. I know I do want to be a father at some point, and I'm getting up there. When she poops out a kid, I'll be ready.

I don't want to overthink it, but CTM did say that he hand-picked the roles last game.

Everything was random except promoting EY and Doggin to godfather roles since the teams were small and they were likely early investigations (and they were investigated nights 1 and 2)

I also gave EY mafia becaues JVOR was mafia and EY had told me he planned to railroad JVOR day 1, which didn't work for me since the mafia teams were so small. THe only way to prevent this was to make JVOR town or make em both mafia.. I went with the latter..

FTR. I do role everything as random, but have on occasion rerolled if a setup doesn't look like it'll work well. For instance, if my game had a cop but no godfather, it wouldn't work to have 3 very vocal players as mafia as they'd stand almost no chance

without the benefit of seeing any of Vic's prior mood swings I have to say the lashing out was curious. I could see it it being staged with a "why would I act so crazy if I'm mafia" defense. Maybe he collaborated with fellow scum to devise this scheme? I'm not sure yet... suffice to say he has really kind of put himself out there. Not changing the vote yet but the gun is now kocked... and don't start with your gay jokes again.

Hey, what you do with gerbils is your business, Mr. Brady. :P

Ya know, that seems to be very, very sound advice, thanks. I know I do want to be a father at some point, and I'm getting up there. When she poops out a kid, I'll be ready.

Being a dad is awesome man.

Plus it all really depends on your lady. I get it once a week. Sometimes twice. It's increased now cause the kid has been doing better at night. :headbang:

Being a dad is awesome man.

Plus it all really depends on your lady. I get it once a week. Sometimes twice. It's increased now cause the kid has been doing better at night. :headbang:

I know it is, I just wanna stay a "kid" as long as I can. My best friend from HS lives about 15 minutes from me and has 5 and 3 year old boys. I love being "Uncle Noah", but after 3 hours with them, I'm wiped, I don't know how he does it!

My fiance is 30, and she' sstarting to make noise. I did get her to agree on 5 years wait, at most, but she's backtracking. I'm trying to convince her that we have a legally binding verbal contract but she's much smarter than I and has a lawyer-sister.

My last chance is to argue that we should wait until Goofy Maloof Turkey passes (at left). He's 16 and has diabetes. However, I could see him living for another 4-8 years, so I could really win here....other than being 45ish when I have a kid!

I know it is, I just wanna stay a "kid" as long as I can. My best friend from HS lives about 15 minutes from me and has 5 and 3 year old boys. I love being "Uncle Noah", but after 3 hours with them, I'm wiped, I don't know how he does it!

My fiance is 30, and she' sstarting to make noise. I did get her to agree on 5 years wait, at most, but she's backtracking. I'm trying to convince her that we have a legally binding verbal contract but she's much smarter than I and has a lawyer-sister.

My last chance is to argue that we should wait until Goofy Maloof Turkey passes (at left). He's 16 and has diabetes. However, I could see him living for another 4-8 years, so I could really win here....other than being 45ish when I have a kid!

what is a goofy maloof turkey?

30 is the age the women want the babies. My lady wanted to have 2-3 done by age 35, she's 32 now and my kid has made her rethink only one more and probably not for another 3 years. :D

All I will say is this. You do stop doing things. But at the same time you start and get to look forward to reliving your childhood again through your kid. For me I cannot wait until the day I take my son to Yankee stadium and get to live that excitement and pure joy that kids have. As ghey as it sounds... it makes your life richer. The other hobbies are just a sense of identity we all have and we have to keep some. I'm lucky my lady respects a good portion of those.

That's cool, here's a post count update:

Vicious89x 55

CTM 31

Jets Voice of Reason 26

SMC 26

AVM 21

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof 21

Bleedin' Green 19

JiF 18

WoodyPaige 16

Pac2566 15

Dan X 14

slats 13

Jets Things 10

Doggin94it 9

Jets Babe 9

Sharrow 6

The Crusher 5

EY 4

Pot meet kettle. :lol:

Not only was it my birthday yesterday, but I work a lot of midnight shifts. I'm working 3PM today until 7AM tomorrow, too. I'll be around a lot then, not so much tomorrow between 7 and 12.

:rl: It never ends.

If you would pay attention to what I've said on this topic many times before. I do not agree with the tactic of mindlessly counting posts without regards to length and content.

You, however, have continuously used this strategy. My point was that the biggest advocate of blind post counts was himself not posting frequently. I thought that discrepancy was odd.

I also acknowledged that it was your birthday yesterday and wanted to see if you would be more talkative today. Which, so far, you have been. :D

I don't know how many times I've said that some people tend to make many brief non-game-related posts, and some people tend to make longer game-related posts less frequently due to work or whatever. If I were simply trying to pick out people with few posts, I'd obviously be focusing on EY at this point. What stood out to me was that you're the one who likes counting numbers of posts, yet you were not posting a lot.

Now I'm not sure if you simply missed my point or if this was a deflection attempt.

I will never complain about being stressed out, ever again.

Dude, you watched the Dave Chappelle show, right?

Did you see the skit about the sex & relationships? If I remember it correctly it went as follows:

It has 3 scenes. Dave is with his girlfriend as a teenager and he's begging her for sex. Once she's agrees he shoots his load before they actually do anything.

In the second scene Dave is in his 20s and he's with his girlfriend. He begs her for sex and she gives in and they have crazy sex.

In the third scene, Dave is in bed with his wife. He asks her for sex and she says "not tonight." Dave says FU, turns away from her, and starts jerking off.

Dude, you watched the Dave Chappelle show, right?

Did you see the skit about the sex & relationships? If I remember it correctly it went as follows:

It has 3 scenes. Dave is with his girlfriend as a teenager and he's begging her for sex. Once she's agrees he shoots his load before they actually do anything.

In the second scene Dave is in his 20s and he's with his girlfriend. He begs her for sex and she gives in and they have crazy sex.

In the third scene, Dave is in bed with his wife. He asks her for sex and she says "not tonight." Dave says FU, turns away from her, and starts jerking off.

I actually lol'd at this. Yes I clearly do remember this skit. The other option is finding a mistress but then you risk losing everything you have. The only thing that sucks about working here are all the hot designer girls. Seems like most artsy, into fashion girls are usually attractive.

Everything was random except promoting EY and Doggin to godfather roles since the teams were small and they were likely early investigations (and they were investigated nights 1 and 2)

I also gave EY mafia becaues JVOR was mafia and EY had told me he planned to railroad JVOR day 1, which didn't work for me since the mafia teams were so small. THe only way to prevent this was to make JVOR town or make em both mafia.. I went with the latter..

FTR. I do role everything as random, but have on occasion rerolled if a setup doesn't look like it'll work well. For instance, if my game had a cop but no godfather, it wouldn't work to have 3 very vocal players as mafia as they'd stand almost no chance

Just out of curiosity, how often do these kinds of rearrangements happen? I imagine that if everything is random at first, lopsided setups must crop up pretty frequently. How much do mods generally tweak things to keep the game balanced?

:rl: It never ends.

If you would pay attention to what I've said on this topic many times before. I do not agree with the tactic of mindlessly counting posts without regards to length and content.

You, however, have continuously used this strategy. My point was that the biggest advocate of blind post counts was himself not posting frequently. I thought that discrepancy was odd.

I also acknowledged that it was your birthday yesterday and wanted to see if you would be more talkative today. Which, so far, you have been. :D

I don't know how many times I've said that some people tend to make many brief non-game-related posts, and some people tend to make longer game-related posts less frequently due to work or whatever. If I were simply trying to pick out people with few posts, I'd obviously be focusing on EY at this point. What stood out to me was that you're the one who likes counting numbers of posts, yet you were not posting a lot.

Now I'm not sure if you simply missed my point or if this was a deflection attempt.

Going after inactives seems to be a common strategy in these games. Like you, this is only my second time around, so I don't know how "continuous" I possibly could've been, though. Anyway, early in the game, there's not much else to go on. Inactives are either hiding, or they're not contributing. Doesn't matter which category they fall into, it makes sense to go after them either way.

EY's four posts is very curious, but he made his excuses before this game thread was even opened. I, for one, am willing to cut him some slack until this evening. He doesn't seem like the kinda guy who'll be quiet for long if he doesn't have to be. If he is, I'm sure the questioning will begin. I doubt there's a single townie here who doesn't suspect him.

I actually lol'd at this. Yes I clearly do remember this skit. The other option is finding a mistress but then you risk losing everything you have. The only thing that sucks about working here are all the hot designer girls. Seems like most artsy, into fashion girls are usually attractive.

So true. This isn't Western Europe. In places like Spain, Italy, and France, we all would have mistresses and be happy and our wives wouldn't say anything. I read an article about it in Paris (from the mistress' point of view). Married men go to bars, cafes, etc. and they make sure they have their wedding rings on. The first thing they do when they started talking to a woman who seems interested is showing her the wedding ring. In essence, "the man is telling the woman, no matter what we're doing I'm going back to my wife."

Here in the States, masturbation is the faithful husband's best friend. I sometimes avoid going out with my friends because I'm like, "what's the point?" I go to a bar with the homies, hang out, befriend some chick, and then go home to jack off. It's cheaper just to stay home.

I've rerolled 1 or 2 times only in my history as mod, I think the second game I modded looked real lopsided so I hit the random button 1 more time and went with that one..

THis last game I did the manual shifts I explained and was happy with everything. It depends on the set up, since i had 3 man mafia teams facing off against each other and a 12 man town, I had to make sure I didn't gimp the mafia team at all, by say, making doggin watcher instead of godfather, he'd have been dead day 2 and mafia team 1 would've lost their power role.

So true. This isn't Western Europe. In places like Spain, Italy, and France, we all would have mistresses and be happy and our wives wouldn't say anything. I read an article about it in Paris (from the mistress' point of view). Married men go to bars, cafes, etc. and they make sure they have their wedding rings on. The first thing they do when they started talking to a woman who seems interested is showing her the wedding ring. In essence, "the man is telling the woman, no matter what we're doing I'm going back to my wife."

Here in the States, masturbation is the faithful husband's best friend. I sometimes avoid going out with my friends because I'm like, "what's the point?" I go to a bar with the homies, hang out, befriend some chick, and then go home to jack off. It's cheaper just to stay home.

GODDAMN THIS PURITAN CULTURE!

For me the worst thing ever is the fact I'm in the best shape of my life. I've lost about 35 pounds, have put on a ton of mass and I'm noticing girls notice. Thankfully I still find my lady attractive, but my penis always wonders otherwise. Beating down the dragon is the only way to stay sane.

GODDAMN THIS PURITAN CULTURE!

For me the worst thing ever is the fact I'm in the best shape of my life. I've lost about 35 pounds, have put on a ton of mass and I'm noticing girls notice. Thankfully I still find my lady attractive, but my penis always wonders otherwise. Beating down the dragon is the only way to stay sane.

I bet Tom Brady would break one off in ya.

Going after inactives seems to be a common strategy in these games. Like you, this is only my second time around, so I don't know how "continuous" I possibly could've been, though. Anyway, early in the game, there's not much else to go on. Inactives are either hiding, or they're not contributing. Doesn't matter which category they fall into, it makes sense to go after them either way.

If this is really your motive, then I have less of a problem with it. My impression was that you were looking at frequency of posts as an indicator of guilt/innocence.

And just saying, you posted these two counts the very first real day of play last game (the Monday when most people were able to start participating) ... and both lists together contained pretty much every townie and only one scum.

03-30-2009, 10:08 AM (Post #88)

Early inactives:

The Crusher 2

Bleedin' Green 2

JMJ 2

Jets Things 2

It's very early, but yeah....

(the post immediately afterwards added Dan X 1)

and

03-30-2009, 06:07 PM (Post #187)

Not the bottom of the post count...

Jets Things 6

AVM 6

WoodyPaige 5

Sharrow 5

The Crusher 5

Bleedin' Green 5

Dan X 4

If I had something to hide, I'd've kept my mouth shut from the start.

I do see the value of pressuring people who don't say much into contributing. But we do need to factor in length and content of posts, which I know is hard to do this early because most people are simply joking around. :P And there's something to drastic changes in posting habits, which will be good to keep an eye on in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing where we are tonight.

Dan X, you're claiming that inactivity alone is not suspect. I agree. That's how some people play. But putting pressure on inactives so they could become active and we can gain information is a sound strategy. Slats has brought you out.

What are your feeling about the other people in this game? What are your suspicions?

Archived