Jets are "Swagger-licious" under Rex Ryan ~ PFT.com

Funny! Just when you thought your team found some "swagger," some idiot calls it's "swagger-licious" which pretty much defeats whatever swagger may have been found. Swagger-licious? For real? LOL!!!

BTW - you may want to look up word "swagger" folks. ;)

Funny! Just when you thought your team found some "swagger," some idiot calls it's "swagger-licious" which pretty much defeats whatever swagger may have been found. Swagger-licious? For real? LOL!!!

no kidding I felt embarassed reading the titlie of the thread

Having Bart Scott on this team is going to be awesome. I love this guy, the attitude he brings to the defense. We are going out to physically hurt teams this season!

Mr. Boldin says you were doing just fine last year ;)

So, having "fun" translates to beating teams up. Hmmmm.....in that case, Herm Edwards is the toughest guy on the planet.

I think some people are taking this term "swaggerlicious" a little too seriously in its definition.

Personally, I'd rather my team have some swagger (have some confidence that you will win). If you look up the opposite of swagger in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of the 2008 NY Jets when they played Miami in the season finale. That team was as emotionally dead as I've ever seen a team be.

Mr. Boldin says you were doing just fine last year ;)

So, having "fun" translates to beating teams up. Hmmmm.....in that case, Herm Edwards is the toughest guy on the planet.

Oh stop your crying. Your team is the biggest bunch of cheap shot artists in the NFL. Pollard (cleanly) takes out your QB and all of a sudden it's not ok anymore to beat up on teams? Get off the soapbox, you don't have that luxury rooting for the patsies.

I think some people are taking this term "swaggerlicious" a little too seriously in its definition.

Personally, I'd rather my team have some swagger (have some confidence that you will win). If you look up the opposite of swagger in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of the 2008 NY Jets when they played Miami in the season finale. That team was as emotionally dead as I've ever seen a team be.

I'm with you. These are a bunch of kids having a good time in camp, who the hell cares. So long as they do what they say, I have no issue with this. Jets need swagger, heart, guts, pride, whatever...they sure showed nothing in that department on several occasions last year when they laid down against lesser opponents. Hey guys new sherrif in town, no more going through the motions on gameday and collecting a check.

What's wrong with the definition of swagger?? It's just how one carries himself or the style that they exude; their walk, talk etc.

I see no difference in the word swagger-licious than calling a player a freak, beast, monster etc. Every generation has their own words, i just think you're a hater, because the Jets' defense is finally "swagger-licious" ;)

What's wrong with the definition of swagger?? It's just how one carries himself or the style that they exude; their walk, talk etc.

I see no difference in the word swagger-licious than calling a player a freak, beast, monster etc. Every generation has their own words, i just think you're a hater, because the Jets' defense is finally "swagger-licious" ;)

That's not the true definition of "swagger", although it's what most people think of when they hear it. Swagger means to be boastful, arrogant, etc.

That's not the true definition of "swagger", although it's what most people think of when they hear it. Swagger means to be boastful, arrogant, etc.

No they don't. Only Jets fans, as far as I can tell. Everyone pretty much knows what "swagger" is. At best it's confidence. At worst, it's arrogance. Either way - it's "earned." False swagger quickly turns into humility.

Hater. :biggrin:

No they don't. Only Jets fans, as far as I can tell. Everyone pretty much knows what "swagger" is. At best it's confidence. At worst, it's arrogance. Either way - it's "earned." False swagger quickly turns into humility.

LOL. You really have to get outside or something. Ask any teenager what "swagger" is and they'll tell you it's how they act, their behavior gives off a certain "swagger." Even your beloved teenage Pats fans would think that.

...or the "Shrek" bull**** from a few years. Are we TRYING to be a laughingstock?

How about Donnie Henderson's bull**** after his players were hitting Giants players in drills at the mini-camp. It was something along the lines of "That's what we do. We put our hats on people." :bag:

How about Donnie Henderson's bull**** after his players were hitting Giants players in drills at the mini-camp. It was something along the lines of "That's what we do. We put our hats on people." :bag:

I was there that day, as were several JN members. Oliver Celestine drilled Jeremy Shockey.

Since it was Shockey, I was OK with it.

LOL. You really have to get outside or something. Ask any teenager what "swagger" is and they'll tell you it's how they act, their behavior gives off a certain "swagger." Even your beloved teenage Pats fans would think that.

Further proof that kids suck these days.

And, I go outside a lot. There certainly aren't as many kids outside as one would think there should be. I'm pretty sure you're all indoors playing computer games with your pastey white little fingers. Bleh.

I will say though - it takes a lot of swagger to think you can redefine a word.

;)

And, I go outside a lot. There certainly aren't as many kids outside as one would think there should be. I'm pretty sure you're all indoors playing computer games with your pastey white little fingers. Bleh.

;)

You look down upon EVERYTHING, don't you?

;)

I love you.

You look down upon EVERYTHING, don't you?

Everything on Jetnation? Maybe ;)

So, let me get this straight. You can say that the definition of swagger has changed and that I need to get out more and mingle with the youth of this world - basically calling me a crusty old fool. I say that the youth of this world need to get away from their keyboards - basically calling you all geeks - yet somehow I am the only one being called out. Interesting. So much swagger going on here. It's frickin' Swagger-licious! Having fun and being c ocky. Let's make a new word! Fock!

Everything on Jetnation? Maybe ;)

So, let me get this straight. You can say that the definition of swagger has changed and that I need to get out more and mingle with the youth of this world - basically calling me a crusty old fool. I say that the youth of this world need to get away from their keyboards - basically calling you all geeks - yet somehow I am the only one being called out. Interesting. So much swagger going on here. It's frickin' Swagger-licious! Having fun and being ****y. Let's make a new word! Fock!

Look. We're willing to look past your poor attitude if you were to post a photo of your breasts.

Thanks,

Management.

Archived