Brady Quinn: MERGED

lancemehl

THIS POST IS IN REGARDS TO THE BROWNS TRADE RUMORS,ASSUMING THEY ARE TRUE:

I'm asking you,please, as a favor from one Jet fan who got screwed being born in 73(no Namath, no nothing)

I know you guys don't have the highest regard for my opinions, and feel I'm a fool.

But, please, as a favor, treat me like the NFL kindergartner you feel i am and PLEASE save my bleeding heart and explain to this moron why we would give up our first and whatever else for a guy from QB bustland,ND(besides Joe) with these career numbers:

att:89 comp:45 50.6% 518yds 2TDs 2INTs 66.6QB rating, who was backing up

a guy with the exact same numbers(from Mangina,no less) but not do the same for AnQuan Boldin?

Here are my questions(please be sincere, I have heard most "experts" agree with me, but nobody knows Jet football like the JetNation), please try to tone down the insults, unless they are attached to a compelling argument to keep me from flipping my lid (And you know how I get when I don't take my Meds!)I mean the "open mic night" insults just to get a laugh,I.J.

OK QUESTIONS, Honestly:

1.(two part ?) Brady has shown that he sucks. His #'s are horrible. If he was any good why was he a backup to a scrub?and Why don't the Browns want him? This is the weakest QB draft I've seen in years and the Browns want Anderson and Quinn gone.

2. Would You really rather have Brady Quinn over EITHER Boldin or Edwards?(But mostly Boldin)

3. Do Ratliff and Clemens succk that bad,obviously,YES,right?

4. WHO would this great QB be throwing to and would he be the starter right away,no competition?

5.FINALLY, because, no matter what, I DO respect your football knowledge.

a.What do we do after this? Quinn to Cotchery and Keller , 8 in the hole, TJ crying,Leon Crying.

Go Jets!

I'm asking you,please, as a favor from one Jet fan who got screwed being born in 73(no Namath, no nothing)

I know you guys don't have the highest regard for my opinions, and feel I'm a fool.

But, please, as a favor, treat me like the NFL kindergartner you feel i am and PLEASE save my bleeding heart and explain to this moron why we would give up our first and whatever else for a guy from QB bustland,ND(besides Joe) with these career numbers:

a guy with the exact same numbers(from Mangina,no less) but not do the same for AnQuan Boldin?

Here are my questions(please be sincere, I have heard most "experts" agree with me, but nobody knows Jet football like the JetNation), please try to tone down the insults, unless they are attached to a compelling argument to keep me from flipping my lid (And you know how I get when I don't take my Meds!)I mean the "open mic night" insults just to get a laugh,I.J.

OK QUESTIONS, Honestly:

1.(two part ?) Brady has shown that he sucks. His #'s are horrible. If he was any good why was he a backup to a scrub?and Why don't the Browns want him? This is the weakest QB draft I've seen in years and the Browns want Anderson and Quinn gone.

2. Would You really rather have Brady Quinn over EITHER Boldin or Edwards?(But mostly Boldin)

4. WHO would this great QB be throwing to and would he be the starter right away,no competition?

a.What do we do after this? Quinn to Cotchery and Keller , 8 in the hole, TJ crying,Leon Crying.

Go Jets!

1. Quinn has not gotten any real opportunity to play in Cleveland. He was a rookie in '07 and the day he was drafted the Browns committed to not playing him at all that year and letting him learn. Last year, they had a HC who was coaching for his job who spent 12 weeks waiting for his QB who had a monster year in '07 to get out of a funk. Quinn's lack of playing time in Cleveland has absolutely no reflection on his ability as a player and to suggest it does shows a complete lack of understanding of his situation and general football knoweldge as well.

2. You can get Quinn for a 2nd or 3rd, especially if the Browns wait until after they draft Sanchez to trade him.

3. That means the Jets can stand pat at 17 and draft Percy Harvin or Darrius Heyward-Bey or use the #17 pick to trade for Boldin or Braylon Edwards.

4. Never forget that Brett Favre was traded by Jerry Glanville because Glanville thought he partied too hard and was too stupid to play QB in the NFL. Sometimes, and fairly often in the NFL, one team's trash is another team's treasure.

Getting Quinn makes perfect sense if you're the Jets and you don't think Clemens or Ratliff are going to amount to anything. He can be had for relatively cheap, his contract's not a back breaker and has three years left on it and he brings excitement with him.

The only people I've come across who really and truly believe Quinn isn't going to be any good are blind Notre Dame haters who think Joe Montana sucked.

OK QUESTIONS, Honestly:

Go Jets!

First, it is just a rumor. There could be absolutely nothing but sheer speculation or as little as the jets just inquiring. There is nothing wrong with them doing due diligence.

Second, Klecko makes good points about Quinn. I would hardly write him off as a bust yet.

Third, you and I land some others like Ratliff, a bunch of others like Clemens, but with all due respect to the collective intelligence on this board, I am comfortable with Mr. T, Ryan and his staff making the final decisions. If they are not sold on Clemens/Ratliff and see something in Quinn, that is fine with me.

Go Jets!

You read my mind.

1. Quinn has not gotten any real opportunity to play in Cleveland. He was a rookie in '07 and the day he was drafted the Browns committed to not playing him at all that year and letting him learn. Last year, they had a HC who was coaching for his job who spent 12 weeks waiting for his QB who had a monster year in '07 to get out of a funk. Quinn's lack of playing time in Cleveland has absolutely no reflection on his ability as a player and to suggest it does shows a complete lack of understanding of his situation and general football knoweldge as well.

2. You can get Quinn for a 2nd or 3rd, especially if the Browns wait until after they draft Sanchez to trade him.

3. That means the Jets can stand pat at 17 and draft Percy Harvin or Darrius Heyward-Bey or use the #17 pick to trade for Boldin or Braylon Edwards.

4. Never forget that Brett Favre was traded by Jerry Glanville because Glanville thought he partied too hard and was too stupid to play QB in the NFL. Sometimes, and fairly often in the NFL, one team's trash is another team's treasure.

Getting Quinn makes perfect sense if you're the Jets and you don't think Clemens or Ratliff are going to amount to anything. He can be had for relatively cheap, his contract's not a back breaker and has three years left on it and he brings excitement with him.

The only people I've come across who really and truly believe Quinn isn't going to be any good are blind Notre Dame haters who think Joe Montana sucked.

First off, Klecko(and 73 was a bad mutha fucher BTW), but, as one of my biggest detractors, thank you for post, exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it , it helped but not much:

1. "Quinn's lack of playing time in Cleveland has absolutely no reflection on his ability as a player and to suggest it does shows a complete lack of understanding of his situation and general football knoweldge as well."

Alittle jab. lol, but I'm talking about his #'s when he did play, forget his lack of playing time. I understand that DA showed flashes, but look at Quinn's #'s!

2. Quinn for a 6th, no more.

3. If they pull off Quinn and Boldin, I will feel 50,000x better

"The only people I've come across who really and truly believe Quinn isn't going to be any good are blind Notre Dame haters who think Joe Montana sucked."

I just heard Brandon Tyrny from 1050 say he's horrible, that's just the last guy i heard about an hour ago, with those numbers,who can say otherwise.

ALTHOUGH, Klecko, I have heard he has a good arm and can "make all the throws", so i'll repeat if we swing him and Boldin,I won't be hospitalized.

But what does that say about Clemens,Clemens fans? and what does that say about Ratliff,Ratliff guys?(myself incl.)

I've never heard anyone say Joe Montana sucked in my whole life.

good post.

First off, Klecko(and 73 was a bad mutha fucher BTW), but, as one of my biggest detractors, thank you for post, exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it , it helped but not much:

1. "Quinn's lack of playing time in Cleveland has absolutely no reflection on his ability as a player and to suggest it does shows a complete lack of understanding of his situation and general football knoweldge as well."

Alittle jab. lol, but I'm talking about his #'s when he did play, forget his lack of playing time. I understand that DA showed flashes, but look at Quinn's #'s!

Anderson didn't just show flashes, he was a ProBowler in '07, that pretty much guaranteed him the starting job to start '07. The kid played 2 and half games before getting hurt. Sorry, but if 8 starts ain't enough to judge Clemens, 2-1/2 ain't enough for Quinn.

2. Quinn for a 6th, no more.

That would be the steal of the century if we could pull it off.

3. If they pull off Quinn and Boldin, I will feel 50,000x better

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

"The only people I've come across who really and truly believe Quinn isn't going to be any good are blind Notre Dame haters who think Joe Montana sucked."

I just heard Brandon Tyrny from 1050 say he's horrible, that's just the last guy i heard about an hour ago, with those numbers,who can say otherwise.

ALTHOUGH, Klecko, I have heard he has a good arm and can "make all the throws", so i'll repeat if we swing him and Boldin,I won't be hospitalized.

But what does that say about Clemens,Clemens fans? and what does that say about Ratliff,Ratliff guys?(myself incl.)

I've never heard anyone say Joe Montana sucked in my whole life.

good post.

Rule #1, take everything said on sports radio with an enormous grain of salt.

Most of what these clowns say is purely for shock value. If they get something right, its because they got lucky and they never shut up about it. However, do you ever hear them admit to the 99 percent of their predictions that were wrong?

I don't know who Brandon Tyrny is but considering what he does for a living I can guarantee he's a know-nothing prick.

Your posts hurt.

and I can always count on a reply loaded with football knowledge. Actually have you EVER done anything but try to make your friends laugh? and does it ever work. My name is written under the thread so you can skip it, or do you take an aspirin first?

It's a shame, didn't we agree on pennington a while back.Too bad you don't have the ba!!z to say what you feel. Tell me WHY my post hurt.

Look at Klecko, he DESPISES my posts and yet he gave an excellent answer to every question.

You, nothing. ever.

Here we were at each others throats and the organization thinks Clemens and Ratliff suck Horse nuts!!! LOL

So much so that they would rather have Brady Quinn throwing to Stuckey and Cotchery than KC or Rat throwing to Cotchery and Boldin. WOW!!!!

They must REALLY,REALLY Blow.

and we were flying our flags!!!! LOL

Here we were at each others throats and the organization thinks Clemens and Ratliff suck Horse nuts!!! LOL

So much so that they would rather have Brady Quinn throwing to Stuckey and Cotchery than KC or Rat throwing to Cotchery and Boldin. WOW!!!!

Wait how do we know this? Nothing happened with Quinn yet did it?

LM, you are a sweetheart, but why do you always jump to conclusions based upon media and fan rumors? ;)

and I can always count on a reply loaded with football knowledge. Actually have you EVER done anything but try to make your friends laugh? and does it ever work. My name is written under the thread so you can skip it, or do you take an aspirin first?

It's a shame, didn't we agree on pennington a while back.Too bad you don't have the ba!!z to say what you feel. Tell me WHY my post hurt.

Look at Klecko, he DESPISES my posts and yet he gave an excellent answer to every question.

You, nothing. ever.

Yes, this is true. Reading lancemehl's posts makes my brain hurty.

OK QUESTIONS, Honestly:

He could become a franchise QB. Book isn't closed on him.

I would rather have Boldin or Edwards than Quinn.

They are still unknowns IMO. Ratliff certainly is unknown. Clemens played half a season. In that season with that oline Thomas Jones had all of 2 touchdowns then we said TJ sucked. Then the next season with a rebuilt Oline Jones set the Jets record. Whose to say, theoretically, that Clemens can't do likewise?

He prob. would be the starter right away. He would be throwing to Cotch & his band of nobodies.

Brady Quinn would be a great addition and at least give us a glimmer of hope at the QB position. I would feel more comfortable going into the season with him as the Jets QB.

And this is based on???????? He has less game experience than Clemens -numbers which aren't any better, with a better line, better receivers and this is the great hope????

And this is based on???????? He has less game experience than Clemens -numbers which aren't any better, with a better line, better receivers and this is the great hope????

Quinn is 5X the player than Clemens is.. Of course, 5 * 0.000000001 isn't a whole lot.

Everytime you turn around there is another thread about a QB that the jets are interested in, or rumors that the jets are making plans to trade up to get sanchez. My feeling is that it's all a smoke screen and we aren't even interested in adding another QB. I think we go RB in round 1 and then WR in round 2. Or vise versa.

Everytime you turn around there is another thread about a QB that the jets are interested in, or rumors that the jets are making plans to trade up to get sanchez. My feeling is that it's all a smoke screen and we aren't even interested in adding another QB. I think we go RB in round 1 and then WR in round 2. Or vise versa.

IMO it WILL be vice versa with the Jets dropping down a few spots to take a WR.

Archived