King at it again...

ToonTime

Not that im a big fan of our owner, but this is ridiculous. Peter King str8 up called him dumb. With all of his money, don't you wish Woody would just end him right here right now..

Quote of the Week I

"When we were looking at taking Mark, I studied all the great generals to see what those men were like early in their careers, see how they reacted. It's all about how they reacted in battle, what happened when the action was really live. You see that in Mark, his calm.''

-- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson on rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez, who agreed to a five-year, $50-million contract with the team on Wednesday.

I realize you get excited about your players, particularly about the man you believe is the next long-term quarterback in franchise history, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard an owner say. I can name 300 quarterbacks lauded as great leaders with terrific field presence who have come out of college football in the 25 years I've covered the NFL.

In fact, if a quarterback WASN'T a strong leader with a good presence about him, he shouldn't have been picked high in the first round. If indeed Johnson "studied all the great generals,'' and looked for traits of Sanchez in them, I hope he kept his thoughts to himself. The following quarterbacks in recent years have been well-respected by teammates, calm when the action began and renowned as terrific leaders:

1. Charlie Batch

2. Patrick Ramsey

3. Tim Rattay

4. A.J. Feeley

5. Andrew Walter

I remember being in Washington the day Heath Shuler was drafted in 1994, and Norv Turner raving about his leadership. In fact, Shuler was a terrific presence, well-liked by his mates, and couldn't play a lick. But he went on to win a Congressional seat in North Carolina. I'm sure he'd have fit in superbly in military command.

One man's opinion: You don't help your rookie quarterback in the largest biggest city in the U.S. by building him up as some combo platter of Ulysses S. Grant, Joe Namath and Jonas Salk. The expectations being set up for him are almost Brady-like. I really like Sanchez a lot, and I think he has a good chance to be a very good NFL player. But the first time he throws five straight incompletions, the fans are going to look at him and say, "This is the bum we're paying $10-million a year?''

He's right, though.....

King is right........

Yeah, he's right...

...assuming that the Jets paid absolutely no attention to if in fact Sanchez can play which is just crazy to assume they didnt.

And remember this is coming from Woody, who is not a Football guy. I am sure his scouts said, "yeah, he can play, plus he has general like leadership skills". And though Woody had some say in this decision, I am sure it was very minimal.

I was not very high on Sanchez, in fact I really didnt want him, but you have to like everything you have heard about and seen from him thus far. He is taking his role very serious and has been acting like a leader from day 1.

"When we were looking at taking Mark, I studied all the great generals to see what those men were like early in their careers, see how they reacted. It's all about how they reacted in battle, what happened when the action was really live. You see that in Mark, his calm.''

-- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson on rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez, who agreed to a five-year, $50-million contract with the team on Wednesday

Why is the team owner so involved in the scouting process. Doesn't he have a scouting staff and a GM?

Owners should write checks and stay in the background, not meddling with the drafting process.

It's a dumb thing to say, but Woody's the owner, not the GM. The only things he knows about football are platitudes like this one.

If this is one of the dumbest thing King's ever heard an owner say, he hasn't been around many owners.

It that dumber than when Leon Hess said he wanted to win right now, and that's why he hired Kotite?

Why is the team owner so involved in the scouting process. Doesn't he have a scouting staff and a GM?

Owners should write checks and stay in the background, not meddling with the drafting process.

Funny I see bob Kraft in the draft room. I saw him giving feedback on players.

If i can find the video on Boston.com I'll link it

Funny I see bob Kraft in the draft room. I saw him giving feedback on players.

If i can find the video on Boston.com I'll link it

In the videos I have seen he was observing with BB making the decisions.

But, I am curious why this would be relevent in your arguement with a Dolphins fan, have a link to one with the Dolphin's owner?

Ever see Jerry Jones on draft day ?

Archived