JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

Arsis just referred to himself in the third person - something supervillians do with great frequency:

unvote

Vote: Arsis

Going with the broken clock theory, I'm going to vote: Arsis.

He hasn't referred to himself in the first person yet in this thread. I'm starting to wonder if something's up, too.

This is really the type of thing to sit on and see what happens if he thinks nobody notices..

He's already stated it's not a requirement, but he's continueing to do it, which is interesting. I don't know how much it says about alignment though yuo would think it's more of a bad guy type thing but at the same time, would jvor gimp a scum player with something so obvious?

I'm actually more suspicous of you two at the moment for seizing the opportunity..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really the type of thing to sit on and see what happens if he thinks nobody notices..

He's already stated it's not a requirement, but he's continueing to do it, which is interesting. I don't know how much it says about alignment though yuo would think it's more of a bad guy type thing but at the same time, would jvor gimp a scum player with something so obvious?

I'm actually more suspicous of you two at the moment for seizing the opportunity..

Haha! Yeah, me and Kleck are in cahoots. Almost gotcha there, Chan.

The denial you refer to is what bothers me. If you have a posting restriction and your town, you admit to it and move on. If part of your requirement is that you can't admit to having it, you still have to avoid denying it. 'Cause if he can't post in the first person, we're into "lynch all liars" territory here.

Arsis doesn't typically refer to himself in the 3rd person... another clue?

Arsis, can you say I?

Clever use of the word "I."

Smart man.

My guess is he has a post restriction he was told he can't reveal, or worse, must deny (I know I gave people those in my game - joe cabot, for example, was required to deny being lance mehl or having any post restriction at all).

If he can admit it, it makes no sense for a villain to lie about that (because admitting a post restriction doesn't hurt).

Then again, he could just be a complete newb with no idea what he's doing :)

My guess is he has a post restriction he was told he can't reveal, or worse, must deny (I know I gave people those in my game - joe cabot, for example, was required to deny being lance mehl or having any post restriction at all).

If he can admit it, it makes no sense for a villain to lie about that (because admitting a post restriction doesn't hurt).

That is true. Also need to take into account who we are talking about here. That Arsis guy is a real ass clown who would do something like that just to **** with people. He would enjoy messing with people's heads than he would winning. Like Kleck said, Arsis is a real poopyhead.

Doesn't seem like him to do that, imo. I'm guessing it is a restriction. JiF might have one too based on that strange meatball story.

I can't think of any heroes that talk in the 3rd person though. Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, Venom maybe. I agree with CTM though. I don't think we should do anything about it yet.

That is true. Also need to take into account who we are talking about here. That Arsis guy is a real ass clown who would do something like that just to **** with people. He would enjoy messing with people's heads than he would winning. Like Kleck said, Arsis is a real poopyhead.

Holy **** that prick Arsis did it again.

Doesn't seem like him to do that, imo. I'm guessing it is a restriction. JiF might have one too based on that strange meatball story.

I can't think of any heroes that talk in the 3rd person though. Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, Venom maybe. I agree with CTM though. I don't think we should do anything about it yet.

Apocalypse is a disappointment. He was badass in AOA and then because a joke getting smacked around by cable.

I recognize that. That's the only reason I spelled out the problem I had with his denial. Otherwise I would've let it fester a little more.

I have a feeling Klecko and Arsis are up to something but Arsis seems to be drawing attention to himself. At this point I suggest not voting for Arsis until you have a good Idea as to why hes acting this way.

Klecko seems to be pushing towards a vote for Arsis and with Arsis' actions I think Klecko is the safe vote.

Chan you make mention of the Villians possibly having a traitor among them if I read you right ?

I have a feeling Klecko and Arsis are up to something but Arsis seems to be drawing attention to himself. At this point I suggest not voting for Arsis until you have a good Idea as to why hes acting this way.

Klecko seems to be pushing towards a vote for Arsis and with Arsis' actions I think Klecko is the safe vote.

Chan you make mention of the Villians possibly having a traitor among them if I read you right ?

Wow, that was a leap.

If anyone is pushing towards a vote for someone it's you pushing to take me out.

You probably want me around. It's better to get rid of an experienced player first and you never know, my actions may save you one day. Then again, they may not...

Wow, that was a leap.

If anyone is pushing towards a vote for someone it's you pushing to take me out.

You probably want me around. It's better to get rid of an experienced player first and you never know, my actions may save you one day. Then again, they may not...

Madness - Why the Flip Flop in Bold Kelcko ?

Klecko you ask us to vote for Arsis due to the way he refers to himself, its obvious to me hes either telling us hes a Hero or trying to direct attention to his actions for a lynch.

Then after you vote for him you come up with some hairbrained scheme that Villians speak in third person when you should also know that Heros speak that way sometimes as well. I dont think Arsis looks scummy at all.

I dunno. I read the "appear" statement and searched on the comic book title JVOR posted in his first post. Literally the first paragraph under the plot section describes a schism between the villians. Maybe it's just my coloring it, cause I've been a traitor 2x in about 12 mafia games on JI/JN. But it did make me think something is up there. I think it'd be prudent not to give to much trust to someone who happens to lead the lynch on scum..

AS for klecko, it appears to me he was looking to reduce the pressure on himself by jumpign on Arsis.. I can't decide if this is a desperate scum move, or just a blockheaded move on his part to make sure he survives the day...

Madness - Why the Flip Flop in Bold Kelcko ?

Klecko you ask us to vote for Arsis due to the way he refers to himself, its obvious to me hes either telling us hes a Hero or trying to direct attention to his actions for a lynch.

Then after you vote for him you come up with some hairbrained scheme that Villians speak in third person when you should also know that Heros speak that way sometimes as well. I dont think Arsis looks scummy at all.

Go back and read my interaction with Arsis. We both stated we were joking with each other.

I am not "pushing" for Arsis to be voted out. Slats is making more of a case of it than I am.

It's the first day of the game. Nobody knows anything yet. Why are you always so paranoid?

Arsis can't not post in the first person because of a restriction. Arsis was just having a bit of fun with it because it is his first game and he wanted to have a bit of fun with it.

That's all I'm looking for.

Innocents should never lie in this game. It leads to getting that innocent player lynched. Leave the lying for the scum.

That said, unvote.

I dunno. I read the "appear" statement and searched on the comic book title JVOR posted in his first post. Literally the first paragraph under the plot section describes a schism between the villians. Maybe it's just my coloring it, cause I've been a traitor 2x in about 12 mafia games on JI/JN. But it did make me think something is up there. I think it'd be prudent not to give to much trust to someone who happens to lead the lynch on scum..

AS for klecko, it appears to me he was looking to reduce the pressure on himself by jumpign on Arsis.. I can't decide if this is a desperate scum move, or just a blockheaded move on his part to make sure he survives the day...

Actually, I was just jumping on Arsis to have some fun, something that is probably impossible with you in the game.

unvote

While my gut tells me that there should be 2 villian teams in this game (with the unusually high number of 20 players, the quality of players involved, and JVoR's imagination), but the introduction is pretty clear that there is a 1 villian team of 5. So it's likelier than not this is vanilla, with some minor twists perhaps.

Regardless, while it's fun to target Klecko to see his reactions I'll stay away from that trend. I'll keep on looking for anything that's intriguing.

But for the time being I'll be out of town Saturday & Sunday, so I'll likely post again late Sunday.

Go back and read my interaction with Arsis. We both stated we were joking with each other.

I am not "pushing" for Arsis to be voted out. Slats is making more of a case of it than I am.

It's the first day of the game. Nobody knows anything yet. Why are you always so paranoid?

Actully Klecko Im never paranoid.

Im fine with the rest of your explanation. Now Im concerned as to why you made this quote below. You dodged the most important part, my question as to why you made the quote below.

"you never know, my actions may save you one day. Then again, they may not... "

Im fine with the rest of your explanation. Now Im concerned as to why you made this quote below. You dodged the most important part, my question as to why you made the quote below.

Read every post in the thread and figure it out.

Are you gay? Maybe he is thinking about trying to cure your man-love by showing up at your door naked someday.

Are you gay? Maybe he is thinking about trying to cure your man-love by showing up at your door naked someday.

Im not interested in what he did to cure you. Not sure how man love is cured by some naked rib eating freak showing up at your door but maybe some day when your more comfortable with your situation you can explain it to all of us :box:

Im not interested in what he did to cure you. Not sure how man love is cured by some naked rib eating freak showing up at your door but maybe some day when your more comfortable with your situation you can explain it to all of us :box:

I believe it has something to do with shocking your system.

Good god you guys move fast, I haven't checked this forum since... oh, yesterday and I already have 9 pages to read.

I'm going to vote: Doggincause I don't like how aggressively he went after Klecko from the getgo.

You mean like this?

dancingboy7lr.gif

Good god you guys move fast, I haven't checked this forum since... oh, yesterday and I already have 9 pages to read.

I'm going to vote: Doggin cause I don't like how aggressively he went after Klecko from the getgo.

Arsis says change your post per page view to 40 and it will be only 5 pages.

Vote: EY

image_2_quailman.jpg

Making fun of Quailman??? Who are you really? Dr Klotzenstein? Rulemeister? or are you the sinister Wacky Weather Man?

Seriously, whats your problem with inhabitants of the planet Bob who hang out with Quaildog and the Silver Skeeter?

Yeah thats right, I'm a comic book nerd who thoroughly enjoyed watching Doug as a kid. Big whoop wanna fight about it?

Archived