If the Dolphins make a deal for Marshall how would you feel?

AFJF

If the Dolphins made a trade for Marshall which somehow involved us losing Cotchery I think I'd honestly be more impressed than upset. Otherwise you have a bit of a premise problem.

You really think Cotchery is a number 1?

You really think Cotchery is a number 1?

The quarterback adjustment from Jay Jesus Cutler****er to you-know-who is literally negative infinity and Marshall isn't even good to begin with. I'm honestly not even sure he's better than Ted Ginn.

The quarterback adjustment from Jay Jesus Cutler****er to you-know-who is literally negative infinity and Marshall isn't even good to begin with. I'm honestly not even sure he's better than Ted Ginn.

I don't quite get all the hysteria about a guy who averaged 12.2 YPC and 6 TDS with a strong armed QB throwing to him. Yeah, he caught a lot of passes on a pass happy team. But throw in the attitude and what they are going to want for him...

pass

In all the years of posting on Jets boards, I dont think I have ever seen a hatred for a player the way you hate Marshall.

Regarding the premise of the thread, it wouldnt bother me because I would just hope that Marshall would be a douche there too and we have Revis to begin with.

Penny cant do what Jay Cutler can.

I get it. The point of this thread is to draw a comparison of feelings if Marshall went to another team in the division. Henne has plenty of arm to make Marshall an absolute beast down in Miami.

I would be pissed if evey team in the division had an elite #1 WR... top-5 even.... and we had Cotchery who's a pretty good WR2.

Owens and Evans = two legitimate threats

Moss and Whoever = two legitimate threats

Marshall and Ginn Jr. = two legitimate threats

Cotchery and Whoever = a pretty good WR2

marshall would be almost useless to pennington.....he just doesn't have the arm to take advantage of him. for instance watch how good of a season hester has with cutler there instead of orton...and orton has a much better arm than noodle

This is not true at all . Marshall was numbe 2 in the NFL last year in first down receptions. Most of the balls he caught were quick slants designed for him to break tackles. he is a posession type reciever in the same mold as Keyshawn used to be and that plays right into Penningtons hands in a ball control offense. It will also help him alot in the red zone when defenses tighten up to have a guy 6-5 to throw too.

I want this kid here for our ball control offense not Penny and the Dolphins

Okay, I looked it up, they have Galloway and Greg Lewis... and actually have Welker listed as their #2. I stand corrected, but my point is the same. Moss and Welker, or Moss and Galloway, or Moss and Greg Lewis

All create two legitimate threats. Moss is that good.

Okay, I looked it up, they have Galloway and Greg Lewis... and actually have Welker listed as their #2. I stand corrected, but my point is the same. Moss and Welker, or Moss and Galloway, or Moss and Greg Lewis

All create two legitimate threats. Moss is that good.

You don't know your biggest rival's number two receiver?

It's a silly hypothetical exercise any way you slice it.

That is true. However, all posts and threads on message boards can be deconstructed in a similar manner. It's not like we are a bunch of influential men discussing climate change or geopolitics.

I get it. The point of this thread is to draw a comparison of feelings if Marshall went to another team in the division. Henne has plenty of arm to make Marshall an absolute beast down in Miami.

I would be pissed if evey team in the division had an elite #1 WR... top-5 even.... and we had Cotchery who's a pretty good WR2.

Owens and Evans = two legitimate threats

Moss and Whoever = two legitimate threats

Marshall and Ginn Jr. = two legitimate threats

Cotchery and Whoever = a pretty good WR2

Too bad Henne's not accurate enough to play catch.

Henne's college completion % was roughly the same as Matt Ryan. Not to mention he only threw 12 passes last year and completed 7 of them... not much of a sample size to make that claim.

So because his college completion percentage was roughly the same as matt ryan's he is going to be as good as him in the NFL! Gotcha , Good point there.

So because his college completion percentage was roughly the same as matt ryan's he is going to be as good as him in the NFL! Gotcha , Good point there.

Sigh. No. You're putting words in my mouth. I mentioned the completion % in regards to the poster knocking his accuracy. Also, we haven't seen enough of Henne to know exactly how good he'll be.

Henne's college completion % was roughly the same as Matt Ryan. Not to mention he only threw 12 passes last year and completed 7 of them... not much of a sample size to make that claim.

<3 statistics.

I don't even have to look it up to know it was on the 'slightly lower' side of 'roughly the same'.

Archived