Beast

Sperm Edwards

What really gets lost on plays like that is just how smart you have to be to utilize that type of power. Chris Meyers isn't a bad player by any means and Jenkins did a pretty awesome job of forcing him to adjust and plant all of his weight on his heal before going for the swipe. Great play, Jenkins is just awesome to watch when he's at his best. He's as competent as any 3-4 NT ever when he's on fresh legs, really.

Haynsworth is the best 43 DT, Jenkins the best 34 NT.

I don't know. I think the 4-3 would only make Jenkins more deadly. You see what happens when blitzing stops the OL from tripling up on him. Not a knock on Haynesworth at all - the guy is friggin' awesome. But Jenkins (when healthy and under 400 lbs) was as dominant as Haynesworth in the 4-3. The 4-3 made him a 3-time pro bowler and 2-time 1st team all pro in 5 seasons.

Ultimately, I think some guys are at a certain level and it's semantics who you think is better. Like the silly Revis vs. Nnamdi arguments. As though it matters which ultra-stud you've got. Both are lockdown corners in a game that doesn't let you touch the WR's. Same thing with these two.

So if Haynesworth is the best 4-3 DT, it's only because Jenkins is in a 3-4. The types of 3-4 NT's that wouldn't translate as well are the ones who are tough to contain 1-on-1 but couldn't run anyone down (Wilfat, Jamal Williams, Ted Washington back in the day). Jenkins isn't like that. He actually penetrates if that's his job on the play.

I wouldn't mind having either one on a 4-3 defense.

LOL this is too damn funny. Made an entry on my facebook "Kris Jenkins doesn't throw a football for a living, he throws human beings"

As good as this is, I think there was one play that was even better. there was one down where he literally chucked the center AT the left guard and tackled a running back in the backfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived