Vernon Gholston: MERGED

Barton

For what it's worth, he was one of two players hanging out with fans before the game, talking to everyone and signing stuff for whoever was asking. He seemed pretty humbled when a bunch of guys congratulated him on last week's game and that they were pulling for him. Nice kid, you'd think a guy who's supposed to be the worst human ever to walk the planet would be kind of a dick.

lol, I meant to say block the blockers, glad you understood what I meant :bag:

maybe we should look into playing him at TE

I know exactly the play your refering too. The Saints Ran Thomas off Left Tackle and VG was blitzing off RT He beat the RT (who had no real reason to sustain a block) and was standing in space, all he had to do was persue the paly from behind and he ran directly back at the RT and engaged him. I was trying to figure out WTF he was doing he actully slid about 5 feet back to the RT rather than try and chase down the runner from behind it was totally Bizaare of course I was screaming to get him the **** out of the game. He really did not see much action yesterday it seemed I have it tivoed though :character42:

I know exactly the play your refering too. The Saints Ran Thomas off Left Tackle and VG was blitzing off RT He beat the RT (who had no real reason to sustain a block) and was standing in space, all he had to do was persue the paly from behind and he ran directly back at the RT and engaged him. I was trying to figure out WTF he was doing he actully slid about 5 feet back to the RT rather than try and chase down the runner from behind it was totally Bizaare of course I was screaming to get him the **** out of the game. He really did not see much action yesterday it seemed I have it tivoed though :character42:

He saw a ton of action. Didn't do much. He has no instincts. We all know that.

He saw a ton of action. Didn't do much. He has no instincts. We all know that.

I must have missed him seemed like Murrell was on the field alot . Im not sure he got as much action as previous weeks. Either way thet one play just blew my mind I had no idea what in the hell he was doing.

He's either scared, or just doesn't have the desire to play football. Its that simple.

For what it's worth, he was one of two players hanging out with fans before the game, talking to everyone and signing stuff for whoever was asking. He seemed pretty humbled when a bunch of guys congratulated him on last week's game and that they were pulling for him. Nice kid, you'd think a guy who's supposed to be the worst human ever to walk the planet would be kind of a dick.

He might be the nicest person in the entire NFL. But being nice and being able to play linebacker are two different things. Ghandi was a nice person, but I doubt he could sack the QB.

Gholston needs to be cut. He had no significant impact through 4 games. Terrible.

Even the biggest Gholston hater on this site doesn't want to cut him now. He'd cost like $10M more against the cap. He's here for at least the next couple of years unless they want to eat the salary and there's an uncapped year. Hate him all you want, but he's not going anywhere.

When are we going to start holding Consuela to the lofty standard presently reserved for backup defensive ends? Seriously asking here.

Conseula is prettier..

in all honesty though, Sanchez has at least flashed the goods. Between the middle 2 quarters of houston, the third quarter against the Pats and the first quarter against TN, the guy's put up 4 very good quarters out of 16. While I don't go as far as other Gholston bashers, Gholston hasn't shown nearly as much in a year and a quarter..

Gholston hasn't shown nearly as much in a year and a quarter..

Our O-Line has not played well. Our Running backs have not played well (probably due to the O-Line) and our WR's are bottom 5 in the NFL . No this does not mean Cotch is a Bad receiver it means hes the only receiver we have. This offense has never ever played consistently well vs top defenses. The only game that comes to mind was last years beating of the Titans. Sanchez does not have a lot to work with and this team has neglected the WR postion for way too long now. By neglecting to get a WR in here this year we have succeeded in doing a disservice to our rookie QB. I saw this coming but in all reality, as for all of us, were at the mercy of Tanny our word or complaints mean nothing . I dont really give a damn that he tried, the great GM's make it happen and that is that. Add all this up with Shott's play calling and you have a very inconsistent offense. It would be nice once in a while to see Shott call a sweep or a toss to try and get our running backs to the outside with our guards and center pulling rather than constantly running the god damn ball up the freakin middle vs stout run defenses.

This team will continue to win and then get thumped in the playoffs because we do not scare top defenses in the least bit. This is a very different scenario than Mr Gholston Currently faces by a long shot.

CTM Gholston has shown NOTHING in a year and a quarter thought I would just fix that little comment.

Archived