The Difference between a Yankee and a Red Sox

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is that Varitek sucks and Posada only half sucks and it 20x better than the guy who will be playing. Varitek sounds like a politician and Posada sounds like a player and a competitor who is upset that he is not playing for a very stupid reason.

The difference is that Varitek sucks and Posada only half sucks and it 20x better than the guy who will be playing. Varitek sounds like a politician and Posada sounds like a player and a competitor who is upset that he is not playing for a very stupid reason.

Posada sounds selfish and Varitek sounds like the captain he is.

A better player than his back-up wanting to be on the field is selfish? That is manure and you know it.

I have no problem with him wanting to play, but if the manager thinks it's best for the team then he shouldn't be second guessing his manager in the open public court like that.

I have no problem with him wanting to play, but if the manager thinks it's best for the team then he shouldn't be second guessing his manager in the open public court like that.

95% of the times I would agree with you. I genuinely would. In this case, even you have to admit that Posada has every right to be upset He is a competitor and wants another ing. Molina dos not give you the best chance to win. I'm sorry but where is the brains here. benching your catcher for a medicore pitcher is a stupid move imo. If anything you bench Burnett for Posada. Are you suggesting we're gonna have Molina start potentially two games against boston and in the world series? That is a very stupid move.

95% of the times I would agree with you. I genuinely would. In this case, even you have to admit that Posada has every right to be upset He is a competitor and wants another ing. Molina dos not give you the best chance to win. I'm sorry but where is the brains here. benching your catcher for a medicore pitcher is a stupid move imo. If anything you bench Burnett for Posada. Are you suggesting we're gonna have Molina start potentially two games against boston and in the world series? That is a very stupid move.

I honestly think the Yankees line-up is much less of a concern than the Yankees rotation and the Yankees need AJ burnett at his best if they want to make a serious run at a championship. He was brought in and paid to be the number 2 guy and it is debatable if he lived up to that billing. He also has no playoff experience and you want to make him as comfortable out there as possible. That said you would hope he would be professional enough to pitch to whomever the Yankees put back there.

The Yankees line-up can more than make up the loss of Posada. I think Posada should realize that if they want to win a championship then he has to do what is best for the team.

Carl, I like you as a poster, but I gotta disagree here. Posada has been the ultimate competitor and the backbone of this franchise along with Jeter for the past decade+. He has a right to be somewhat disappointed that he's being benched in favor Jose Molina, who can't hold Jorge's jock.

Let's not forget here, that AJ Burnett's two best starts were with Georgie behind the plate -- the 15-0 Mets romp, where I think he gave up 4 hits...and the Friday night 1-hit 7 inning Sox game. I think it has more to do with Burnett's head than Posada catching. But Girardi made the decision and we gotta hope it's the right one.

I can't fault Posada for speaking out [barely].

the difference between a yankee fan and a red sox fan

a Yankee fan can anticipate a world series victory at least once every decade (80s being the exception) for his entire life. A Red Sox fan can anticipate a World Series victory once every other lifetime. If you saw it know that your children and maybe grandchildren will not.

the difference between a yankee fan and a red sox fan

a Yankee fan can anticipate a world series victory at least once every decade (80s being the exception) for his entire life. A Red Sox fan can anticipate a World Series victory once every other lifetime. If you saw it know that your children and maybe grandchildren will not.

Well, they'd better hurry up and win one this decade.

ah you forget. We christened the new millenium by destroying the Mets. This year would make a nice bookend for this decade. Win the first of the new millenium and the last of the first decade of the new millenium.

2000 was not the first year of this decade.

Your argument is such a reach seeing that Posada is still one of the most productive Yankees, while Varitek and his bitch arm merely clogs up roster space.

So you'd rather have Posada in the lineup and AJ pitching horribly than Molina in the line-up, which would still be a very productive one, and Burnett pitching effectively?

Interesting.

So you'd rather have Posada in the lineup and AJ pitching horribly than Molina in the line-up, which would still be a very productive one, and Burnett pitching effectively?

Interesting.

AJ pitched a one hitter against the sox to Posada, his best two games of the year were pitched to Posada.

He also pitched stinkers to Molina, better turn the dial from rinse back to spin. :yawn:

AJ pitched a one hitter against the sox to Posada, his best two games of the year were pitched to Posada.

He also pitched stinkers to Molina, better turn the dial from rinse back to spin. :yawn:

Carl never let facts get in the way of an anti-Yankees rant.

Archived